Not open for further replies.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
TOP-6 can be really good even without Connor,

Top 6 will be better with him -

Just like they should be better with Laine -

That's my approach when looking at our top talent - no need to look at this any other way.
With the way salaries are going, 7 and change looks good to me and will look like a Scheif deal in a few years -
At least for those of us who see this guy as top end talent.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Part of the reason I say that is because it kinda seems like it was everyone’s fall back plan. All that negotiating and we end around where most predicted on a bridge. Maybe a little high but not far off.

It’s just that dam wacky “process” sometimes can be so clunky even if the finishing point looks obvious.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I’m going out on a limb and calling a KC trade.

wKZNBih.gif

:DD

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
Press conference with Laine isn't until Monday. Speculation is that it's because they may want to have both Connor and Laine present for the conference.

That’d be hilarious if Connor was there and still unsigned, answering questions.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
that's a mighty thin limb. not happening. Perreault 1st pick roslovic prospects lots of options if they want to get a dman.

Yeah so the 1st pick would go towards moving Perreault the 4th line penalty machine, which would leave only Roslovic and the prospects... which won’t net much of a defender back.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Yeah so the 1st pick would go towards moving Perreault the 4th line penalty machine, which would leave only Roslovic and the prospects... which won’t net much of a defender back.
lets move a 35-40 goal scorer instead. Perreault I guess retires next year too since no one wants him. so that leaves everybody on the bottom 6 prospects draft picks to get a dman if they wanted instead of trading connor.

backwards motion

Sep 29, 2017
So Rantanen is a Jet now too , excellent . :naughty:
I'd really like that. Stick Rantanen's passing skills with Patrik... I'd love to see that. Too bad there's something called cap and stuff, so I just might have to wait for Olympics or something to see something like Laine - Aho/Barkov - Rantanen.

But we do have Laine at least. So that's ...something (good!). :)

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia

There’s no chance it’s going to cost a 1st to move Perreault. I have no idea how people leap to these conclusions.

Reactions: Cellee

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
That’s the going rate for clearing cap space.

No it’s not. Where does someone with some cap space use a 1st rounder to move $4 million in salary that still produces points? Just because the Leafs were forced to make cap space with a $6.25 million salary because they boxed themselves in a corner doesn’t mean everyone else has too. That’s not how the market works.

Reactions: KingBogo and Cellee

Whileee

May 29, 2010
That’s the going rate for clearing cap space.
False - not for a useful player with Perreault's cap hit. Also, the Jets can trade Perreault with retained salary, which makes him at least a break-even trade value.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
No it’s not. Where does someone with some cap space use a 1st rounder to move $4 million in salary that still produces points? Just because the Leafs were forced to make cap space with a $6.25 million salary because they boxed themselves in a corner doesn’t mean everyone else has too. That’s not how the market works.
Yup. Also, the Leafs were desperate and Marleau could dictate his trade destination, and in this case, force a trade to a team that would agree to buy out his contract.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
KC 7 x 7.143m or 50 m over 7 years. Laine 6 x 9m.
KC 2 x 5.25m. Laine 2 x 6.75m.
KC 2 x 5.25m. Laine 6 x 9m.
Laine 2 x 6.75m. KC 50m over 7 ears.

I guessed right on the bridge deal but probably have too much term on Connor's.

Reactions: robertocarlos

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Honestly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad