Waived: Connauton claimed by Arizona

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
I might have gotten lost on the logic here. Wouldn't keeping them hurt our team more than waiving them?

I'll be interested to see what we do, I would have like to have kept someone as our #7 next season but now it could be Prout.

I'm saying waiving the best of the three.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
i don't know what this means...did he ask out? did he cuss out Torts and JK for waiving him?

Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 3m3 minutes ago
#CBJ coach John Tortorella on Connauton: "He's been very honest w me as far as his feelings. Great kid. I hope he thrives (in Phoenix)."

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
i don't know what this means...did he ask out? did he cuss out Torts and JK for waiving him?

#CBJ coach John Tortorella on Connauton: "He's been very honest w me as far as his feelings. Great kid. I hope he thrives (in Phoenix)."

Why am I not playing? Prout sucks. What the hell is Clarkson making that much?

Waive me plz

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

I'm guessing he and Torts had many meetings where Connauton told him he was unhappy with sitting and felt he deserved playing time. As the scratches became more frequent, so did the frustration.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
I really don't see what other people see in David Savard. I would have rather seen a trade for Savard rather than placing Connauton on waivers. I have watched him time and time again make poor decisions with the puck, which often leads to turning the puck over in our defensive zone. His defensive net presence/net play in our defensive zone is worthless, and believe he only exposes our lack of D even more. It's time to start thinking about trading Savard ASAP.

blahblah? Second comment on article

:laugh:

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I really don't see what other people see in David Savard. I would have rather seen a trade for Savard rather than placing Connauton on waivers. I have watched him time and time again make poor decisions with the puck, which often leads to turning the puck over in our defensive zone. His defensive net presence/net play in our defensive zone is worthless, and believe he only exposes our lack of D even more. It's time to start thinking about trading Savard ASAP.

blahblah? Second comment on article

:laugh:

I think you are my new hero.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I was kidding (mostly).

I'll be honest, I've been thinking for a while that's what we need to do with Clarkson. Make him get his game back in the AHL and maybe someone claims him on re-entry. If he's not going to play at a NHL level, let him decide if that signing bonus is worth riding around on buses for the next few seasons. He has a M-NTC; not a NMC.

Tyutin probably still has some value around the league so not sure we need to go there.

Good luck to #4 in Arizona. It's a team a can actually stand.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Coyotes fan here. Can anyone give a scouting report on him and his usage?

Zarathustra

This is not my hat.
Nov 21, 2007
Salzburg
I'll be honest, I've been thinking for a while that's what we need to do with Clarkson. Make him get his game back in the AHL and maybe someone claims him on re-entry. If he's not going to play at a NHL level, let him decide if that signing bonus is worth riding around on buses for the next few seasons. He has a M-NTC; not a NMC.

Tyutin probably still has some value around the league so not sure we need to go there.

What's the difference between a M-NTC and a NMC. I was under the impression we couldn't waive him, and the best chance we have of getting rid of him was through an expansion draft.

Granted, if he stays on IR, we come out ahead on the trade from a financial standpoint, as long as his contract is insured, which, I'm not sure if it is or isn't.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
What's the difference between a M-NTC and a NMC. I was under the impression we couldn't waive him, and the best chance we have of getting rid of him was through an expansion draft.

Non-movement clause is the NMC; you can't trade or place them on waivers. M-NTC is a modified NTC which is just a modified no-trade-clause. You should be able to place them on waivers, unless there is something in his contract that says otherwise (but I would think it would just be listed as a NMC). Perhaps I'm wrong in that there are L and M-NTC's, but I don't think so. In most cases those mean you can list teams you are willing to go to or that you can list teams you don't want to go to. With the new CBA there is even less benefit.

I don't think you would find much relief even if he stayed in LTIR the rest of his career. I don't think they salary bonus would be insured. If you can't insure the bonus, there is no point in insuring the contract. To give you an idea, he makes 7 million next season (and the following) - 5 million of that is a signing bonus.

Last edited:

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL

there's no re-entry waivers anymore

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014

Good theory, except he has a NMC. Cannot be put on waivers.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
If he is it's not my mistake.

M-NTC IR David Clarkson 31 RW NHL 5,500,000 7,000,000 7,000,000 4,750,000 3,250,000

http://www.capfriendly.com/?p=team-cap&team=Columbus Blue Jackets

Hartnell is the only player on the team I am aware of with a NMC.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/toronto-got-clarksons-contract/

Clarkson had to waive a no-movement clause to facilitate the trade and will be grateful for the fresh start.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...nd-his-buyout-proof-contract/article17783243/

Clarkson also has the benefit of a no-movement clause, so he cannot be sent to the minors, and a no-trade clause that allows him to dictate which 14 teams he can be traded to.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=755379

Clarkson had to waive a no-movement clause in his contract.

http://www.generalfanager.com/players/620

^Shows modified-NTC with a NMC

http://www.spotrac.com/nhl/columbus-blue-jackets/david-clarkson/

^Says the same thing.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Coyotes fan here. Can anyone give a scouting report on him and his usage?

Should be a 3rd pairing guy with perhaps some time on the 2nd-unit PP if you need help there.

He'll probably play limited minutes. Doesn't always make great plays in his own end, but those won't be too noticeable if he plays sheltered minutes on the 3rd pair.

Many CBJ fans would have preferred the team kept him as the #6/7 option. It ultimately didn't work out that way, obviously. He's not going to be a shutdown guy, but he can be a solid contributor at times.

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
When debating which of Connauton, Falk, Prout or Bodnarchuk should dumped first is like when all four tires on your car are shot and your mechanic is replacing all of them but you debate him because he started with the "best" one. All four will be replaced it doesn't matter which one is first.

cbjfaninmo

4 those about 2 rock
Mar 17, 2012
Lake of the Ozarks, MO
When debating which of Connauton, Falk, Prout or Bodnarchuk should dumped first is like when all four tires on your car are shot and your mechanic is replacing all of them but you debate him because he started with the "best" one. All four will be replaced it doesn't matter which one is first.

What if your mechanic's name is Jarmo? :D. Actually, I am fine with Connauton being gone. We need to continue to build the D for next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad