Injury Report: Community Injury Thread

Sideline

May 23, 2004
Crazy that we have almost $4 million owed to Riikola & Ruhwedel for this year and next. Not a cap issue since they can be buried in the AHL, but if I’m signing the checks I’m not thrilled with that.

I don't hate those contracts. If you make a deep run in the playoffs it's not uncommon to need 10 guys that can play NHL level defense. If I was Ottawa and not going to win anything then I wouldn't pay the premium for depth.

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
Crazy that we have almost $4 million owed to Riikola & Ruhwedel for this year and next. Not a cap issue since they can be buried in the AHL, but if I’m signing the checks I’m not thrilled with that.
Remember when the only had 5 D because they got Spaling in the Kessel trade? I’m sure the owners think this 37x better. Plus they might like it if we turn some of these D into a nice W or C.

Reactions: Jacob and ncm7772

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
so Sid gets another test today then tomorrow , if negative he could be playing tomorrow night

Is that the rule?

If that's how it almost assuredly will play out, then I don't get using GMR at practice. Use a placeholder.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Dont jinx GMR. Don't even look at GMR. Just silently pray it continues.

Bq87.gif

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I don't hate those contracts. If you make a deep run in the playoffs it's not uncommon to need 10 guys that can play NHL level defense. If I was Ottawa and not going to win anything then I wouldn't pay the premium for depth.
Depth is good I just don’t think #7s and #8s need multi-year, 7 figure, multi-year deals especially when we had to shed real payroll by a few million per ownership.

That + paying Bjugstad and Johnson to not play for us is the kinda thing that probably contributed to ownership taking some slack out of JR’s leash.

Reactions: Shady Machine

Sideline

May 23, 2004
Depth is good I just don’t think #7s and #8s need multi-year, 7 figure, multi-year deals especially when we had to shed real payroll by a few million per ownership.

That + paying Bjugstad and Johnson to not play for us is the kinda thing that probably contributed to ownership taking some slack out of JR’s leash.
JJ alone was a firing offense.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Here's to hoping Sid doesn't have any lingering effects of Covid like Ristolainen had. Say what you will about the guy as a player, but he's pretty well regarded as one of the topmost fitness freaks in the NHL. Said he basically couldn't even shower or walk a flight of stairs without feeling like he would pass out.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Remember when the only had 5 D because they got Spaling in the Kessel trade? I’m sure the owners think this 37x better. Plus they might like it if we turn some of these D into a nice W or C.

Honest question, when was the last time anyone converted an NHL D to wing successfully? Wingers have gone to D (Byfuglin), but I don't really remember someone who successfully made the jump the other way.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Here's to hoping Sid doesn't have any lingering effects of Covid like Ristolainen had. Say what you will about the guy as a player, but he's pretty well regarded as one of the topmost fitness freaks in the NHL. Said he basically couldn't even shower or walk a flight of stairs without feeling like he would pass out.

Did someone confirm Sid has COVID?

The lack of more players on the list suggests to me it was exposure to someone outside the team circle. Maybe someone he knows was exposed? Or someone somewhere he ate?

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I get your point, but IMO that's really quality depth when you have the ability to go nine or ten deep. You'd have to think at some point this season one of our rearguards will be moved to thin out the log jam (even ever so slightly).

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
Honest question, when was the last time anyone converted an NHL D to wing successfully? Wingers have gone to D (Byfuglin), but I don't really remember someone who successfully made the jump the other way.
Sorry, the English language is too flexible sometimes. I meant convert to mean trade.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
you do know if Sid caught COVID it will be the most complicated case of Covid ever

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
So looks like POJ is going back to the practice squad sooner than later, and Hextall needs to do something with the defense ASAP.

If Sullivan is comfortable with Friedman on LD, I wonder if that basically spells the end for Riikola in Pittsburgh.
POJ is already on the taxi squad.

StroShow

Dec 22, 2013
Vancouver

So with Anthony Angello, Josh Currie, and Drew O’Connor all being sent back to the Taxi Squad that means both Sid and Erod will be activated?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad