Salary Cap: Connor & Laine Contracts

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
Whats left for Conner on a 7 year deal if Buff comes back? 7X7mil ?? . Do we have any bonuses that could take us over the cap this year and restrict us next year ?

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Whats left for Conner on a 7 year deal if Buff comes back? 7X7mil ?? . Do we have any bonuses that could take us over the cap this year and restrict us next year ?

We may have a couple 100k in bonuses for Roslovic and Niku. Nothing all that substantial.

Reactions: SCP Guy

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
$14 859 169 available now.
if Buff returns his 7.6M reduces it to $7 259 169 left.
Roslovic is eligible for $212 500 performance bonus and Niku is eligible for $60 000 performance bonus

Reactions: KB1971 and SCP Guy

BatVader

May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
I think the Connor likely wants 6yrs x 7.5M, and his deal is being held up by Buff because if he returns the Jets don’t have that available.
This one, IMO, might take til opening day.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
$14 859 169 available now.
if Buff returns his 7.6M reduces it to $7 259 169 left.
Roslovic is eligible for $212 500 performance bonus and Niku is eligible for $60 000 performance bonus
Not exactly...

If Connor signs, the Jets will have 24 on the roster, so they'll need to move at least one player out. Let's say that Connor replaces Luoto or Suess on the roster. That would leave them with almost $8M in cap space, assuming Buff's cap hit is counted. If they played with a 22 man roster (which I think they will do at times), they would over $8M in cap space.

Reactions: KB1971 and BatVader

BatVader

May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Not exactly...

If Connor signs, the Jets will have 24 on the roster, so they'll need to move at least one player out. Let's say that Connor replaces Luoto or Suess on the roster. That would leave them with almost $8M in cap space, assuming Buff's cap hit is counted. If they played with a 22 man roster (which I think they will do at times), they would over $8M in cap space.
True... my bad

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
Press conference with Laine isn't until Monday. Speculation is that it's because they may want to have both Connor and Laine present for the conference.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
That and Laine has to travel all the way from Europe so he may not actually get in until Sunday.
Perhaps, but he could be in by tomorrow realistically, or be here by Sunday easily.
...I choose to believe the press conference is for Monday so they can have them both there because I've been a massive pessimist all pre-season and I want to change things up a bit.

Reactions: Moon Man

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Was at the The Chambers State of Hockey Address with Mark Chipman answering Dennis Beyak's questions. Led off by announcing the Laine deal, which was the fist time hearing the deal, cool way to find out, room exploded.

Followed that up by saying he is very confident Connor will be signed before the season starts on Wednesday.

That is a direct rumor from the horses mouth

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Perhaps, but he could be in by tomorrow realistically, or be here by Sunday easily.
...I choose to believe the press conference is for Monday so they can have them both there because I've been a massive pessimist all pre-season and I want to change things up a bit.

Could also be they just want to enjoy the weekend. Lol I like your theory though and hope it to be true.

Reactions: DannyGallivan

BatVader

May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Was at the The Chambers State of Hockey Address with Mark Chipman answering Dennis Beyak's questions. Led off by announcing the Laine deal, which was the fist time hearing the deal, cool way to find out, room exploded.

Followed that up by saying he is very confident Connor will be signed before the season starts on Wednesday.

That is a direct rumor from the horses mouth
I’m assuming there’s no updated info on Buff?

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
That and Laine has to travel all the way from Europe so he may not actually get in until Sunday.

Thomson probably has a company jet nearby. Probably easy to hook up to Fortnite. Toss some Red Bull in the fridge and he'd be here Saturday morning bright eyed (or maybe red) and bushy tailed.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
KC's agent and Chevy this weekend

tenor.gif

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I think Kehler's contract put a spanner in the Connor negotiations. Based on his performance thus far, it was an overpayment and Connor and his agent probably want a notch or two more than Kehler. Chevy is looking more at Konecny and Boeser as comparables.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
I expect them to sing Connor pretty soon, but the interesting thing about the situation is that Connor is not nearly as irreplaceable for the Jets as Laine. If Chevy maintains that he is not paying over let's say 6.5M AAV on any term for Connor, there might be even some holdout. Holding out will raise his cap hit, but as long as Buff is suspended, I guess those should like neutralize the effect of each other.

TOP-6 can be really good even without Connor, depending on how well Perreault or Roslovic is playing. Also Copp is available, though then 3rd line will take noticeable hit.

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
Congrats on the Laine signing. Just a perfect contract if he is what the rest of the world thinks no one will have a problem with paying a generational goal scorer 10+ mill. And if he doesnt well then he really has no case for such a pay raise, what do you guys expect from connor? I think if you can get hin for 7 or 8 years at 9m or under it would be another huge win.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Congrats on the Laine signing. Just a perfect contract if he is what the rest of the world thinks no one will have a problem with paying a generational goal scorer 10+ mill. And if he doesnt well then he really has no case for such a pay raise, what do you guys expect from connor? I think if you can get hin for 7 or 8 years at 9m or under it would be another huge win.
6 years is the most rumoured term with asking reports in the $7.5 range, I'll guess a little lower AAV as Connor has benefited from the best possible usage on his ELC. 6 X $7M is my bet.

Reactions: Eyeseeing
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad