Waived: Connauton claimed by Arizona

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Coyotes fan here. Can anyone give a scouting report on him and his usage?
He's very good when he's playing well. A bomb from the point, but he needs to use it often to get in a groove. He's very smart offensively and is a good skater. Defensively he's very wild and needs a lot of work. He can be a good player for you guys.

ReggieRed

Good job. Good work. Good goal next!
Jan 6, 2015
Milford Center, OH
I wonder if anyone else put in a claim. The Islanders are down 2 dmen this week although both were right handed. If they did Arizona is higher in the waiver order.

I think he is a good gamble for teams, okay size, pretty agile skater, scored 9 goals or something last year, young, plays for close to NHL minimum which makes him low risk and he is an RFA so if he works out you can keep him for next to nothing (well in NHL terms).

Just seems like we should have been able to flip him for a 5th or 6th round pick.

A bit late I know, but NHL Network Radio was saying yesterday afternoon that "multiple teams" had put in a claim for Cotton, but the 'Yotes were awarded him based on whatever criteria they use for these things. Didn't say who exactly or how many teams, but I got the impression that it was more than two from their discussion about it.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
A bit late I know, but NHL Network Radio was saying yesterday afternoon that "multiple teams" had put in a claim for Cotton, but the 'Yotes were awarded him based on whatever criteria they use for these things. Didn't say who exactly or how many teams, but I got the impression that it was more than two from their discussion about it.

Its just the NHL standings. Worst record gets first shot and so on down the line. If another team put in a waiver claim, it would have had to have been a team with a better record than them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad