Friedman: Columbus shopping Domi

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
They were high on Bayreuther, but couldn‘t agree on terms with him. Worth the gamble, though.

You forgot one of these :sarcasm:, right?
Couldn't agree with Bayreuther, who signed a two-year-deal with $0.75M AAV, the first year being two-way? :laugh:

PS. I actually understand not picking Domi, but atleast go for someone with a tiny bit of potential, like for instance Stenlund :dunno:

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Sens fan. I'd offer a 2nd for him (no retention), maybe with another pick conditional on him resigning with us. Or choice of Colin White or Chris Tierney.

Last edited:
Reactions: robsenz

Seventy7

May 16, 2015
Domi for Myers

RHD are at a premium. I don’t mind Myers at all, but he needs a stay at home LHD to play with… and the Canucks do not have a player to fit that mould.

Domi then adds to Vancouver’s forward depth. Could C line 3 or play top 6 wing with Bo.

Hoglander Pettersson Boeser
Domi Horvat Garland
Pearson Miller Podkolzin
Motte Sutter Dickinson

Three strong scoring lines and a shutdown line!

Last edited:
Reactions: teddygmr

nucksauce

Oct 30, 2013
Domi for Myers

RHD are at a premium. I don’t mind Myers at all, but he needs a stay at home LHD to play with… and the Canucks do not have a player to fit that mould.

Domi then adds to Vancouver’s forward depth. Could C line 3 or play top 6 wing with Bo.

Domi Horvat Garland
Pearson Miller Podkolzin
Motte Sutter Dickinson

This is very strange for me to say but I would rather keep Myers. Our Defence is our weakest position especially on the right side. To be honest I thought towards the end of the year Myers was our best dman. I do think Domi would be a nice addition but salary wise and trade cost I don't think it will happen. Unless CLB is high on Juolevi (+) maybe a mid-season trade if Rathbone does indeed make the full time jump to the NHL.

Domi Horvat Garland as a line sounds so annoying to play against lol

Apr 9, 2009
USA
You forgot one of these :sarcasm:, right?
Couldn't agree with Bayreuther, who signed a two-year-deal with $0.75M AAV, the first year being two-way? :laugh:

PS. I actually understand not picking Domi, but atleast go for someone with a tiny bit of potential, like for instance Stenlund :dunno:

Yeah, if they couldn't agree to terms and that was what he signed, them picking Bayreuther is somehow worse. League minimum, two-way contract. lol

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
Domi for Myers

Domi Horvat Garland
Pearson Miller Podkolzin
Motte Sutter Dickinson

Good luck convincing Domi to play wing instead of center.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Domi for Evander Kane :sarcasm:
trouble.gif

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
With retention, he could be worth a first at deadline so I expect similar value now with retention…question is if CBJ wants to put the pressure on young kids or not

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
With retention, he could be worth a first at deadline so I expect similar value now with retention…question is if CBJ wants to put the pressure on young kids or not
Domi is injured now so it wouldnt change anything in the immediate future. Im guessing teams would rather go into the season and see how their team does or how Domi's recovery goes before giving up too much value for him

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Domi for Myers

Domi Horvat Garland
Pearson Miller Podkolzin
Motte Sutter Dickinson

I would probably do this honestly. Jackets need another RD and it would allow our younger defenseman a little more shelter and wouldn't necessarily force them into the flames if coaching/management didn't think they were ready. Domi isn't a huge loss and he wasn't gonna be here for the long haul anyway.

Granted I haven't been following Myers that closely, has he fallen off THAT bad?

Edit:
6M for the next 3 years is doable for Columbus, as long as he's serviceable and not a complete liability while eating minutes I wouldn't be opposed to big body on the right side, maybe he and Gavrikov could work together.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I would probably do this honestly. Jackets need another RD and it would allow our younger defenseman a little more shelter and wouldn't necessarily force them into the flames if coaching/management didn't think they were ready. Domi isn't a huge loss and he wasn't gonna be here for the long haul anyway.

Granted I haven't been following Myers that closely, has he fallen off THAT bad?

Edit:
6M for the next 3 years is doable for Columbus, as long as he's serviceable and not a complete liability while eating minutes I wouldn't be opposed to big body on the right side, maybe he and Gavrikov could work together.
I'd ask for some retention. Three years means he's in the way of retaining guys like Roslovic, Texier, Chinakov, and Gavrikov.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office

Edit:

...Myers is a train wreck in his own zone and that's not hyperbole...for such a big, powerful guy he gets walked pretty consistently, much like Phaneuf used to, and he rarely uses his gigantic reach in the defensive zone...I personally wouldn't trade a signed Domi jersey for him...

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
...Myers is a train wreck in his own zone and that's not hyperbole...for such a big, powerful guy he gets walked pretty consistently, much like Phaneuf used to, and he rarely uses his gigantic reach in the defensive zone...I personally wouldn't trade a signed Domi jersey for him...

He needs to get into a zone D system. It’s like night and day for these guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad