Salary Cap: Connor & Laine Contracts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
I, personally, would rather trade Ehlers over Connor.
I prefer KC’s style of play and think he brings a lot to the team all over the ice.

Not to get into a huge debate but other then scoring(which is extremely valuable in and of itself), Connor doesn’t bring much else. Ehlers is a much more complete winger at this point.

Honestly, think we’re better off holding onto both going forward. They both are very young and are just scraping the surface of their potential.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Not to get into a huge debate but other then scoring(which is extremely valuable in and of itself), Connor doesn’t bring much else. Ehlers is a much more complete winger at this point.

Honestly, think we’re better off holding onto both going forward. They both are very young and are just scraping the surface of their potential.
Keeping both would be my 1st choice.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
KC 7 x 7.143m or 50 m over 7 years. Laine 6 x 9m.
KC 2 x 5.25m. Laine 2 x 6.75m.
KC 2 x 5.25m. Laine 6 x 9m.
Laine 2 x 6.75m. KC 50m over 7 ears.

I guessed right on the bridge deal but probably have too much term on Connor's.

You have Connor right on the bridge.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016

I agree let's not get into a big debate but connor brings alot more then just scoring to the table. I think alot more then ehlers but regardless jets would not trade either.

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
I agree let's not get into a big debate but connor brings alot more then just scoring to the table. I think alot more then ehlers but regardless jets would not trade either.

I disagree and stats disagree as well, but we can leave it at that. I agree Jets should keep both, and Connor is young and both are good hockey players.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
The Laine contract is good value on a bridge. He’s a fair bit better than Tkachuk and his AAV actually came in lower, which is nice. The Flames do have the extra year, of course.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
6 years is the most rumoured term with asking reports in the $7.5 range, I'll guess a little lower AAV as Connor has benefited from the best possible usage on his ELC. 6 X $7M is my bet.
Not a penny more I hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig