Post-Game Talk: Coming Home Up 3 Games To 1 - Jets 2 Wild 0

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
I'd prefer Troubas ankle being a little sore and causing him play catch up, but he really did look dazed and confused at times. Let's end this in 5 and maybe get some off time for the knicked up.

To me it looks like Trouba’s problems have all been between the ears. He’s made some terrible passes and decisions. Almost looks like he’s panicking a little bit when under pressure.

Reactions: Robinson2187

brock0791

Jul 2, 2015
CF 27
CA 16
+11
CF 62.8%

The stats support my opinion. He must be doing something right. I'll take this every time.

BTW halfway through rewatching the game and my opinion hasn't changed. The Jets are actually playing better than I remember when I watched it live.

Your stats don't account for having JoMo with him 100% of the time and Sheif's line with him 80% of the time

Reactions: Jack722

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I think people are not being honest about Trouba's play. They are focussing on a few mistakes and not giving him enough credit for all the good steady plays he has made throughout the series.

GM 1 - CF 65.1%
GM 2 - CF 62.9%
GM 3 - CF 79.3%
GM 4 - CF 62.8%

Total

CF 100
CA 45

CF 69.0%

How should we expect any player to be better than this?

Saidin

Mar 18, 2015
I think people are not being honest about Trouba's play. They are focussing on a few mistakes and not giving him enough credit for all the good steady plays he has made throughout the series.

GM 1 - CF 65.1%
GM 2 - CF 62.9%
GM 3 - CF 79.3%
GM 4 - CF 62.8%

Total

CF 100
CA 45

CF 69.0%

People remember the bad but not the good.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

GM 1 - CF 65.1%
GM 2 - CF 62.9%
GM 3 - CF 79.3%
GM 4 - CF 62.8%

Total

CF 100
CA 45

CF 69.0%

Trouba has been playing quite well for the most part. He has been a bit off with his passing and puck management though. Both of which I expect to tighten up the more he plays.

Reactions: YWGinYYZ

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Trouba has been playing quite well for the most part. He has been a bit off with his passing and puck management though. Both of which I expect to tighten up the more he plays.

He has made some mistakes/strange plays but he has not been playing poorly

Last edited:

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
People preach not punishing based on result but the action, until it's their own player who's in danger to get suspended.

Everyone defending the crosscheck is being ridiculous. If a Jet was hit like that this board would love to see the culprits head on a spike.

"Not intentional". Blaa blaa. A player is responsible for his stick.

I hate the double standard when it comes to our guy doing something illegal vs. their guy doing something illegal.
I didn't defend it.......it was a missed penalty.
Who defended it? I want names dammit :sarcasm:
Settle down.:naughty:

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
I was looking through the LA Kings forum to see some comments after they were elimated by Vegas and came across this gem:

I still just don't see it. They're a really, really good team. Obviously so since they just spanked the Kings but I can't see them getting by San Jose or Nashville still. San Jose and Nashville have elite speed to keep up with or even out skate Vegas. And both teams can really score and will punish Vegas on the power play. Of course San Jose isn't as good defensively as the Kings but they can really score. And Nashville can do it all. I'd probably put it at 55-45 that San Jose beats them and 60-40 that Nashville beats them.

Apparently some people don't think the Jets have any chance of getting past Nashville. Only 3 points separated us at season's end and if we hadn't blown that one game against the Preds when we had a 5-3 lead with 10 minutes to go in the third period, it's quite possible the Jets would have finished first overall. Winnipeg is definitely the Rodney Dangerfield (get no respect) of the hockey world. I know the Jets haven't eliminated Minnesota yet as we still need one more win but Nashville is only up 2 games to 1 on Colorado. Oh well, I guess it's better to be overlooked and written off so that we can take them all by surprise.:naughty:

:jets

Reactions: sixty minute hockey

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Your stats don't account for having JoMo with him 100% of the time and Sheif's line with him 80% of the time

Yes, but have you seen how one line does with a subpar pair? Think Fefe's line would have as good as results they have if they had, say, Chiarot and Poolman instead of Mossey and Trouba?

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014

GM 1 - CF 65.1%
GM 2 - CF 62.9%
GM 3 - CF 79.3%
GM 4 - CF 62.8%

Total

CF 100
CA 45

CF 69.0%

I don't, I'm with you and defended him during the game. He made a few errors with the puck, some his fault, some not. People get hysterical about this stuff and can't see the forest through the trees.

The guy was a warrior last night and shut down some fine players.

Reactions: YWGinYYZ

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg

GM 1 - CF 65.1%
GM 2 - CF 62.9%
GM 3 - CF 79.3%
GM 4 - CF 62.8%

Total

CF 100
CA 45

CF 69.0%

Can we adjust those numbers for how shitty the opponent has played?

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg

GM 1 - CF 65.1%
GM 2 - CF 62.9%
GM 3 - CF 79.3%
GM 4 - CF 62.8%

Total

CF 100
CA 45

CF 69.0%

Away from the puck and in our own end he's been great which is most important. But he's definitely fighting the puck more than usual. He always kind of has.

He's definitely had a few whoops moments. I'm fine attributing that to shaking off rust for now.

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
Trouba can whiff on a few passes every now and then, fight the puck the odd time but he is absolutely one of the top Jets at skating the puck out of the zone, in fact you will usually see JoMo defer to him in many situations. He's one of the best at beating the forecheck by outskating it, he wheels around the net and shuts off the forechecker as well as anyone I've seen and his lateral movement rushing the puck is underrated, he's deceptive and strong on the puck.

He's very, very good.

Last edited:

Chewmasey

Jan 28, 2013
Winnipeg
I don't think Trouba's ankle is 100%. High ankle sprains take forever to heal. He does look a tad bit slower in his skating and he's still playing fairly good. I'd account some of the brainfarts to rust.

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
f*** I hope Buff lights Staal up on Friday.

I think this is going to galvanize the Jets. Their going to come out with a big chip.

Bring it on.

Reactions: Evil Little

sixty minute hockey

Feb 7, 2012
Manitoba
I was looking through the LA Kings forum to see some comments after they were elimated by Vegas and came across this gem:

Apparently some people don't think the Jets have any chance of getting past Nashville. Only 3 points separated us at season's end and if we hadn't blown that one game against the Preds when we had a 5-3 lead with 10 minutes to go in the third period, it's quite possible the Jets would have finished first overall. Winnipeg is definitely the Rodney Dangerfield (get no respect) of the hockey world. I know the Jets haven't eliminated Minnesota yet as we still need one more win but Nashville is only up 2 games to 1 on Colorado. Oh well, I guess it's better to be overlooked and written off so that we can take them all by surprise.:naughty:

I would just be glad that they even invited us to the second round of the playoffs if we make it :sarcasm: /s

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
A little critique of Trouba is deserved......this is not Mother Russia
Nobody is above criticism but some of the description of his play also deserve to be called out.

Nobody has censored anyone.

Reactions: ulf

TheJadePipe

Mar 8, 2016

GM 1 - CF 65.1%
GM 2 - CF 62.9%
GM 3 - CF 79.3%
GM 4 - CF 62.8%

Total

CF 100
CA 45

CF 69.0%

Agreed, I think he has been solid. Just like Buff, he has made a couple errors but overall has done more good than bad

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad