Columbus Thread V (All City/Arena Questions, Ticket Exchange, Meetups, etc in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Hey guys,

I'm going to be in Columbus next week for a few days and it looks like I have the night of the Carolina game free, so a co-worker and I were thinking about heading to the game.
What can we expect for price/availability as walk-up?

If you want to see an NHL game for next to nothing and get decent seats, welcome to Columbus!

There are $10 seats at the windows starting 2 hours before the game. Unlikely to sell out. Seats are in upper bowl middle on the Jackets defend twice side.

If you want to go more upscale, tickets in all areas in good locations will be available that game.

Have fun.

Last edited:

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
Looking for two cheap lowers for tonight. Friends are in from out of town. PM me if you have two.

dnmccoy

Nov 18, 2013
Columbus
Slightly OT but does anyone here play roller hockey at Central Ohio roller hockey? If so PM me, Im interested in maybe playing

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
I've been having difficulty making it to a game this year (hoping to make one in December) and was looking to obtain a 2014-15 program. If anyone could grab a couple extra copies of the program from a home game, I would be willing to pay the postage costs to have them mailed to me.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
I have a pair of tickets for the game vs Philly on 12/9 for sale. Sec 216 row E face is $40 each, but I am only looking for $50 for the pair.

Certified Assassin

Souped up Wildcat
Jul 15, 2010
West Virginia
Pens fan coming in peace.

My friend and I are heading to the game this Saturday, both of us are unfamiliar with the area and arena, etc... So, we were curious of any good restaurants that are in the vicinity of the arena and their location. We are probably looking for more of a nicer sit-down restaurant rather than a bar, but all recommendations are greatly appreciated.

It would also be helpful if anyone has any tips for parking near the arena. I do not mind to pay for parking if it gets us close and is rather easy to navigate out of the city (I usually pay $15 for parking when I go to Consol).

The hotel is covered, just wondering about the surrounding area near the arena - there may be some time to kill beforehand as we plan on getting to Columbus late afternoon.

Thanks for all the help!

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC

My friend and I are heading to the game this Saturday, both of us are unfamiliar with the area and arena, etc... So, we were curious of any good restaurants that are in the vicinity of the arena and their location. We are probably looking for more of a nicer sit-down restaurant rather than a bar, but all recommendations are greatly appreciated.

It would also be helpful if anyone has any tips for parking near the arena. I do not mind to pay for parking if it gets us close and is rather easy to navigate out of the city (I usually pay $15 for parking when I go to Consol).

The hotel is covered, just wondering about the surrounding area near the arena - there may be some time to kill beforehand as we plan on getting to Columbus late afternoon.

Thanks for all the help!

Plenty of parking, food, and drink in the immediate Arena area. Hyde Park is a very nice steakhouse at High and Goodale, about four blocks north of the venue. Enjoy your visit (except for the outcome of the game, of course!).

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014

Thanks for all the help!

Does the hotel have parking included? If not, there are garages that will be in the $10-$15 range, though you could get lucky with some on-street parking in the area, especially since you noted you may be getting there early.

It depends on how nice you want to go with the restaurant - literally right across the street from the Arena is a Rodizio Grill Brazilian Steakhouse. As was mentioned Hyde Park is a couple blocks north of the Arena. There are some decent restaurants on East Nationwide Blvd but I'm less familiar with those. Could also try Marcella's or Northstar Cafe - those are farther north than Hyde Park but not too far of a walk from the Arena. I think both the Arena District and Short North official websites would details your dining options as well.

Certified Assassin

Souped up Wildcat
Jul 15, 2010
West Virginia
Does the hotel have parking included? If not, there are garages that will be in the $10-$15 range, though you could get lucky with some on-street parking in the area, especially since you noted you may be getting there early.

It depends on how nice you want to go with the restaurant - literally right across the street from the Arena is a Rodizio Grill Brazilian Steakhouse. As was mentioned Hyde Park is a couple blocks north of the Arena. There are some decent restaurants on East Nationwide Blvd but I'm less familiar with those. Could also try Marcella's or Northstar Cafe - those are farther north than Hyde Park but not too far of a walk from the Arena. I think both the Arena District and Short North official websites would details your dining options as well.

We are staying about 20 minutes outside the city at the Comfort Suites East, so we will likely check in and then head straight to Columbus, park at parking garage and then walk around. Thanks for the Hyde Park recommendation, definitely at the top of the list at the moment.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
We are staying about 20 minutes outside the city at the Comfort Suites East, so we will likely check in and then head straight to Columbus, park at parking garage and then walk around. Thanks for the Hyde Park recommendation, definitely at the top of the list at the moment.

Melt is another recommendation, a couple blocks down from the arena in the Short North area. Giant grilled cheese sandwiches, with practically whatever you want on them. Very delicious!

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012

Thanks for all the help!

The suggestions of Hyde Park and Rodizio are good ones if you want a steak. Another place worth checking out is Flatiron Bar and Diner - it's on Nationwide about two blocks from the Arena and has good Cajun/Creole/Barbeque and a decent beer list. If you are into the microbrewery thing, there's a place called The Elevator about three blcoks from Nationwide on High Street with a nice selection of brews to go along with good food. I've also heard good things about Wolf's Ridge Brewing (both the food and the beer), but have not yet been. It's about four blocks.

As for parking, the garage at Nationwide and Front can't be beat for convenience, though if you try to leave right at the end of the game it can take a few minutes to get out.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
The suggestions of Hyde Park and Rodizio are good ones if you want a steak. Another place worth checking out is Flatiron Bar and Diner - it's on Nationwide about two blocks from the Arena and has good Cajun/Creole/Barbeque and a decent beer list. If you are into the microbrewery thing, there's a place called The Elevator about three blcoks from Nationwide on High Street with a nice selection of brews to go along with good food. I've also heard good things about Wolf's Ridge Brewing (both the food and the beer), but have not yet been. It's about four blocks.

As for parking, the garage at Nationwide and Front can't be beat for convenience, though if you try to leave right at the end of the game it can take a few minutes to get out.

Is that the one where the Dentist office is located? If it is I always get there before 3 so I don't have to pay 10 bucks to park. I know cheap skate. I'm actually thinking of the garage on the corner of Nationwide and Neil.

As for places to eat in the vicinity of the arena you have Mongolian BBQ, Rodizio's, Hyde Park, Melt, Buca Di Beppo, Japanese Steakhouse, Kooma, are the ones of the top of my head. Also, stay clear of Park Street after the game.

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
I gotta steer you away from Rodizio. I found it over priced and not very appealing. If you want top quality, it's not the place. I'd suggest Hyde Park or Martinis. Both are walking distance.

Certified Assassin

Souped up Wildcat
Jul 15, 2010
West Virginia
I gotta steer you away from Rodizio. I found it over priced and not very appealing. If you want top quality, it's not the place. I'd suggest Hyde Park or Martinis. Both are walking distance.

Is it recommended that we are dressed nicer for Hyde Park, or can we walk in wearing our jeans and whatever shirt we will be wearing under our jerseys? Also, will we have enough time to eat there before the game and make it to the arena to walk around and scope it out?

Thanks for all the help!

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
My girlfriend and I just bought tickets to the game for Tuesday night in Detroit... our first CBJ roadtrip ever. Anyone ever been to Joe Louis? What can we expect? (parking, atmosphere... etc.)

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
My girlfriend and I just bought tickets to the game for Tuesday night in Detroit... our first CBJ roadtrip ever. Anyone ever been to Joe Louis? What can we expect? (parking, atmosphere... etc.)

JLA has...uhh..."charm"...yea, let's call it that. Not enough bathrooms and the concourse is skinny. But when you walk in you can smell the..."history"

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
watch your surroundings, the arena isn't in the best of areas...typically we would pregame at Anchor Bar, and I believe they run shuttles to the stadium before and after...

I prefer the Joe over Madison Square in terms of awe factor...I felt history at the Joe, I found MSG to just be a dump for all the "mystique" I heard about it...

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012

It's kind of depressing. The concourses are dark and cluttered and get very crowded during intermissions. Just getting to JLA is a chore as there are a bunch of pedestrian skyways you need to take. On the brightside there's really not a bad seat in the house. Pregame I've enjoyed Cobo Joe's which is an easy walk to JLA. The fans there are generally ok, much better than in Pittsburgh in my experience.

Certified Assassin

Souped up Wildcat
Jul 15, 2010
West Virginia
Hey, just wanted to say what a great game it was on Saturday night! My friend and I both had a great time, saw a great, great game (even though the Pens lost :P), and had some great food at Barley's. Thanks, Jackets fans, for the hospitality! :handclap:

hsfgsteele

Apr 29, 2011
Canada
Student Rush Tickets

Long time Canadian CBJ fan/lurker here. A few of my roomies and I are planning on doing a road trip at the beginning of April and just had a few questions regarding the student rush tickets. It would be the Saturday April 4th game vs Pittsburgh and after looking online couldn't find out if the offer extends to Canadian university id's. Does any one know if they do? How early should we arrive to guarantee tickets as well as any other thoughts on buying tickets?

Thanks in advance and excited to see my first game at Nationwide!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad