Waived: Connauton claimed by Arizona

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
Looks like we want to keep a stay at home guy for when we move Tyutin. That's the only way that makes sense.

If this was the silver lining, I'd be at peace with it

Two other things of note:
1. Prout - people would claim him because he knocked out Lucic. Probably Anaheim
2. Falk - everyone would confuse him with the Faulk from Carolina

:laugh::sarcasm:

Connauton is probably the best bet to clear going on that

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I was hoping it wouldn't be Connauton. I thought he played better under Torts than the other depth D.

Higgins is an interesting case. He played very well under Tortorella. We don't have a vacancy at forward, and it's unlikely we will next year either, but if by chance the club trades away several forwards and there's a vacancy, something likely could be worked out. I imagine the Canucks would retain just to lose his contract.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
And Prout remains. Now I am beginning to wonder what is going on.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Then I must admit to some confusion. I mean, about this specifically and beyond my normal state.

Does it really matter? He is one of many players who should have no future on this team. There are a lot of players, including him, who we could waive and I wouldn't care.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
I was hoping it wouldn't be Connauton. I thought he played better under Torts than the other depth D.

Higgins is an interesting case. He played very well under Tortorella. We don't have a vacancy at forward, and it's unlikely we will next year either, but if by chance the club trades away several forwards and there's a vacancy, something likely could be worked out. I imagine the Canucks would retain just to lose his contract.

I would play just about anyone on our team before going after Higgins.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Does it really matter? He is one of many players who should have no future on this team. There are a lot of players, including him, who we could waive and I wouldn't care.

Waive 'em all, let God sort 'em out, then? Just call up as many guys from LEM as we need now, irrespective of whether it's best for their development?

Connauton is, despite being just a "guy," IMO, clearly better than a couple other guys who didn't get waived. Is it wrong to wonder why they didn't instead? I mean, presuming we're going to continue to ice a team this season.

CBJSlash

Aug 13, 2003
The Bus
Visit site
A little more thought into it. Probably a sign JJ is not going anywhere. Probably a sign we think Werenski (the same skill set continuum) will probably be here next year. Probably a sign Tyutin will be trade (only reason we wouldn't move Falk). Probably a sign Torts thinks Falk and Prout are better for how he wants our bottom pair to play.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
what happened here? You guys waived a guy on a 4 game pt streak who is also leading the team in +/- by a big margin.

just numbers game?

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Connauton is, despite being just a "guy," IMO, clearly better than a couple other guys who didn't get waived. Is it wrong to wonder why they didn't instead? I mean, presuming we're going to continue to ice a team this season.

You can wonder, worry, and do whatever you want. Me, personally, I think it is pointless to do any of that for a player who hopefully wasn't going to be on our team next year.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
How many times has this team acquired a one year offensive wonder on defense, thought perhaps they caught lightning in a bottle, signed them to a two year deal at a nice salary bump and then the offense disappeared. Stralman? Nikitin? Clitsome? Now Connauton?

Last edited:

GoChill

Apr 19, 2007
Odd

With the Islanders losing Boychuk and Hamonic to injury its rumored they are looking for D help. With Connauton and Prout inexpensive RFA's and Falk an inexpensive UFA I would have thought we might have been able to flip one of them for a mid to late round pick. It will be interesting to see if the Islanders claim Connauton.

GoChill

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
:shakehead

I didn't think we were likely to keep him in any case, but keeping Prout and Falk on the roster? It'd make sense if they were actual improvements defensively, but... :shakehead

The Wheelchair

Jun 13, 2015
Ottawa
The +/- is a bit of a fluke, because I'm pretty sure he's the only D who plays on the PP and not the PK, but add me to the list of those who don't see the wisdom of waiving him while keeping both Prout and Falk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad