Condon Goal Allowed From Opposing Blueline

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
What I found crazy, is with Toskalol and Bernier, played and was given a chances after that.
Condon was one bad game, against a hot team, and he's done with the Sens?!

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place
What I found crazy, is with Toskalol and Bernier, played and was given a chances after that.
was it Tkarski who gave up that 200 footer against the isles?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
stoppable is one way of looking at it. two were redirects and although they are difficult neither would have been a 10 bell save. I remember rask stopping a redirect in that game. you see it, it's a nice save and it could have gone in but it doesn't make the highlight reel either. Condon let in two like that. imo both of the ones I am thinking of happened because he over committed on the initial shot, he isn't a quiet goalie that moves efficiently. anyway doesn't matter. I hope we've seen the last of him
I usually don't count many redirects as stoppable when I do my reviews, but there are some that look like they should have been stopped and I will nail the goalie on it. Like a very soft tip that just gets pushed through the goalie's 5-hole from a bit of distance. I nailed Keith Kinkaid on one of those a year or two ago and caught hell for it. I also seem to catch heat for nailing a goalie on a short side high to the glove side goal, which I feel is sometimes stoppable, even if not terrible.

I think there are some redirects that are stopped and we don't even notice them. I remember noticing Cory Schneider (when he was still good) would stop some redirects that would go under the radar.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Do you always take what you read at face value ?

I know a president who would love you...
Haha I know he wouldn't love me, unless you don't want me to take that at face value either?:laugh:

I've just always hated the ''You can't do any better'' argument when it comes to critiquing athletes (or even politicians or actors, etc) and on a sports related forum no less. It's always a pet peeve, even if that wasn't supposed to be serious.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
The worst Bernier goal, was Ron Hainsey's GWG which was basically a bank shot off two boards and his skate.
Truly was just a dump in.

The worst Toskala goal was one of the 5 he let in against Buffalo, where he caught Lydman's shot, and more or less
threw it with his catching glove into the net. He never regained his form in ANY league.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
...and the only GA, in a Leafs win.

So?

Did it look like I was making fun of toskala? I wasnt, and don’t really care if the leafs won a regular season game against the islanders around ten years ago man, lol it’s just weird you felt you had to respond with that unless You were just adding a random fact.

There was nothing worthy of bragging about in those days for Toronto

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
So?

Did it look like I was making fun of toskala? I wasnt, and don’t really care if the leafs won a regular season game against the islanders around ten years ago man, lol it’s just weird you felt you had to respond with that unless You were just adding a random fact.

There was nothing worthy of bragging about in those days for Toronto

so the lol was there for?...

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
so the lol was there for?...

Wow, you really are defensive eh, i put lol all the time, even twice in the post talking to you to imply I’m not even serious. It’s off your singeling me out when people in here are ripping on goalies letting in these goals and I was the one who said I feel sorry for them.

Not that I need to explain this to you but I even came out in this thread about how I let in a goal like this and have empathy for all goalies, so you don’t need to defend a leafs goalie ten years ago for letting in an awful goal. I didn’t say a thing about it in that sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->