Post-Game Talk: Coming Home Up 3 Games To 1 - Jets 2 Wild 0

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Well, it's not like Morrissey just tripped up and Staal happened to be there, receiving a stick to the head. Morrissey looks up all the way until he hits him, so unless he has some serious hand-to-eye coordination problems, it wasn't exactly an accident.

What the **** is he targeting if not the head? Like...in what scenario does this not hit Staal in the neck / head area?

He meant to hit him in the shoulder, if you think Morrissey's intent was to injure him, I don't know what to say.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Ken Wiebe just reported it 9minutes ago. (sorry not sure how to post twitter on here still kind of new to this board)

Thanks. That's disappointing to me. I was actually hoping to see him get in if needed. I think he would be one of those players that could really surprise a lot of people.

CH3NO2

Jul 9, 2011
I still don't get it --- the anthem singer calls out a challenge to Winnipeg fans by asks the Minny fans to sing the anthem, then proceeds to sing the entire anthem himself. What did that prove?!
I know right?lmao
Did like his singing, though.

Reactions: snowkiddin

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb

I wonder if I should respond to posters that "aren't important" ?? ;)

People should never respond to my posts with anything but eye rolls, head shakes and sarcastic gifs like this.

jlaw-okay_zpse7846c44.gif~c200

I am the class clown, village idiot and town drunk all rolled into one. Oh yeah, and cranky old man. Can't forget that one. :nod:

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
People should never respond to my posts with anything but eye rolls, head shakes and sarcastic gifs like this.

jlaw-okay_zpse7846c44.gif~c200

I am the class clown, village idiot and town drunk all rolled into one. Oh yeah, and cranky old man. Can't forget that one. :nod:
We are many
Rise Together :nod:

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Epic fail in the Jet's Flight Log email. And this boys and girls is why the best spell checker is still the one between your ears. :laugh:

Bucyk Wild

Connor Hellebuyck has always believed in what he calls "the bounce back game." Game 4 was exactly that for the Jets goaltender, as he made 30 saves for the first Stanley Cup Playoffs shutout in franchise history, as the Jets blanked the Wild 2-0.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Shazzam

Now 20% Chunkier
Oct 29, 2015
Great White North eh...
That win "really ties the room together".
Stressful game but so awesome to win!

I swore at Trouba several times for his bumbling and fumbling. The weird thing is he is doing some nice things defensively and him and Morrissey are essentially shutting down their opponents. It's just painful to watch him struggle in other areas when he can be so good. Hopefully he can get back to pre-injury Trouba form ASAP.

Friday could be a BIG party.
But also may be the toughest game to win...
At least until we break their spirit.

It seems to take Trouba a few games to get back his game after coming back from an injury.

Reactions: Evil Little

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
Haven't read the entire thread so it may have been mentioned and more than once, but Morrow deserves some real praise.

I said this after the first couple of games he played, there is something there. Really believe it. He's not going to be another Morrissey of course but he can be one of the starting 6, now and going forward imo.

Credit to him and to Chevy, as he tried to get him this summer. Morrow has some nice positives, can skate, move the puck and has a good shot. His challenges or negatives before were that he wasn't good under pressure and didn't get the puck moved well under those situations. That has certainly changed, now a fair bit of that is playing with 33 but deserves to be noticed for his play.

He is a piece that will be a factor this playoff season and going forward. Really really good add at a very inexpensive price.

Reactions: ulf, GNP and Huffer

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Haven't read the entire thread so it may have been mentioned and more than once, but Morrow deserves some real praise.

I said this after the first couple of games he played, there is something there. Really believe it. He's not going to be another Morrissey of course but he can be one of the starting 6, now and going forward imo.

Credit to him and to Chevy, as he tried to get him this summer. Morrow has some nice positives, can skate, move the puck and has a good shot. His challenges or negatives before were that he wasn't good under pressure and didn't get the puck moved well under those situations. That has certainly changed, now a fair bit of that is playing with 33 but deserves to be noticed for his play.

He is a piece that will be a factor this playoff season and going forward. Really really good add at a very inexpensive price.

Have to admit that I am surprised in a good way how Morrow has played post season.

ulf

Sep 21, 2002
sandy hook
Visit site
I'd prefer Troubas ankle being a little sore and causing him play catch up, but he really did look dazed and confused at times. Let's end this in 5 and maybe get some off time for the knicked up.

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
A little late to this party I only watched the highlights unfortunately but I'm glad to see that true to form Hellebuyck bounced back from a subpar performance with a monster one. Great gut check by the team in general and a huge road win.

While Morrisey is generally a very clean player and not i believe him when he says it wasn't intentional, that cross check just looks awful in the replays. I think he needs to be suspended. I even kind of hope he does because if he isn't suspended, after the end of game 2 shenanigans I could see Boudreau put bounties on the heads of our top players in retaliation. As a result game 5 could be really ugly and get out of hand. And worse we could lose some important players.
He should get a game, bad play but no intent. I think game 5 is really ugly regardless of what DOPS does.

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
He should get a game, bad play but no intent. I think game 5 is really ugly regardless of what DOPS does.

I don't want to beat a dead horse, but I think based on the major infractions that haven't even been called in this series alone, I don't think it's fair to single one infraction out and remove a player from a team.

I think no suspension is appropriate in this case. Otherwise there is no fairness in the way that the DOPS works.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Hahahaha, it "cost us the game". Shut up you fat tomato. Was it a penalty? Yes. Did they miss it? Yes. Did they miss Stall elbow to Wheelers head? Yes? Did they miss the Niederreiter head butt to Chiarot tonight? Yes. You look like a clown making excuses for being down 3-1. Like Bozo the clown if he was bald, 5'1", smelt like cheese, and a tomato.

P.S. I dont have anything concrete on the cheese part, just a hunch.

Ok just laughed out loud on this one. Heart attack face is just lobbying to get JMo suspended because he knows his team needs an edge.

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
I don't want to beat a dead horse, but I think based on the major infractions that haven't even been called in this series alone, I don't think it's fair to single one infraction out and remove a player from a team.

I think no suspension is appropriate in this case. Otherwise there is no fairness in the way that the DOPS works.
Well we already know there's no fairness. Or consistency. So who really knows what happens. It's only my opinion that he should get a game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad