OT 19/3: Confirmed with Link: Space Jam 2 in Production

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I also say soda or coke (meaning Pepsi or Coca-Cola) and the only person I've ever personally heard call it pop was from Michigan.

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC
Cocktail. 80-90% of my carbonated beverages these days have bourbon in them.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
I going to the store, anyone want a pop?

44324-gyPRLgif-Fjqw.gif

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
I was reading some Game of Thrones forum, and I've come to the conclusion that I'm the only person on the planet that finds the Bran storyline boring.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Yeah, Tywin's the ****. That said with the recent events at Dragonstone I'm really looking forward to Stannis' role in S4.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Where is HF02? Sorry for calling you a lovely lady that one time!

Stupid Brett keeps getting shot. Don't bleed too much, the carpet is ****** enough.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I woke up to a nose bleed around 2:30 in the morning with this phrase in my head. What is the advice that should be given?

I will have you know sir/madam, I am a successful nightclub impresario who is also friends with the mayor. If you wish to shake your grove thang anywhere in this fine city in the near future I suggest you take my advice and 'x'.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
It was much worse during Vancouver riot. But much less politic, so there is so a lot more talking about Kiev.

I can assure you from an American standpoint, there is no talking about Kiev. It's nowhere on the CNN frontpage at the moment (for example).

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
I can assure you from an American standpoint, there is no talking about Kiev. It's nowhere on the CNN frontpage at the moment (for example).

Ya, I hadn't heard anything about this until I saw it on here. Crazy to think I got more news from a hockey forum than from the morning news...

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Ya, I hadn't heard anything about this until I saw it on here. Crazy to think I got more news from a hockey forum than from the morning news...

I'm thinking that if the protestors can hang on until the Olympics, they might get American coverage. A revolt/mass protest in a country neighboring Russia may be too good to pass up. Ukrainian athletes and fans will also probably be able to bring the issue directly to reporters as politics and the Olympics are clearly intertwined.

What's weird is that there seems to be guys hanging on to the Soviet ways in Eastern Europe, but where's the remnants of Cold War mentality in the western media? If this were the 80's, I have a feeling this would have gotten play.

infographic on what some of the new laws in Ukraine are that went in effect a few hours ago (kicking off this recent activity):
1ZXXtKn.jpg

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009

That's because traditional news outlets in this country stink. Both televised and online, and don't even get me started on print.

http://www.newsy.com/

You don't get anything in depth and the announcers are annoying as hell, the whole concept is based on short attention spans, but at least you get a starting point for what's going on in the world. I've been hearing about the protest in the Ukraine for weeks. It's not anything new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad