Connor Brown

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
No, keep him in the AHL. Let him continue to develop. He's playing amazing and let him develop some chemistry with Nylander wherever he is going to be played.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Name Connor Brown
Number 28
Position Right Wing
Shoots Right
Height 5.11
Weight 170
Birthdate January 14, 1994
Hometown Etobicoke, ON

Related Media

Connor Brown - Eddie Powers Memorial & Red Tilson
CHL Top Scorer - Connor Brown
Connor Brown Wins Red Tilson Award
Connor Brown - Red Tilson Winner
Connor Brown wins Red Tilson Trophy
2013-14 Regular Season Award Winners
OHL Top Performers for January

2013-14 Regular Season Erie Otters 68 45 83 128 44 22
2012-13 Regular Season Erie Otters 63 28 41 69 -11 39
2011-12 Regular Season Erie Otters 68 25 28 53 -72 14
Total: 199 98 152 250 -39 75

2011-12 was his draft year lucky for us Erie was horrible that year so we lucked out and stole this guy lets not ruin him, next year maybe.
“He loves the game and is totally engaged every day as far as developing and getting better. He’s just a hungry, hungry player,†Dineen said. “Everything that he does is to benefit the team. He is a guy that wants the puck. He wants it offensively, and when he doesn’t have the puck, he Is very hungry to get it back

Thing is, and I have really struggled to understand is this, his stock hasn't gone up much considering his breakout or is fine work in the A.

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Thing is, and I have really struggled to understand is this, his stock hasn't gone up much considering his breakout or is fine work in the A.

1. He's a 6th rounder
2. He's a Leaf
3. He was the jr. linemate of a generational player

Brown won't get any recognition until he's proven his worth in the NHL, fair or not.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
1. He's a 6th rounder
2. He's a Leaf
3. He was the jr. linemate of a generational player

Brown won't get any recognition until he's proven his worth in the NHL, fair or not.

the kids got a chip on his shoulder

i say leave it there.:)

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
the kids got a chip on his shoulder

i say leave it there.:)

I'm with you. And we say his stock hasn't risen, but he's gone from being a late round nobody to a legitimate prospect with a chance to play in the NHL. He's been awesome so far, one of the best rookies in the AHL... not sure we can ask for more

leafobserver

Feb 23, 2007
Very impressed with his development thus far, but his stride is still a concern to me. Hopefully this improves.
Really no reason to have him in a Leafs uni this season. If I'm filling holes after the deadline I'm using Bodie and Frattin...don't need no kid full of pi$$ and vinegar ruining our chances in the lottery :)

RyanOhReally

Jan 21, 2015
Georgetown, ON
He's only a 6th rounder because he played on a very bad team (Bad enough to win Connor McDavid) which led to his -72 +/-. He's improved dramatically defensively in the 3 years since that season if I'm not mistaken as well.

Last edited:

leafobserver

Feb 23, 2007
He was a 6th rounder for the same reason Leivo wasn't even ranked (even though he went in the 3rd). Scouts are people, people make mistakes, and sometimes players develop at a slower pace, or find themselves in bad situations (Erie)...just happy we have him...and Leivo.

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011
Very impressed with his development thus far, but his stride is still a concern to me. Hopefully this improves.
Really no reason to have him in a Leafs uni this season. If I'm filling holes after the deadline I'm using Bodie and Frattin...don't need no kid full of pi$$ and vinegar ruining our chances in the lottery :)

I dont understand the stride thing, I've heard a couple people say it but I watched him in Ottawa over the weekend and he looks fine out there.

The only thing that concerns me is his size but he's tenacious and one of those ridiculously hard-working guys

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
A taste of the NHL, in a low-pressure, low-expectation setting, as a reward for playing well throughout the season = the point.

This! There's no real expectations of the player and they don't have to feel pressured that if they f_ck up (and most do) that it wont hurt the playoff chances given we are already out of the dance.

I say call Connor up, slot him in on the 2nd line with Kadri and let him play a few games (5-10) and give him a taste, time to see what we have and don't have in our players.

Willy Styles

Nov 5, 2014
York Region
guys do you realize, how good the Marlies will be next year. A top line of Nylander - Strome - Brown would be amazing!!!

I would actually watch and cheer for the Marlies.

Success at the Junior level together also is a great expierience, and players who have success at the AHL level in terms of winning usually develop a lot better.

trickster

Maple Leaf Lane Forever
Mar 6, 2002
Leaf Nation
guys do you realize, how good the Marlies will be next year. A top line of Nylander - Strome - Brown would be amazing!!!

Success at the Junior level together also is a great expierience, and players who have success at the AHL level in terms of winning usually develop a lot better.

If Strome was drafted by the Leafs, isn't there red-tape that prevents a North American CHL eligible player from being in the AHL?

RyanOhReally

Jan 21, 2015
Georgetown, ON

Strome would still be in the OHL

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
Yeah definitely take the slow approach with Brown. No need to rush him. Give him another year or two in the AHL with the state of the current team theres no rush.

He's a player though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad