Conn Smythe Winner?

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Hedman right now without question. What a dominant performance by him these entire playoffs.

Another beast game.

Reactions: Lexus

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Hedman with goals and Heiskanen with overall points. Some historic stuff from these defensemen. Both of them really deserve it. Shame only one gets it.

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
Is this counting the round robin games?

Honestly, the round robin games are not that big of a deal. The SC champions play a different number of games every year. Even if this series goes to 7 they’ll have played the same number of games as St Lous last year, LA in 2014, and even Tampa in their own loss in 2015.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Honestly, the round robin games are not that big of a deal. The SC champions play a different number of games every year. Even if this series goes to 7 they’ll have played the same number of games as St Lous last year, LA in 2014, and even Tampa in their own loss in 2015.

I considered that, Tampa hasn't played that many games. The one argument I have is that the intensity and defense was probably weaker in the round robin games.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Heiskenen has been capital B bad this series, but okay.
Was insanely good in the 1st two defensively. 3rd one was a weaker one but still managed to score a goal and be +1 while lindell and Klingberg sank with -3.

I guess it just tells how good you are when thats your "weak" game :laugh:

Reactions: LAINEC

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Hedman with goals and Heiskanen with overall points. Some historic stuff from these defensemen. Both of them really deserve it. Shame only one gets it.

I don’t know if either gets it, as much as they both deserve it. Seems like the consensus among the media is Khudobin for Dallas and Point from Tampa.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
I don’t know if either gets it, as much as they both deserve it. Seems like the consensus among the media is Khudobin for Dallas and Point from Tampa.
Khudobin with his stats? Would be quite the thing. I'm having hard time seeing it. Not even Binnington won it.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Hedman pulled away a bit tonight on the TB front. I think he'll be hard to catch now. As good as Point and Kucherov have been, Hedman's having a legendary performance these playoffs.

Reactions: Lexus

Bozo Nicholson

5 Alarm Fire™
Jun 6, 2015
I'm starting to get a jinx vibe with the shift in this thread, think I'm gonna have to stay away for awhile.

Still gotta win 2 more.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
If the Lightning win (A lot of people picking Hedman because they don't want to pick between #Point and #Kucherov):
  1. Point
  2. Kucherov
  3. Hedman
  4. Vasilevskiy
  5. Stamkos [Why not?]

If the Stars win:
  1. Heiscannon
  2. Khudobin

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Hedman or Heiskanen, Khudobin if he puts together a few more lockdown games.

Spacey

Feb 2, 2015
Should be Hedman as of today, but the Conn Smythe voters tend to underrate defensemen.
I think 10 goals(or more) will be "the factor" for Hedman
For me he is the best player this playoff season whatever 0 goals or 10 he score.
Point or Kuch should solo win last games to reach Hedman.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
It’s difficult to argue against Hedman’s historic performance but I have to go with Point (assuming the Lightning win it all.) He’s leading all players in goals this postseason despite having missed two games and we’ve seen how badly the Bolts play without him. As amazing as Hedman is we’ve watched him go down for stretches with injuries in recent years; guys like McDonagh and Sergachev stepped up and the team hardly missed a beat. But despite having one of the very best forwards in the NHL in Kucherov, when Point goes down the team falls apart. That to me is the very definition of a Most Valuable Player.

That said I certainly wouldn’t argue strenuously against anyone who says Hedman deserves it. He’s been absolutely unreal at both ends of the ice and still has a shot at Coffey’s record. But as crazy as it sounds I think we’re actually a better team without Hedman than we are without Point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad