Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
No Tanev tomorrow.

giphy.gif

Giskard

Jun 20, 2008
Alps
No Tanev tomorrow.
As expected, I don't think we have enough cap space to activate Tanev before season end. He was immediately put on LTIR retroactively when Geno returned, to cover for the cap. And maybe this means that Matheson will not be out long enough to cover for the LTIR requirements (I don't remember if they still counts in the post season too).

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Yeah, it'll be Boston. Prepare yourself. My, you're deathly afraid of them aren't you?
Naw not afraid but I just find Bruins games SO BORING!!!!! and you gotta deal with that idiot announcer guy of theirs. That last game we played them they were taking runs every chance they get and seemed like we pissed them off so they were trying to take out the entire team, it was disgusting to watch so had to turn that crap off. Nothing tough about that crap.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Naw not afraid but I just find Bruins games SO BORING!!!!! and you gotta deal with that idiot announcer guy of theirs. That last game we played them they were taking runs every chance they get and seemed like we pissed them off so they were trying to take out the entire team, it was disgusting to watch so had to turn that crap off. Nothing tough about that crap.
Here's the thing, we're not gonna be surprised by what they throw out there against us. 2013 was very different. We owned them in the regular season. Heck I believe we beat them soundly late in the year in Boston WITHOUT Sid and Geno. Bylsma made no adjustments. And we got swept. I don't think the same thing happens again. And they don't have Chara now to harass Geno.

You think about that now. Think about it.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Here's the thing, we're not gonna be surprised by what they throw out there against us. 2013 was very different. We owned them in the regular season. Heck I believe we beat them soundly late in the year in Boston WITHOUT Sid and Geno. Bylsma made no adjustments. And we got swept. I don't think the same thing happens again. And they don't have Chara now to harass Geno.

We will see what happens.

Victor Z

Trade me right f**king now!
Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh

As we are all aware, The Penguins' current coach is REAL big on making necessary adjustments to things. :huh:

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

Did we forget the 2019 Islanders series or something?

And no, I'm not advocating for Bylsma. The guy is a tool and will forever remain a tool. I just don't think we should be whitewashing some of the embarrassing efforts under Sullivan, including a sweep in which very little "adjustments" were made.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

And no, I'm not advocating for Bylsma. The guy is a tool and will forever remain a tool. I just don't think we should be whitewashing some of the embarrassing efforts under Sullivan, including a sweep in which very little "adjustments" were made.

We made a ton of adjustments in 2019. The team was just stale. 2020 was the one with no adjustments.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
As we are all aware, The Penguins' current coach is REAL big on making necessary adjustments to things. :huh:
No no, there's a difference here, k. What happened in 2013 was a big surprise. We had no idea what the Bruins would throw at us in the playoffs. It was very different than what we experienced in the regular season. THIS time we know exactly what we're getting. My point is, the adjustments if any that are needed are far less. They also don't have Chara (closer to his prime) patrolling their blue line.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017

And we've played MUCH better against the Isles since. And this team is much deeper than that team.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
Both our goalies hurt going into the playoffs. That's such a Penguins thing to happen. Do we have another Matt Murray in the minors we can call up to be the starter? ;)

They should be fine for the playoffs. The team just needed to complete the trifecta. First 5 of top 6 defensman out. Then the team has 5 of the top 9 forwards out. Now both goalies out. We can now say ever position has been completely decimated at some point this year. How we are still in 1st place with all that is pretty amazing. Not only 1st place but the highest scoring team in the NHL with 195 goals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad