Post-Game Talk: Coming Home Up 3 Games To 1 - Jets 2 Wild 0

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
The media is annoying. No hard fought road victory by Jets. Nope we got to see Morrissey's face plastered everywhere and how the blown call cost them the game. There where plenty of blown calls that went their way.
Don't forget 55 taking out Parise, ending the Wilds chances. We probably broke Suter too.

McDLT

I'm a style boy for life
Mar 1, 2016
Calgary
People are just in a mood because we’re dominating the underdogs like it’s the first period of the game in mighty ducks 3.

Revolver

Mar 22, 2013
Winnipeg
This games Buff Smash
4omoN2h.gif
Great, clean hit. Buff doesn’t run guys like that POS Foligno. Buff is just coasting there. If he took a run at Greenway like Foligno did at Trouba, Buff would have put him through the boards!

Reactions: Evil Little

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Definitely should have been a penalty, no doubt about that. Morrissey has to have control of his stick, etc.. I don't think it was intentional at all nor do I think Morrissey tried to hurt Staal on that play. I think Morrissey was trying to defend a bigger man in Staal and with the way Staal was moving JoMo missjudged and instead of pushing/cross checking Staal's upper body he caught him up high. I think it would be a silly suspension but we'll see.

I'm not sure how you can suspend Morrissey for that play when Marchand was not suspended just two weeks ago after being hit, turning around and deliberately cross checking McDonald in the face............ :dunno:

One was a deliberate intent to injure and completely careless in my opinion (Marchand on MacDonald). The other was in the midst of a positional battle (Morrissey on Staal) on the type of play that literally happens 30 times a game, it just so happens it got Staal up high.

Last edited:

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
“My take is it’s the same take as everyone in the building saw,” fumed a crimson-faced coach Bruce Boudreau. “The refs saw it and decided not to call it because we were already on the power play. Cost us the game.”

The refs didn't make the call because it happened away from the play and nobody saw it. If the refs saw the Morrissey cross-check it would have been called, no question.

What I see.... I see a fine from the NHL coming Boudreau's way.

I loved it. He said "the refs saw it, no call, they only didn't want to call it because we were on the power play" and then later mentions that the refs said "they didn't see it".

Well, I'm no hockey genius, but it seems one of these two explanations is much more plausible as to why the play didn't result in a penalty.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Definitely should have been a penalty, no doubt about that. Morrissey has to have control of his stick, etc.. I don't think it was intentional at all nor do I think Morrissey tried to hurt Staal on that play. I think Morrissey was trying to defend a bigger man in Staal and with the way Staal was moving JoMo missjudged and instead of pushing/cross checking Staal's upper body he caught him up high. I think it would be a silly suspension but we'll see.

I'm not sure how you can suspend Morrissey for that play when Marchand was not suspended just two weeks ago after being hit, turning around and deliberately cross checking McDonald in the face............ :dunno:

One was deliberate and completely careless in my opinion (Marchand on MacDonald). The other was in the midst of a positional battle (Morrissey on Staal) on the type of play that literally happens 30 times a game, it just so happens it got Staal up high.

And if reputation matters for anything, as it should, well.. I don't know what the league rules are on referring to a player as the cheapest piece of sub-human shit that Satan could ever have scraped off his cloven hoof, so I have no comment at this time pending rule clarification.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Definitely should have been a penalty, no doubt about that. Morrissey has to have control of his stick, etc.. I don't think it was intentional at all nor do I think Morrissey tried to hurt Staal on that play. I think Morrissey was trying to defend a bigger man in Staal and with the way Staal was moving JoMo missjudged and instead of pushing/cross checking Staal's upper body and pushing him off the puck he caught him up high. I think it would be a silly suspension but we'll see.

I'm not sure how you can suspend Morrissey for that play when Marchand was not suspended just two weeks ago after being hit, turning around and deliberately cross checking MacDonald in the face............ :dunno:

One was deliberate and completely careless in my opinion (Marchand on MacDonald). The other was in the midst of a puck battle (Morrissey on Staal) on the type of play that literally happens 30 times a game, it just so happens it got Staal up high.

All good points except the part about the puck which was no where near the two of them. His shove / cross check was just fighting for space in the slot. Had the puck been there I don't see how the refs could have not called something.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
I couldn't join in the Hf debate during the game, I was way too nervous.

Dammit that was a clencher...

Soo good to get that win, so important.

Ugly game, but we handled them well.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
All good points except the part about the puck which was no where near the two of them. His shove / cross check was just fighting for space in the slot. Had the puck been there I don't see how the refs could have not called something.

Already edited it, meant to say positional battle.

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
Listening to Bruce complain has brought me so much joy.

Suck it wild.

That said, Josh did deserve 2min for the cross check but if we want to retroactively watch every NHL game start to finish there has been a boatload of calls every single game that are missed.

Someone should inform Bruce his team actually needs to score to win a hockey game.

The wild have been soundly outplayed 5vs5 all series.

The irony of someone calling us the "Ducks" while we are playing against Boudreau shouldnt be lost on the wild fans but is it seems.

Frankly, after watching Boudreau direct his team into the late game 2 shenanigans I have zero sympathy for any wild fan.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
I loved it. He said "the refs saw it, no call, they only didn't want to call it because we were on the power play" and then later mentions that the refs said "they didn't see it".

Well, I'm no hockey genius, but it seems one of these two explanations is much more plausible as to why the play didn't result in a penalty.

They saw it but let it go because Jets were put on a 5-vs-3 on pretty shaky grounds in the previous game that cost them the game. They didn't want to do it again.

Reactions: GNP

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
I got off early and saw the empty netter live on my phone on the bus home. Watched the full game when I got home.

Helly was amazing. Wild are gassed and we're heading home to close out the series.

GO JETS GO!!!!!!!!!!

ulf

Sep 21, 2002
sandy hook
Visit site
Worse case....Trouba needs to rest his brain from the hits taken, he looks dazed and confused.
Morrissey. ...gets a game or 2
Myers can't go
Enstrom not Ready
Kulikov not ready.

Morrow...Buff
Charoit....Poolman
Niku...not sure ouch

aj8000

Jun 5, 2010
Honestly how do the Jets score on a powerplay when the Wild just stand all 5 of their players in front of Dubnyk.

Every shot just get blocked.
It is because they can only legally stand four players in front of Dubnyk during a Jets Power play and the refs can't count I guess.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Good showing from the boys. Everyone seemed to play well from what i could tell (didn't see the entire game). Ugly crosscheck by Morrissey, hope he doesn't get suspended but...damn was that ugly or what?

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Pmo had a nice response. We thought the refs missed some calls last game that we would have liked called. I really think the refs just didn't see it tbh, or they would've called it a penalty.
Yup. Myers missed at least one game for his Tony Harding job. Staal didn't even miss a shift.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Just heard the Boudreau whine fest. Wow. Last game his goon Foligno with a clear head shot on Trouba and also targets Myers knee knocking him out of the series, possibly the year. According to Boudreau in that case it is just guys just falling down. Last night yeah they missed the penalty, but their guy is back out on the next shift no problem and somehow according to Boudreau it cost them the game. Fakaff.

Last edited:

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
Just heard the Boudreau wine fest. Wow. Last game his goon Foligno with a clear head shot on Trouba and also targets Myers knee knocking him out of the series, possibly the year. According to Boudreau in that case it is just guys just falling down. Last night yeah they missed the penalty, but their guy is back out on the next shift no problem and somehow according to Boudreau it cost them the game. Fakaff.

Where is the Boudreau Wine Fest? I'd definitely go.

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
You knew the wild were doomed after that cringy start to the game lmao

I still don't get it --- the anthem singer calls out a challenge to Winnipeg fans by asks the Minny fans to sing the anthem, then proceeds to sing the entire anthem himself. What did that prove?!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad