Player Discussion: Conor Sheary

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
The full ntc is just for this season. Also, as.has been seen in the past, even a full ntc doesn't necessarily mean anything. After this season, it becomes a m-ntc and he can be moved to half the league, so I'm sure he can be moved over the summer(if not sooner).

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I like how everyone dumps on the 2M third liner but make every excuse under the moon for the 9.5M guy in net who impacts the game 10x more.

Vasi
Stamkos
Sergachev

That's about 25M more reasons why we're as bad as we are this season. Big contracts not performing.

I would add Point to that list as well. Sure he's over a ppg but we are paying him money that should get you more than slightly above ppg scoring, especially since he's taken a step back defensively. He also plays with the best player in the league so should be getting more points than he is.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I would add Point to that list as well. Sure he's over a ppg but we are paying him money that should get you more than slightly above ppg scoring, especially since he's taken a step back defensively. He also plays with the best player in the league so should be getting more points than he is.

Point's totals is massively inflated this year by Kucherov, he's on pace for 85 points and 40 goals but he's really playing like a 65 point guy most nights. He should be blowing his career year out the water if he was playing at a good level and finishing those golden chances he's getting.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
The guy plays with Stamkos and Paul and has 1 goal and 10 points. He was meant as our Colton replacement. It should be more than doable to fix this $2M cog in the wheel. That’s why it gets brought up so much.

Nobody in their right mind can be happy with our RW depth beyond Kuch. Luke Glendening (9 goals and 10 points) is bringing more offensively in a strict 4th line shutdown role. Let that sink in for a minute.

His most common linemates are Motte and Essimont. Paul and Stamkos are his second most common with Glendening and Essimont third. Also Stamkos is an even strength blackhole this season so that argument he should score more with him doesn't work.

I also don't know why you think he was Colton's replacement? He's not a C nor has been in his career. He was to add bottom 6 scoring depth. Which he hasn't done but again is paid just 2M not 4M like Colton who we couldn't afford to keep.

Reactions: aylib

aylib

Mods are lame
Mar 26, 2002
St. Pete, FL
His most common linemates are Motte and Essimont. Paul and Stamkos are his second most common with Glendening and Essimont third. Also Stamkos is an even strength blackhole this season so that argument he should score more with him doesn't work.

I also don't know why you think he was Colton's replacement? He's not a C nor has been in his career. He was to add bottom 6 scoring depth. Which he hasn't done but again is paid just 2M not 4M like Colton who we couldn't afford to keep.
Paul isn’t the greatest at generating offense at even strength, either.
Stammer is by far #1 on the team in terms of percentage of points via PP (55%), while Paul is 4th (3rd among forwards).

Stammer (-25) paired with Paul (-20) seem to be a magnet for goals against while not offering much of anything in return. They aren’t that great at forechecking, they aren’t physical, I guess their strength as a line would be cycling, but even that is average at best.

I do think sticking Sheary with Paul and Stamkos is a decent way of containing all that even strength mediocrity to one line.

To no one’s surprise, our other MVP- Hagel is dead last among players who have earned a point on the power play; he is at 10% of his point totals coming via PP.
A man possessed at EV.

Last edited:

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
U all will see, we will get spot in PO,we will go til SCF, and there in game 7 in OT dude will score gwg and SCF winning goal, and than u will all praise him
If that somehow happened, or even if he just scores an playoff OT winner against the Rangers, Bruins, Panthers, Leafs etc, both things can be true: he sucked in the regular season but would deserve his praise for a big playoff moment.

I don't see him coming up big down the stretch of the regular season, and if we make it, the playoffs as well.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
He never plays anymore? Healthy scratch?
Interesting enough when we stopped using him every game calling you Chauffe and adding Duclair to the lineup then the wins started piling up. There is a strong or weak correlation , but it doesn't matter to me because the bolts are winning. Sheary is past his prime and should find a way to trade or ltir . The sheary signing, jeannot extension, and cirelli extension were looking terrible. Cirelli has been on. A tear since we added an actual top 6 forward to the mix. I am glad I motivated cirelli with my comments (just kidding).

Reactions: ultra63

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
What a surprise, Sheary starts a game and the team loses(I know.he wasn't the main reason they lost). Regardless, he brings very little, if anything, every time he's out there. Whatever it takes to get his contract moved after the season should be a reasonably high priority.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
I mean can we waive the guy? Maybe a bottom feeder picks him up. I know the game wasn't on him sitting a few starters and calling him intl the lineup. He just doesn't show nhl talent some games. Before he got hurt he wa starting to look like an okay bottom 6 player but is overpaid and redundant for what he brings.

Interesting enough when we stopped using him every game calling you Chauffe and adding Duclair to the lineup then the wins started piling up. There is a strong or weak correlation , but it doesn't matter to me because the bolts are winning. Sheary is past his prime and should find a way to trade or ltir . The sheary signing, jeannot extension, and cirelli extension were looking terrible. Cirelli has been on. A tear since we added an actual top 6 forward to the mix. I am glad I motivated cirelli with my comments (just kidding).
We did some jedi mind games Stevie taught us to motivate Cirelli. If only it worked on sheary,Jeannot, and fleury.

ultra63

Feb 27, 2008
The most frightening thing to hear during a game is "Sheary battling for the puck". Certain turnover, leading to a 2 on 1 .
No offence. no defense, and makes linemates work extra hard to compensate.
The best place for him is in the top row, next to the press box.
Tanner and him each have 13 points 😞in 51 - 53 games

Reactions: Zwui21

Stelio Kontos

Nov 6, 2011
This I don’t understand sheary was a decent player on other teams was terrible here

Or Duclair and Jeannot.

All forwards we get look terrible for the most part when they get here.

I don’t even know why we signed him for 3 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ Even when he’s on he’s completely useless in the playoffs

Last edited:

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
This I don’t understand sheary was a decent player on other teams was terrible here
Father time gets us all in the end on earth. He has aged and battled injuries. His game relied on speed and he has lost some speed.
This guy should be gone for anything we can get or for future considerations to UTAH.

Or Duclair and Jeannot.

All forwards we get look terrible for the most part when they get here.

I don’t even know why we signed him for 3 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ Even when he’s on he’s completely useless in the playoffs
Duclair was great in the season, but not in the playoffs.
Well Jeannot just hasn't show the lightning he is anything but an average 4th line/ below average 3rd line enforcer that needs to improve his skating and puck skills.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
i remember when everyone here was making fun of jbb for signing namestnikov who was so obviously trash.. and then he goes to winnipeg and goes right back to being a solid player.

cooper is obviously a great coach but at some point you have to wonder why so many forwards seem to do better when they leave our team

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
i remember when everyone here was making fun of jbb for signing namestnikov who was so obviously trash.. and then he goes to winnipeg and goes right back to being a solid player.

cooper is obviously a great coach but at some point you have to wonder why so many forwards seem to do better when they leave our team
Yep if sheary leaves and puts up 45 points I’ll be like WTH is going on with our system and coaches

Reactions: ccman68

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
He had 50 and 46 goals over the last 2 seasons and was PPG in the playoffs this year? 90 points? 95 points in 82 games the year prior? Going after Point of all people is once again pretty laughable, like going after Kucherovs production.

What you actually need to ask yourself is why is that player here, what is the role he is expected to play, and how does he look compared to those expectations. We're not trying to sneak in another top six forward amongst 91/86/21 and crew, they're often looking to be slightly-more-offensively-talented defensive forwards.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00