Aug 9, 2005
Just stopping by to look around....

Long time no posting for me.....

I've been a bad fan.

Nice to see that the 19/3 lives!

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
So I have an outline for my brief due tomorrow at ten. Tonight? Watch hockey/play Crusader Kings 2/spew out some crap at the 11th hour.

Solid plan, I think.

Steve Yzerman

A New Season Begins
Mar 11, 2013
Mississauga
6Lwom.png

I've got to say, this is pretty awesome.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
given the timing of the avatar change, I'm figuring you've seen the new Sonic Boom trailer.

What do you think about it?

Thank based Yzerman that someone other than Sonic Team is being given the project. Genesis era Sonic Team, of course did a great job, but how many years has Sega allowed them to drag their flagship franchise through the mud? 15 years?

I preferred the classic Sonic design to the one they had been using the past bunch of years, but I'd prefer better games overall which they clearly hadn't been producing.

The newly designed characters eyes at least in the video above freak me out a bit. It embeds to a trailer for an attached tv series where it's not an issue.

Knuckles as a big guy is a bit of a change though. I'm interested in what his characterization will be. Ever since he became bros with Sonic he became a benched hero which makes him pretty much pointless. I sort of see him in the Sonic 3/Sonic and Knuckles era where he came across to me as more of a roguish type, which he still might be. Somebody's got to be according to the Ninja Turtle template.

Sonic=Leonardo
Knuckles=Raphael
Tails=Donatello
Amy=Michelangelo

Last edited:

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
Hahahah, nah, not to be a buzzkill, but I use that avatar elsewhere online (including my Twitter, which I guess only gets a workout during baseball season apparently) and was just tired of looking at Pavel Brendl. That was from when I joined a year ago and was on a huge NHL 2004 kick of winning games with nothing but busts and disappointing players (this team included old Lightning flameouts Nikita Alexeev and Alex Svitov). It was also of a player who was, at the time, in a Flyers uniform, and I think I fit right in with the rest of us when I talk about having no love lost for the Flyers; Philadelphia, really, given all those Tampa-Philadelphia playoff meetings in hockey and football (and also Rays-Phillies in the 2008 World Series, but I'm not a Rays fan).

When it comes to Sonic, I'm about as stuck to S1, S2, S3, and S3&K as it gets. Sometimes I play Sonic Spinball. There is a wonderful website - Vizzed, that has all these games and various hacks (which is how I got this avatar; try Knuckles on the Doomsday Zone on regular S3&K, and you'll just get a glitched Knuckles). Came across that site a couple of years ago and it was nice to be brought back to a favorite childhood game of mine (I'm between 20-25; that's about as much of a clue as my age as I ever give online, and flashback 12 years when Sonic 1 came out, and it makes perfect sense that I would be the quintessential Sonic fan).

My brothers and I all had those first four Sonic games along with Spinball on an old Genesis, but we never went beyond that, and I went a long time not playing the games, either. So, as far as the story of Sonic is concerned, I never really followed along with it.

--

tl;dr - can't really give an informed response to that video and post, sorry buddy :dunno:.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
given the timing of the avatar change, I'm figuring you've seen the new Sonic Boom trailer.

What do you think about it?

Thank based Yzerman that someone other than Sonic Team is being given the project. Genesis era Sonic Team, of course did a great job, but how many years has Sega allowed them to drag their flagship franchise through the mud? 15 years?

I preferred the classic Sonic design to the one they had been using the past bunch of years, but I'd prefer better games overall which they clearly hadn't been producing.

The newly designed characters eyes at least in the video above freak me out a bit. It embeds to a trailer for an attached tv series where it's not an issue.

Knuckles as a big guy is a bit of a change though. I'm interested in what his characterization will be. Ever since he became bros with Sonic he became a benched hero which makes him pretty much pointless. I sort of see him in the Sonic 3/Sonic and Knuckles era where he came across to me as more of a roguish type, which he still might be. Somebody's got to be according to the Ninja Turtle template.

Sonic=Leonardo
Knuckles=Raphael
Tails=Donatello
Amy=Michelangelo

Hmm. I used to love Sonic growing up. Played it on the old Sega, then the Gamecube as I got a little older. I thought Heros and Adventure were pretty good. The originals on the Sega were great as well. I thought the trailer was pretty meh.

Let the franchise die. It had a great run.

I'm kinda on the fence about Knuckles redesign though. I think I like it.

uqywBQD.jpeg

ctii said:
**** Don't Starve. Pour hours into that game only to die stupidly. Made it to day 27. Winter sucks.

Day 43 now if anyone cares. Made it through my first winter. Proud of myself <3

Last edited:

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
Knuckles just, gah, doesn't look right at ALL to me in that picture. But I can't possibly be expected to be impartial or really even open-minded on that. If it doesn't look like the Knuckles that I can glide through Angel Island with, it's going to get a negative response from me.

When it comes to stuff I like, progress and I mix about as well as oil and water do.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
I have this 2011-2012 Tampa Bay Lightning roster that I got from a Buffalo game a couple years back that I keep on my corkboard; it's a rarity that I see a hockey game live. Seen 3 ever, 2 of which the Lightning played in. Crazy the amount of turnover we've had in just 2 years.

Brewer
Vinny
Clark
Pyatt
Malone

Kuby
Connolly
Teddy
Hall
Moore
Ritola
Shannon
Marty
Gervais
Roloson
Garon
Thompson
MAB
Blair Jones
Hedman
Stamkos

Gilroy

8 out of 23 are still with the team. Also, that defense tho.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I am going to say watching woman's hockey is one thing but curling? Can we just mix curling with the biathlon already?

I would be all for say mountain climbing? Ice climbing type of even that might be cool teams or individuals but CURLING?

Maybe do like a luge run shoot the rock from a cannon make the curlers be like dodge ball?

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
I am going to say watching woman's hockey is one thing but curling? Can we just mix curling with the biathlon already?

I would be all for say mountain climbing? Ice climbing type of even that might be cool teams or individuals but CURLING?

Maybe do like a luge run shoot the rock from a cannon make the curlers be like dodge ball?

I haven't figured out if people pretend to like curling to be funny, or if people actually like it.

This thread

|
v

Last edited:

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Needs to burn. Set it ablaze.

I suggest a marriage-related title, as to commemorate FP denying my hand in marriage. The burning fire will represent my forever-enduring passion for him. This thread is on fire, with passionate love.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad