Comedians you do NOT think are funny...

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Without devolving into a "You're an idiot, he's hilarious" thread, which comedians (that others love) do you think are NOT funny?...

For me...

Ron White has his moments (Tiger Woods cheating and "what the wind is blowin") but most of the time he is just vulgar and crude.

Joe Rogan is not funny at all.

I never thought Robin Williams was funny.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Steve Martin
Bill Cosby
Bill Hicks
Sam Kinison
Joe Rogan
Robin Williams
Todd Glass

Last edited:

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Way too many to name. I find myself being insanely selective with stand-up and find I don't like many. I go back to the same few over and over again to watch their stuff like Bill Burr, Norm Macdonald and Louis CK.

Most "controversial" stand-up that I don't like would be George Carlin. Almost seems like people treat him as the Michael Jordan of comedy, but I've never found him to be funny in the slightest. I think it's just a generational thing as I never really related to other stand-up comics of that era either, such as Pryor.

Reactions: S E P H

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
I agree with everyone saying Joe Rogan.

Jerry Seinfeld is similar for me - neither of them make me laugh doing standup and both talk to comedians on their shows and manage to not be funny even then.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Jimmy Carr, George Carlin, and Robin Williams easily for me were the least funny I've seen. Pretty much the biggest douchebags of comedy. I also don't particularly care for Louis CK's rectum jokes either.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I think a big thing is a lot of these comedians are so over exposed. Particularly someone like Gaffigan. I really liked him at first, but the shtick gets so tired.

Rogan is not very funny either, but his podcast is good with the right guest.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
You'd get a more exclusive list asking which comedian are funny. It's a particularly hard artform to be good at, and most people in the world, including professional comedians, simply aren't funny.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
It is physically impossible for George Lopez to tell a joke without switching languages. The amount of times he flips from English to Spanish and then back to English, it's pretty annoying. :help:

I've always found Chris D'Elia to be grating, I think he's just too manic.

Also, Amy Schumer.

A lot of friends LOVE Jim Gaffigan, but I don't find his stuff funny at all. I also agree with those saying Rogan and Carlin.

Gaffigan can have some funny bits but he loses me a lot whenever he overdoes the "inner monologue" part, or whatever he thinks the crowd is thinking.

Reactions: irunthepeg

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
I never got the hate for Dane Cook a decade or so prior

Jeff Dunham is one where while I at least get the appeal, it just isn't for me.

Amy Schumer though is genuinely unfunny. While we are at it let's add Carlos Mencia to that list as well.

Reactions: irunthepeg

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
Ricky Gervais ... mostly. He used to be much funnier. Still can be funny but his persona is so grating and obnoxious that it's really killed his standup for me. He used to be shocking and offensive, but in a smart way. Now I think he does it just to do it and it's just not funny anymore then he hides behind his "you're too sensitive!" shield when the reality is he just isn't that funny anymore.

Reactions: Vex

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
There are very few comedians, at least professional well known ones, that I find completely unfunny. I think most of them still have at least some funny bits and whatnot.

I guess Bill Burr and Joe Rogan are two guys who just weren't my "cup of tea" sort to speak. I appreciate what Burr brings, the material just never interested me too much.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
I love George Carlin's TV specials. Grew up on them. Probably recited them too much. When I was in college I saw him live and it was just terrible. Really bad and juvenile. Dude was at it for a long time so maybe he was just gassed, but boy was it a disappointment. I'll still stan for his overall career though.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Joe Rogan's the most bizarre and confusing case for me, personally. Overall, I like him-- I think he's pretty admirable and like-able as a cultural personality, all things considered, is talented as a podcast guy, and is reasonably respectable and serviceable in every off-shoot profession that he seems to try his hand at (actor in a sitcom, game-show host, sports commentator, etc), but for some reason, he chooses to primarily identify himself as/dedicate himself to pretty much the only one profession I'm aware of where he's a completely irredeemable hack at, in my eyes.

As far away as he is from being an intellect, I'd even go as far as to say that I'd sooner find him credible in that role than I would in a comedic role, personally.

Not going to bother listing the more obvious ones that everyone seems to agree on. Other guys who a lot of people seem to like/respect but seem obnoxious and hack-y to my tastes:

Jeff Ross
Bo Burnham
Patton Oswald
Jim Jeffries
Greg Giraldo

Also cannot stand that Bert Kreischer guy, but I don't know if people actually like him or not.

Last edited:

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Joe Rogan's the most bizarre and confusing case for me, personally. Overall, I like him-- I think he's pretty admirable and like-able as a cultural personality, all things considered, is talented as a podcast guy, and is reasonably respectable and serviceable in every off-shoot profession that he seems to try his hand at (actor in a sitcom, game-show host, sports commentator, etc), but for some reason, he chooses to primarily identify himself as/dedicate himself to pretty much the only one profession I'm aware of where he's a completely unredeemable hack in, in my eyes.
I think people are too scared of Rogan to tell him he's awful - I agree, he's not even close to being funny.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad