Friedman: Columbus shopping Domi

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
There's "don't like" and then there's being greeted with "I'm going to completely ignore what you said upfront".

Then I would suggest looking more into the "futures" option, or moving on.

And, my original offer was 3 future piece.
Juolevi is a former 1st round pick finally getting over his injury issues.
Gadjovich is a former 2nd round pick that the Canucks sheltered specifically away from the expansion draft.
And a 4th round pick.

All are futures. Which was your original ask, above the RD mentor second option

Just because YOU don't like my offer, doesn't mean my offer did not meet your request of futures.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
to the Laffs for sure, think they are gonna sign Tukka too and Tatar maybe even a depth C like Richardson, then they will LTIR Marner all regular season, so he can then be rested enough to score at least 1 goal in the playoffs
ooooooohhh you've been sitting on that one

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
And, my original offer was 3 future piece.
Juolevi is a former 1st round pick finally getting over his injury issues.
Gadjovich is a former 2nd round pick that the Canucks sheltered specifically away from the expansion draft.
And a 4th round pick.

All are futures. Which was your original ask, above the RD mentor second option

Just because YOU don't like my offer, doesn't mean my offer did not meet your request of futures.
Juolevi is not a future; he's a roster reclamation project. We've already just picked up Jake Bean; we don't need a second. That said, I may have not given Gadjovich a fair look. On further review, I don't think he'd move the needle as is, but that's a quick-and-dirty assessment still.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Juolevi is not a future; he's a roster reclamation project. We've already just picked up Jake Bean; we don't need a second. That said, I may have not given Gadjovich a fair look. On further review, I don't think he'd move the needle as is, but that's a quick-and-dirty assessment still.

See, now we are negotiating!

Domi has dropped off significantly, and has poor playoff production. He is coming off surgery and won't be ready until at least late January, and he is pending UFA.

I just don't see how he is worth more.

Jett Woo might interest you, young RD. But he would cost you.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Probably best for any team considering Domi to not spend any assets on him. It’s apparent that Domi wants special treatment and doesn’t seem to gel with any team he’s on. My theory is that he’s trying to douche his way onto the Leafs to follow in his dads mediocre foot steps. So why spend the assets when this guy is going to bolt to the Leafs anyways. There’s no future with this guy, there’s no potential, it’s wasted assets and time if you get this guy now.

SteelCityCannon

Mar 25, 2017
I dont buy this honestly. Domi started to look better towards the end of the year. Why sell him at his lowest point?

I would imagine Jarmo is going to want to see what Lars can do with these guys before they ship anybody of note off.

Reactions: Xoggz22 and Viqsi

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Darren Dreger says he is hearing that the Toronto Maple Leafs look to be among the frontrunners to acquire Domi.

Reactions: banks

banks

W W W 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Aug 29, 2019
I've always wanted Domi on the Leafs. Just feels right with his Dad being a long time member.

tie-domi-with-his-son-max.jpg

Better than any pyjama picture.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Darren Dreger says he is hearing that the Toronto Maple Leafs look to be among the frontrunners to acquire Domi.

Trade deadline acquisition for the Leafs 1st!!!! DO IT DUBAS!!!!

Then after a first round exit, he can sign elsewhere. Maybe with the Rangers to tag team with Reaves.

Chevx

Jul 5, 2017
Planet Earth
I may be totally of the picture, but wouldn't Bruins try to swap DeBrusk with Domi? There might be some retention from Blue Jackets and additional pick from Bruins. I guess it might be worth a shot.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
I would be fine bringing Domi back to Montreal. Byron + 2nd would be my offer. CBJ fans might not love it, but I really doubt they get offered anything better. Byrons is overpaid, but a he's a solid bottom six guy and wears a letter for Habs, its just a numbers game at wing right now. A 2nd is obviously a 2nd.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
I think what we need the most right now is:
1) Futures, and/or
2) A RD who can play a "mentor" role.

Retention is a complete and total nonissue.
Imagine we missed on Reinhart and gave Stralman + a future for Domi?

Domi - Barkov - Verhaeghe
Huberdeau - Bennett - Tippett
Marchment - Lundell - Duclair
Lomberg - Acciari - Hornqvist

Forsling - Ekblad
Montour - Weegar
xxxx - Gudas

damn lol

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
See, now we are negotiating!

Domi has dropped off significantly, and has poor playoff production. He is coming off surgery and won't be ready until at least late January, and he is pending UFA.

I just don't see how he is worth more.

Jett Woo might interest you, young RD. But he would cost you.
Columbus just wants a 2nd round pick and minimal retention. No salary coming back. If the Canucks want 50% retention, up your cost to a 1st.

Reactions: Viqsi

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2