Injury Report: Community Injury Thread

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
PP1 might try to shoot instead of passing the puck into the net.

Seriously, either the real Geno shows up or we look even more hopeless in attack.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The Riikola thing is kinda funny because Riikola has been a full practice participant for over a week now. A bunch of accounts (Getzoff, Rorabaugh and Pens Inside Scoop) tweeted out that Riikola practice with the team in full capacity on February 22nd, and I don't recall ever seeing a guy staying on LTIR for that long after being cleared for contact practice.

Seems kinda obvious that they're stalling with taking him off LTIR because they need that extra forward slot.

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014

200 (5).gif

Reactions: FunkySeeFunkyDo

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
so if no one else on the team is in C-19 protocol it logically means that Crosby is in the protocol because of contact with someone else outside of the team.

meaning. it doesn't mean he has C-19 because if he did everyone on the team he was in contact with would be on the list, right?

oh and as a complete aside. I dunno how the NHL can rely on rapid tests. (maybe they don't?) as someone who had a brush with a positive person, actually more of I was in a locker room with him for 20 minutes right beside him. I researched this because I wanted to get a test and make sure I was negative (this being 11 days after my last contact with the person).
This is just the first one I found on google. But basically I'm hearing the rapid test is very inaccurate. In fact the C-19 positive person on my team got a rapid test when he had symptoms and it was negative, the lab test though came back positive.

A Rapid Virus Test Falters in People Without Symptoms, Study Finds

it detected only 32 percent of the positive cases identified by the P.C.R. test.

so just makes me wonder if any of the pro sports teams are relying on the rapid test or not...

Fogel

Analytics please
May 10, 2010
PA
McCann off, Jankowski and Crosby (COVID) on, updates on Dumo/Riikola/Rodrigues

PLAYERTYPE OF INJURYDURATIONSTATUSUPDATED
Juuso RiikolaUBI 1/19day to day"Getting closer, planned on skating with game group", has been participating in full practices 3/2/21
Evan RodriguesLBI 1/24week to weekSkated with taxi squad 3/23/2/21
Brian DumoulinLBI 1/26week to weekSkated with taxi squad 3/23/2/21
Jason ZuckerLBI 2/23"longer term"Being evaluated in Pittsburgh, IR retro 2/232/25/21
Mark JankowskiUnknown 3/2day to daySkated on his own 3/2, not available tonight3/2/21
Sidney CrosbyCOVID 3/2days to 2 weeksNot available tonight, on COVID protoccol list 3/23/2/21
[TBODY]

[/TBODY]

Reactions: dogthateats

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
so if no one else on the team is in C-19 protocol it logically means that Crosby is in the protocol because of contact with someone else outside of the team.

meaning. it doesn't mean he has C-19 because if he did everyone on the team he was in contact with would be on the list, right?

oh and as a complete aside. I dunno how the NHL can rely on rapid tests. (maybe they don't?) as someone who had a brush with a positive person, actually more of I was in a locker room with him for 20 minutes right beside him. I researched this because I wanted to get a test and make sure I was negative (this being 11 days after my last contact with the person).
This is just the first one I found on google. But basically I'm hearing the rapid test is very inaccurate. In fact the C-19 positive person on my team got a rapid test when he had symptoms and it was negative, the lab test though came back positive.

A Rapid Virus Test Falters in People Without Symptoms, Study Finds

so just makes me wonder if any of the pro sports teams are relying on the rapid test or not...
Correct. Being on the list does not mean he has it. Marino was on the list for a couple days a while back. And what they'll do now is use a couple more PCR tests to get Crosby cleared but that will take time.

Reactions: vikingGoalie

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Correct. Being on the list does not mean he has it. Marino was on the list for a couple days a while back. And what they'll do now is use a couple more PCR tests to get Crosby cleared but that will take time.
I believe its 3 consecutive negative tests to be removed.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
So looks like POJ is going back to the practice squad sooner than later, and Hextall needs to do something with the defense ASAP.

If Sullivan is comfortable with Friedman on LD, I wonder if that basically spells the end for Riikola in Pittsburgh.

Reactions: KIRK

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Crazy that we have almost $4 million owed to Riikola & Ruhwedel for this year and next. Not a cap issue since they can be buried in the AHL, but if I’m signing the checks I’m not thrilled with that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad