OT: Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV, Movies, Books, Games) III - Use Spoiler Tags!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Nintendo accidentally gave a hint that the next DLC character for Smash will be from SNK, and presumably we’ll know which one in tomorrow’s Direct. Watch it be a fighter from Samurai Shodown to really piss off the “too many anime swordsmen” crowd. A very cruel part of me hopes that’s the case just so I can laugh.

I’m also hoping we get some info on Metroid Prime 4 and Bayonetta 3. The latter is supposed to be released this year, but the last Nintendo Direct had nothing about it, and it’s been pushed back already.

It was Terry, which was a solid choice. Love all the representation in Smash. Glad we are getting more fighters too.

Someone from Tekken needs to get in there. I can’t even imagine who else after that.

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
100% agree. Prime was by far the best of the series, and has much better replay value than any other game in the series. I dare say that Metroid Prime was my favorite game ever.
It’s my second favorite after Earthbound. No MP4 news but I imagine it’s early in development.
It was Terry, which was a solid choice. Love all the representation in Smash. Glad we are getting more fighters too.

Someone from Tekken needs to get in there. I can’t even imagine who else after that.
Namco is probably going to push for Tekken since they co-made Smash Ultimate. Phoenix Wright would be a good fit too, if he was in Marvel vs. Capcom then he could fit in Smash.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
i was about to post in the thread about nothing that life sucks and blah blah blah, but I figured no one would want to hear so instead just please listen to this Jacob Banks song. Probably the best vocalist I've had the pleasure of seeing live, his voice is just incredible.

RangerDoggo

Feb 3, 2016
T-minus 11 days for Link's Awakening on Switch. The original Game Boy version was my first ever Zelda game and still one of my favorites in the series, if not my absolute favorite. The style is a little weird but I'll get used to it.

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
Anyone else picking up NHL20? Normally I wait several years between games but with all the new faces on our squad I had to get the roster updated game. Seems like they made a bunch of gameplay and mechanics improvements so that'll be nice too.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
Anyone got any suggestions for a two-player PS4 game that my girlfriend and I can play together on our couch? She's not into "war" stuff. I'm thinking something light and goofy / cute.

Auto Pilot

Sep 7, 2019
Just saw The Fanatic with some friends which is directed by Fred Durst (yes that one) and starring John Travolta. Lol. It’s on the level of The Room, but if the room had Nicholas Cage starring in it trying to do a Dustin Hoffman Ran Man impression.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Anyone got any suggestions for a two-player PS4 game that my girlfriend and I can play together on our couch? She's not into "war" stuff. I'm thinking something light and goofy / cute.

While not a 2 player game technically, I bet she would like making the choices in Persona 5. I don't think I'd call it "light" necessarily, but it is very goofy in all the best ways.

Reactions: None Shall Pass

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I’m two eps into The Righteous Gemstones. The pilot is one of the best ones I’ve seen, the second episode has some moments but it’s really there to build up story. Nonetheless, Danny McBride is
as good as ever.

I've seen all 4 episodes, absolutely love the show and not a real spoiler but Walton Goggins enters the show in episode 3 and is hilarious as well. Danny is always sorta the same character, which I still think is hilarious but Walton really embraces trying different things with his characters and still manages to be hysterical.

RangerDoggo

Feb 3, 2016
There's a video game store near where I work and I'm going to buy Link's Awakening on my lunch break. The original Game Boy version feels like the most overlooked game in the series, but it has a special place in my heart because it was the first Zelda game I ever played. Even today, I'm amazed at how much they managed to squeeze in to a little Game Boy cartridge. Needless to say, I was excited when they announced a remake.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
My wife and I finally started watching The Sopranos after my brother had been nagging me to do so for years.

It's all been said before about how it's one of the best shows ever, and I think it's living up to that so far (we're on season 4). I won't belabor the point.

But I've been struck by the amount of Devils stuff featured in the show: sweaters, posters, logos, etc. Maybe I shouldn't be surprised by that for a show set in Jersey, but I still thought it was a nice touch.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK

Crash Bandicoot remake? All three games remastered. My wife loved it.

Or get a Nintendo Switch. So many options for couch play.

RangerDoggo

Feb 3, 2016
Link's Awakening update: it's really good. I don't think it should be a $60 game but I don't feel like I wasted my money, either. It's also very faithfully recreated. The art style is unique and I think in a good way.

People keep talking about Untitled Goose Game, which sounds really fun.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Idk if there are any Big Brother fans on here, but after what happened during the finale tonight I will never watch that show again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad