Injury Report: Community Injury Thread

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
One the one hand I feel sorry for Riikola, the way he's been treated by this organization. OTOH, he gets paid a million bucks to sit around and do nothing, so he doesn't need anyone's pity. He's got the easiest job in the NHL.

Able to expertly rank nachos from all venues in the Mass Mutual East Division.

Reactions: HandshakeLine

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
Ugh, week to week for Math? Sounds like a broken cheek or orbital?? Argh.

That is what I think also. Is that something that can be played with wearing a proper type of helmet? Because we know it won't be healed in 2 weeks when the playoffs start. I was really hoping we could go in with our full lineup. Our team has been on another level ever since these 3 pairings have been formed.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Ugh, week to week for Math? Sounds like a broken cheek or orbital?? Argh.

A buddy of mine broke his orbital 2 weeks before an MMA match and he was out for 4-5 weeks post surgery to fix it. Granted, I hope Matheson isn't going to be eating straight rights in a game, so hopefully he's not out that long.

I honestly don't know what's worse-- a broken orbital/cheek or a broken jaw.

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
I missed that game. Did he get hit with the puck or punched in the face?
Matheson got struck in the face (cheek?) by the puck in a clearing attempt by Jarry.
Jarry got punched in the facemask by Raffl (no call) as Raffl skated across the crease in puck pursuit.

Fogel

Analytics please
May 10, 2010
PA
5/6 Pre-game edit, likely my final regular season one: Desmith on

PLAYERTYPE OF INJURYDURATIONSTATUSUPDATED
Brandon TanevUBI 4/3day to dayLTIR retro 4/3, full contact with team 5/65/6/21
Evan RodriguesLBI 4/29day to daycontinuing rehab off ice5/6/21
Mike MathesonUBI 5/1week to weekskated on own with skills coach 5/65/6/21
Casey DesmithLBI 5/3week to weekcontinuing rehab off ice5/6/21
[TBODY]

[/TBODY]

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Giskard

Jun 20, 2008
Alps
TBF you can cover Erod’s absence a lot more easily than Matheson’s, so they’ll probably use the extra few weeks to see if they can rest his foot a bit. No sense drugging the dude up just to skate in practices just yet.
I won't be shocked to see Matheson in the line up by game-1 with an helmet cage.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I won't be shocked to see Matheson in the line up by game-1 with an helmet cage.

I wouldn't either, but I'm assuming he has a fractured orbital bone instead of a jaw-- especially because it'll be close to the 3 weeks or so doctors recommend before resuming regular activity when playoffs start.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Both our goalies hurt going into the playoffs. That's such a Penguins thing to happen. Do we have another Matt Murray in the minors we can call up to be the starter? ;)

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Sully remembered that goalie injuries were part of the formula for Cup wins in 2016 and 2017, so he gave Jarry a break and called it an injury, the cheater. :)
Anyway, he apparently claimed that both Jarry and CdS will be back for the start of the playoffs, so we can step back from the ledge for now.

MarioBros83

Oct 31, 2015
Finland
Jarry did get hit by a puck at least two times last night. They weren't soft shots either, you could clearly hear the bang.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad