Comedians you do NOT think are funny...

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Stephen Colbert is not funny. Neither is Kevin Hart. Seth Rogen annoys me to no end. Never thought Joan Rivers was funny - and neither does Ellen DeGeneres. Bill Maher, without Real Time writers, is not funny.

Love Norm MacDonald, altho his course language bothers me. Amy Schumer's TV show is funny.

colbert is definitely funny. Or atleast was.

Colbert report was one of the funniest things ever on TV.

No one has ever been funnier than Norm though. Not a single person.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
I remember Norm when he first started - I saw him on the Pat Sajak Show. His comedy was clean and I loved it. Then I saw one of his specials and the language was off putting. Not sure why he changed.

I understand he is quite religious so it seems odd.
Norm is a Christian, but I think he said himself that he’s not overly religious. Regardless, I’m very religious, yet I curse like a sailor. I’m not proud of it, but they’re just words. They’re just sounds that we as humans gave meaning to.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey

See, Colbert harmed himself, as it’s always the same old routine over and over again with him. Maybe he used to be funny, I don’t know, but I think you know what I’m talking about.

Reactions: ProspectsSTC

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Norm is a Christian, but I think he said himself that he’s not overly religious. Regardless, I’m very religious, yet I curse like a sailor. I’m not proud of it, but they’re just words. They’re just sounds that we as humans gave meaning to.
Re : " I’m very religious"

Me, too. :)

Re : "I curse like a sailor"

Sorry to hear that. Maybe I am just a prude but I try never to swear.

P.S. I get the impression Norm downplays his Christian beliefs because he is in Hollywood and it doesn't play well with his followers.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
I don't like when comedians get political. Stick to making me laugh.
Norm can be crude and profane but it's far from a crutch with him, and his best work is far from it. He's more likely to tell a shaggy dog story like the Moth Joke than he is to make a c*ck joke. His diversity is why he's my favourite comic by far.
He can literally make any subject funny. That's why I miss his podcast so much. He's a great interviewer because he asks very out of the box questions and keeps a lot of pace.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Re : " I’m very religious"

Me, too. :)

Re : "I curse like a sailor"

Sorry to hear that. Maybe I am just a prude but I try never to swear.
No you’re not a prude. I wish I had the self-control to not swear, but I don’t. I’m weak. I have anger issues.

And I don’t want to get too off-topic on this thread, but just out of curiosity, what religion are you? I myself am a Catholic.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I like Colbert, just don't think he is funny.

Norm is naturally funny.

nah, he was legit funny pre trump.

the way he played his character on colbert report was 10/10.

his interviews with politicians while in character is some of the best comedy you'll find.

Reactions: avsfan09

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
No you’re not a prude. I wish I had the self-control to not swear, but I don’t. I’m weak. I have anger issues.

And I don’t want to get too off-topic on this thread, but just out of curiosity, what religion are you? I myself am a Catholic.
I am Catholic, too.

I don't want to derail the thread either but don't let anger get the best of you. Always be kind. :)

Reactions: Buchnevich89

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018

his interviews with politicians while in character is some of the best comedy you'll find.
Fair enough. TBH, I never watched his old show.

Anyway, boys, I am off. Have a great night. :)

Reactions: Buchnevich89

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey

Yea I could see that. If he did a few Trump jokes here and there, along with some other stuff, it would be better in my opinion. But now the guy needs Trump to survive.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
There are a lot of not so good to awful comedians out there. Could not name them all. These are two I cant stand and two of my favorites.

Katt Williams - Dont know how repeatedly saying the N word and the F word is supposed to be funny.
Amy Schumer - Awful. She steals her jokes from other comedians.

On the other hand, some of my favorites are Kyle Kinane and Nate Bargatze. Very funny. If you have not heard them, give them a try.
+1 on Nate Bargatze. His debut Netflix special and his set on the standups are fantastic

Reactions: vonginous

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I once saw Colbert on a panel show with 3 standup comics (same format as Tough Crowd with Colin Quinn)

Colbert was easily the funniest of the bunch. Very sharp and clever with his lines. Quick too!

Made the other 3 comics look like amateurs

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
For anyone who loves Norm MacDonald, see if you could find the old Weekend update sketch when he and Kevin Nealon are going on about Gerald Ford being hospitalized from the 90s. It was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. It was goofy, stupid and hilarious

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9

Yeah the Colbert Report was great, can't stand him on the new show. Honestly wished he stuck with the Colbert Report, I think his Schtick worked infinitely times better there, it was satire it was funny, now it just seems forced and to a digree mean spirited.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad