Post-Game Talk: Contenders beat pretenders

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Their pp 2/3, our 0/3. Swoop that and we win 3-2.
This has actually been our biggest problem this season. Funny, this was our strength last season. If not for pp, we do not make playoffs last season.

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
Their pp 2/3, our 0/3. Swoop that and we win 3-2.
This has actually been our biggest problem this season. Funny, this was our strength last season. If not for pp, we do not make playoffs last season.

Yup. With a good PP we'd be sitting atop our division right now.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
You guys are putting too much emphasis on result and not process. Process wise we did great last night for the most part. Obviously our special teams continue to suck but the majority of the game is ES and we played great during ES against one of the most dangerous teams in the league.

That said, if we don't fix the PP/PK we are in mega trouble.

Yeah this was my take on both games. I went away satisfied and pleased the Wings fully kept up with the Hawks. Embarrassing?...it could have been much worse. There were so many back and forth plays, the game has gotten so quick I had to rewind and watch parts again to fathom what the heck happened. We lost but that was some elite hockey.

An athlete always wants to play against the best competition. Losing to a better team is humbling yet a good lesson. It hurts our pride but later you lift your head up, think of the good things you did, the chances, etc. For years I've watched teams get completely schooled by Detroit then next game they look like the Wings! You take something from facing the best.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Wings go on a little tear after this. We can skate with anybody. It's blind faith but I feel confidence heading into the home stretch. Thank our lucky stars we aren't Vancouver, or Buffalo, Edmonton, Toronto (give me a break :shakehead) etc. Detroit may not be a favorite but there's too much class and pride to ever lose respect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad