Condon Goal Allowed From Opposing Blueline

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Big surprise

This will likely be the softy of the year. That center ice lob that beat Scott Darling last year against the Rangers was the softy of the year, and this one was worse than that. The Darling one was from center ice. This one was from the opponents blue line.

And Condon has already been a candidate for the worst goalie (the absolute WORST) in the league, which goes under the radar and will get blamed on Ottawa's defense because it's poor.

Condon has been in the league 4 years and has just one average season and the rest are crap.

Reactions: Dialamo

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This is the worst goal I think I've ever seen honestly. Not bouncing, literally no reason for it to have gotten through.

I seriously can't think of one worse than that.
Toskala let in one from the opponents goal line about a decade ago. It was bouncing a bit, but that's still the worst I've seen. At least in the modern era, where goalies are dressed like robots.

Reactions: Tage2Tuch

Avsavsavsavsavs

Nov 30, 2017
I let in a goal from literally that exact spot when I was fifteen in a tournament in chase, BC. Only it was a slap shot I put my blocker out to the right side and the puck deflected off the blocker into the net, (changed direction and went into the net curved) ....obviously I should of stood in front of it with my chest and it was the worst goal I ever gave up and I was bugged for years about that but after awhile I started joking about it when the pain leave.....those ones sting man. So embarrassing.

Feel bad for the guy as he was pulled after, I wasn’t and at least was allowed to finish the game which was a 5-2 loss. I can o oh imagine how much worse it would be in the NHL and now his confidence drops big time because you never won’t your last shot in a game to he something like that.

These things haunt you, it’s may be funny as a fan but I always have a source of empathy in me when these things happen because of that experience. It was the exact spot to the right of the blue line and everything.

Same thing here, happened when I was 12, wasn't a tournament though. Nearly the same spot as this one, little sinker of a slap shot, could've easily gotten in front of it but instead I tried to just play it off my stick and pass it out of the zone like I've seen Roy do 200 times. So embarrassing, played goalie my entire life and that's one of the very few that sticks out to me and comes into my mind every so often. Laughed at first as an Avs fan but when it pans to him sitting in the net as he's waiting for Anderson the feels start to hit. Tommy Salo never recovered after that stinker, it's even worse to let one of these in as a backup.

Reactions: Maelmoor

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Tying the game up would have been a possibility up until this goal happened. Dude is brutal. Time to bring up Hogberg or Gustavsson.
LOVE the username!:clap::clap::clap::clap:

The second goal he allowed was also a BAD goal.

If I'm him, I'm showing everyone highlights of the Bruins/Canes game and Darling's soft goal hat trick, to try and make his teammates and coaching staff forget about his game tonight.

Elitersson

Unregistered User
Feb 22, 2016
Toskala let in one from the opponents goal line about a decade ago. It was bouncing a bit, but that's still the worst I've seen. At least in the modern era, where goalies are dressed like robots.

I remember that one, I think this one is worse. At least on Toskala's the puck was hopping around

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
LOVE the username!:clap::clap::clap::clap:

The second goal he allowed was also a BAD goal.

If I'm him, I'm showing everyone highlights of the Bruins/Canes game and Darling's soft goal hat trick, to try and make his teammates and coaching staff forget about his game tonight.

the first one wasn't great either. his first start was against Boston. he let in 5 and 4 of those were not great. He's been awful and he lacks confidence. I don't know how he comes back from this. As a Sens fan, I hope he doesn't come back from this but I do feel for the guy

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
You know. I feel a lot of these long distance goals create a shit show for the goalie but a lot of the time there's a crazy ass bounce and you can almost justify it. The 200 foot goal on Toskala? Bounced like a super bouncy ball at the last second etc.

This? This was not one of those goals.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I watched Mike Condon over the entire 2015/16 season when he became the Habs' starter, replacing injured Carey Price. This mega-gaffe isn't surprising. Aside from his excellent glove hand (baseball background, I think), he's otherwise not an NHL-calibre goalie. His footwork is terrible, rebound control non-existent, positioning poor. He's been coached to a level of occasional competence; expecting more is a recipe for disappointment.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Man, brutal for a guy like Condon at this point in his career. If he's a legitimate NHL goalie this stings, but a guy could brush it off easily enough. He's gotta be on thin-ice in terms of belonging on an NHL roster and this is just getting to "nail in the coffin" territory.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Stepan was almost on the bench when that went in then came back laughing like he stole Condon’s lunch.

Last edited:

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
Is it possible you would see more goalies embarrassed if more players would shoot a bouncy, bouncy at the goalie instead of trying the wraparound? It just seems to me more goalies have gotten better at stick handling and it seems like this could be a way of keeping them more "honest". I remember years ago Cory Stillman faked a wraparound and the goalie bit and let in one from center ice.

Are there any players that make it a habit of shooting a knuckle puck right on goal? I don't play hockey so could someone enlighten me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad