Rumor: Contract talks between Gallagher and the Habs break down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
Or he signs a team friendly contract with Habs after winning the cup. :)

Yeah, I can definitely see it happening...

upload_2020-10-13_19-56-16.gif

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
If Anderson got 5.5M then Gallagher can demand 7.5M+ based on what he brings to that team. Such a dumb contract by Bergevin. He at least should’ve made it a one or two year “prove it” deal.

On Steve Dangle's podcast, they ha Chris Johnson on and he said Anderson's camp basically said they would only sign a one or seven year deal. Bergevin didn't want to risk him walking as a UFA. Frankly, I think it's a really bad gamble on his part.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
He wants to get a big pay raise and 7 mil is the highest I would go. Next year, Allen is off the books and Alzner counts less than 2 mil on the cap, so its doable. Tatar is likely gone which saves another 4.88 mil on the cap. Danault at 4.5 -5 mil is more than fair and Armia likely gets less than 3 mil. KK is the big one here, do you bridge or give him McDavid dollars.
I would make it a team policy that everyone gets bridged forever . Giving kk macdavid dollars is a prime example why . No gm would do that .

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
What is Edmonton actually going to give the Habs for them, though?

If I am them I would trade a 1st and one of the top D prospects. May not even take a first if they added one of them.

I've never seen a team blow it with so many top D prospects....they might be better off selling high. Alot of the D they had went on to be great elsewhere, Schultz and Marino for example... so even if one of the D prospects ends up good on the Habs it doesnt mean they would do the same for the Oilers

To me, the Oilers are like what the Preds are with forwards. Who are Ironically are great at developing D.

I think Darnell Nurse would be way better elsewhere. I think Larsson gets back to being a solid Dman next year after his contract is up. Look at what Sekera did for Dallas as another example. They just cant get full potential out of their D. Not saying they all suck. But compared to what they do on other teams? We have seen the evidence to show how many dmen played better when leaving. We saw Larrsson get worse when going there. So what could Nurse truly be? Caleb Jones? Klefbom could be looked at as Hedman for all we know on a diff team lol

Point is...they are better off selling high on D prospects. If im them Id do that.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Rust and Pettersson for Gallagher

MTL gets a player similar to Gallagher but not quite as skilled in rust, plus a top 4 LHD.

Pens get the best player. Extend him for 6 years

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Rust and Pettersson for Gallagher

MTL gets a player similar to Gallagher but not quite as skilled in rust, plus a top 4 LHD.

Pens get the best player. Extend him for 6 years
Wouldn’t take Rust for free. We need Gally. We are good to go, Drop the puck.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
If true, the offer I made for Byron & Gallagher for Jarnkrok is not that bad. You wonder if the Habs would trade Gallagher and cap to turn around and get Kovy, Hoffman, and m0re...
It’s possible. No other way to move Byron otherwise. Unless they want to trade high end prospects.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
What is Edmonton actually going to give the Habs for them, though?
How much cap space do the oilers have ? If I knew Ottawa had some interest in kris Russell I could see a Tatar plus Gallagher for Bouchard , 2022 1st and Russell as a base .

Send a 2021 3rd and Russell to Ottawa for a 2022 4th.

use freed up cap space to sign Hoffman to a 5yr 6 million dollar contract

Leafmealone11

Aug 7, 2020
It's a risky deal but Bergevin didn't exactly have many options. Anderson was a year from UFA and reportedly informed the Habs he was only taking 1 year or 7.

Ya but he could have pointed out the size of contracts being given out, a top winger and the superstar Dman could not find over 8 good luck getting over 3.5 Anderson. Bluff called

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
If I am them I would trade a 1st and one of the top D prospects. May not even take a first if they added one of them.

I've never seen a team blow it with so many top D prospects....they might be better off selling high. Alot of the D they had went on to be great elsewhere, Schultz and Marino for example... so even if one of the D prospects ends up good on the Habs it doesnt mean they would do the same for the Oilers

To me, the Oilers are like what the Preds are with forwards. Who are Ironically are great at developing D.

I think Darnell Nurse would be way better elsewhere. I think Larsson gets back to being a solid Dman next year after his contract is up. Look at what Sekera did for Dallas as another example. They just cant get full potential out of their D. Not saying they all suck. But compared to what they do on other teams? We have seen the evidence to show how many dmen played better when leaving. We saw Larrsson get worse when going there. So what could Nurse truly be? Caleb Jones? Klefbom could be looked at as Hedman for all we know on a diff team lol

Point is...they are better off selling high on D prospects. If im them Id do that.

LOL . All garbage . Edmonton problem was they always drafted forwards and D takes longer to develop. Larsson problem isn’t Edmonton his back is shot on top of the death of his father that had him down . Klefbom was never seen as a D anywhere close to Hedman . Also Klefbom is very good when he not injured . Jones and Bear were drafted in later rounds and have developed well . Nurse should be better I guess it’s Edmonton fault they should of hired a brain surgeon to install a brain . Edmonton isn’t trade their young D . Remember they refused to move one of them for OEL . Point is moot as OEL wouldn’t of waived anyways but Holland refused it when asked . Future D

Broberg Bouchard
Samorukov Bear
Jones xxx
Xxx

Reactions: voxel

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
I love Gally, but I have a feeling his next contract will become a boat anchor in a few years. He takes an insane amount of punishment and players like him don't age gracefully.

Reactions: Stormcrow

mikeg

Feb 28, 2004
On Steve Dangle's podcast, they ha Chris Johnson on and he said Anderson's camp basically said they would only sign a one or seven year deal. Bergevin didn't want to risk him walking as a UFA. Frankly, I think it's a really bad gamble on his part.

It's a gamble he had to take though. It's a player who profiles well for the team with nothing in the system similar and a virtual impossibility of landing someone with his size and skill in free agency. Bergy has tried signing UFAs, doing an offer sheet, etc. He's struck out every time. This was the only way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad