Player Discussion Connor Brown (C) - Update: Signs 3 year, $10.8M deal

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Norris has to make them make a hard decision. He shouldn't be handed a roster spot. Same with Chlapik.

Centers should be: Stutzle, Brown, Arty and Tierney. White can play the wing.
Stutzle is starting on the left side. The team has already said this and it makes the most sense. Let him adjust to the ice and the league without the pressure of the additional responsibilities of a centre. Transition him to centre in a year or two if that’s where they feel he will eventually provide the best results.

Reactions: aragorn

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Stutzle is starting on the left side. The team has already said this and it makes the most sense. Let him adjust to the ice and the league without the pressure of the additional responsibilities of a centre. Transition him to centre in a year or two if that’s where they feel he will eventually provide the best results.
Brown, White, Tierney and Arty then. My point doesn't change, make Brown, Norris and Chlappy compete for that last centre spot.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Brown, White, Tierney and Arty then. My point doesn't change, make Brown, Norris and Chlappy compete for that last centre spot.
I think DJ prefers White on the wing. The 2LC spot looks like a battle between Norris and Brown at the moment. The Belleville exit interviews were a shot across the bow to Brown The org publicly stated Norris is ready so Brown better get to camp and show his off season work moved him ahead of Norris. My guess is Norris would have to beat out Brown by a good amount to win the spot, but he might blow Brown away in camp.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I think DJ prefers White on the wing. The 2LC spot looks like a battle between Norris and Brown at the moment. The Belleville exit interviews were a shot across the bow to Brown The org publicly stated Norris is ready so Brown better get to camp and show his off season work moved him ahead of Norris. My guess is Norris would have to beat out Brown by a good amount to win the spot, but he might blow Brown away in camp.
Why do you think he prefers him on the wing?

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
3 years max
$3.8 max

If they signed him to that for 8 years I would see zero flaw. He'd be a great vet who'd contribute for the first 5-6 years and be a great leader the last few, can be traded really easily with the low cap hit (the league might return to post covid market value after that and he'd be a bargain).

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Why does Dorion always wait to the 11th hour to get player signed or traded? Stone, Karlsson, Pageau, Brown...it's all the same. Either Dorion's hands are tied by Melnyk or something is seriously wrong with how we do our planning as an organization. Even Duclair, if you knew it wasn't gonna get done why didn't you try and move him as an RFA for a late pick. Something would have been better than nothing. Does he like waiting for the last minute to scramble off a deal or a trade?

Reactions: BatherSeason

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
This coming down to the wire gives me a good feeling we aren't about to see some stupid long term contract and they will have to meet in the middle on shortish term.

Hoping for 2-3 years max.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Why does Dorion always wait to the 11th hour to get player signed or traded? Stone, Karlsson, Pageau, Brown...it's all the same. Either Dorion's hands are tied by Melnyk or something is seriously wrong with how we do our planning as an organization. Even Duclair, if you knew it wasn't gonna get done why didn't you try and move him as an RFA for a late pick. Something would have been better than nothing. Does he like waiting for the last minute to scramble off a deal or a trade?
RFA going to arbitration or signing right before it isn't the 11th hour, it's pretty standard practice.

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
Because his staff consists of himself. Man is busy...

In other orgs they have a team surrounding the GM to help.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Because his staff consists of himself. Man is busy...

In other orgs they have a team surrounding the GM to help.
Really? So if he decided to quit today he would have no backup. Agreed his team is probably a lot smaller compared to other teams but how is Brown not a priority? It's priority signing Beaudin and Daccord over Brown? That's what I'm saying... always right to the end.

Last edited:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Really? So if he decided to quit today he would have no backup. Agreed his team is probably a lot smaller compared to other teams but how is Brown not a priority? It's priority signing Beaudin and Daccord over Brown? That's what I'm saying... always right to the end.
That wasn't the case with Chabot & White. It could be that rather than settle with C. Brown it might be cheaper for the organization to let an arbiter pick a half way number than costs the org less than if presented by the team, the Brown team might not accept it. They have done well with a couple of arbitrator decisions in the past & they might get lucky with this one too. My guess is that they have a number in mind & the arbiter decision or Brown's side has to be near that number for them to settle otherwise they could just let him walk away as they let Duclair walk. I think they settle this week.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
you need both parties to agree. It's called negotiating.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I guarantee you that the Leafs have three times the bodies the Sens do in their front office.
And they are still building a soft shitty regular season team, more bodies doesn't necessarily mean a change in philosophy.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Melbourne Demons @ West Coast Eagles
    Melbourne Demons @ West Coast Eagles
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,800.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Austria vs Norway
    Austria vs Norway
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $245.00