Player Discussion: Conor Sheary

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
We used to argue Point was equivalent/better than Aho because of his two way ability on top of his offensive production. Now that he's more offensively one sided I'm not sure it's a comparable any more.

NJBolt

May 1, 2024
The Capitals had been trying to resign Sheary last summer. Just probably not for the term and $$ that the Lightning offered. However, the Max Pacioretty signing didn't really work for them either. 1 year $2 million (Also, 4 goals, same as Sheary)

Peter Laviolette, his coach with the Capitals, is now coaching the Rangers. I would imagine the Lightning will be able to find someone to take him in a trade this summer.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
The Capitals had been trying to resign Sheary last summer. Just probably not for the term and $$ that the Lightning offered. However, the Max Pacioretty signing didn't really work for them either. 1 year $2 million (Also, 4 goals, same as Sheary)

Peter Laviolette, his coach with the Capitals, is now coaching the Rangers. I would imagine the Lightning will be able to find someone to take him in a trade this summer.
Ask them for one puck and shake hands.

Last edited:

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

From the press conference it appears to me JBB has full intentions to bring him back

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
From the press conference it appears to me JBB has full intentions to bring him back
So he plans to compound his mistake of signing him by keeping him after his m-ntc kicks in, thereby coating the team needed cap space to sign/acquire players with actual value. That's a bold strategy...

Reactions: Zwui21

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
So he plans to compound his mistake of signing him by keeping him after his m-ntc kicks in, thereby coating the team needed cap space to sign/acquire players with actual value. That's a bold strategy...
He gave Jeannot almsot a 2 million dollar raise for two seasons. He seems doubling down on his bad moves in the normal.

Reactions: ultra63

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
He gave Jeannot almsot a 2 million dollar raise for two seasons. He seems doubling down on his bad moves in the normal.
Oh, no doubt that both players need to be moved this summer if the team is actually going to be able to sign actual help from the ufa market. Perbix can join them as well in order to give Tampa around 17.5 million to sign 7 guys after Stamkos, so ideally 10.5-11 for 7 guys. Four of those would be min level or close enough, so ~7.5 for three. Probably 3ish on a F, 3ish on a dman, and ~1.5 on an additional F. There won't be much, if any, space left, but some improvement would occur imo.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Oh, no doubt that both players need to be moved this summer if the team is actually going to be able to sign actual help from the ufa market. Perbix can join them as well in order to give Tampa around 17.5 million to sign 7 guys after Stamkos, so ideally 10.5-11 for 7 guys. Four of those would be min level or close enough, so ~7.5 for three. Probably 3ish on a F, 3ish on a dman, and ~1.5 on an additional F. There won't be much, if any, space left, but some improvement would occur imo.
Stamkos, Gonglaves, Chaffee would be 3 forwards then sign a top 4 defeneseman and a budget defeneseman like cole.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Stamkos, Gonglaves, Chaffee would be 3 forwards then sign a top 4 defeneseman and a budget defeneseman like cole.
If they move out Jeannot, Sheary and Perbix, they'll have 7F, 5D and 2G. Stamkos, Chaffee, Goncalves and Crozier take up 4 of the 8 spots, then a top 4 RD and a middle 6 F leaves 2 spots left at low level cap hits for 2 additional bottom 6/13th F types. Motte can probably be kept for cheap, and maybe someone like Sam Lafferty, if he doesn't re-sign in Vancouver. For D-men, it all depends on how much they want to allocate. If they spend more, then someone like DeMelo would be great if available, and if less then maybe Chatfield. Hedman, Serg amd Lilleberg on the left, DeMelo/Chatfield , Cernak, Raddysh on the right, with Crozier getting games in as well wouldn't be a bad blueline. There's no room for Duclair, but they could find another middle 6 wing with upside for the ~3 million they might have to spend, or just add a depth piece in the ~2 million range.

Stelio Kontos

Nov 6, 2011
I doubt he comes back he was healthy and we never dressed and played him in the playoffs at all

Apparently Sheary ruptured tendon in finger December 30.. an injury so bad he proceeded to play 36 games right after it happened. Don't know why that was allowed to happen.

Sheary and Jeannot not working out resulted in losing Jack Thompson + a 3rd for 22 games of Anthony Duclair who's going to walk in free agency. Fantastic at least we didn't get swept am I right

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Apparently Sheary ruptured tendon in finger December 30.. an injury so bad he proceeded to play 36 games right after it happened. Don't know why that was allowed to happen.

Sheary and Jeannot not working out resulted in losing Jack Thompson + a 3rd for 22 games of Anthony Duclair who's going to walk in free agency. Fantastic at least we didn't get swept am I right
You make the moves that you feel give you the best chance at the time. A 3rd round pick isn't a big loss, and Thompson wasn't cracking the lineup it seems. I also think re-signing Duclair was the plan until Nashville came calling about McD, which JBB wasn't going to pass up.

Reactions: Stelio Kontos

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
You make the moves that you feel give you the best chance at the time. A 3rd round pick isn't a big loss, and Thompson wasn't cracking the lineup it seems. I also think re-signing Duclair was the plan until Nashville came calling about McD, which JBB wasn't going to pass up.
You think JBB was prioritizing resigning Duclair over Stamkos?

I found this odd as well with regards to Sheary. Not entirely peeved at the duclair cost, but the Sheary part is puzzling.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
You think JBB was prioritizing resigning Duclair over Stamkos?

I found this odd as well with regards to Sheary. Not entirely peeved at the duclair cost, but the Sheary part is puzzling.
No, and until McD suddenly become available there was enough room for Duclair, Stamkos, and a cheaper dman addition by moving three that still need to be moved in Jeannot, Sheary, and Perbix.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Moving Perbix is stupid, 25 year old on an off year still logging 15+ mins a game for just over a million? Yeah that's good value. Let's move him so we can save 200k and play De Hann's

So many excuses just not go with the obvious choice of moving Cirelli/Sergachev.

Reactions: GoBoltz56

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
With both Lilleberg and Crozier ready and/or waiting, and still a bit cheaper, moving Perbix(who was worse than most dmen on the team this year) makes sense if the team needs all available cap space. It also makes sense if Cooper sees Lilleberg and Crozier ahead of him moving forward, as it makes Perbix #8 on the depth chart. Finally, Perbix may still have some trade value, so moving him could bring back a mid round pick. Getting rid of a far more talented dman or 2C after year 1 of an 8 year deal should be much less preferred of an option this offseason. Serg is the only one that could, in theory, go and the team could actually improve overall between trade return and likely adding a top 4 cheaper RD and a couple if middle 6 F, but it still seems doubtful. If JBB can make the cap work and Perbix is still seen as a better option than at least one of Lilleberg/Crozier, then fine, keep him. If not, he should be easy to trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad