Columbus gets 2015 All-Star Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
CBJ seeks to "expand" footprint to Ohio while attracting a buzzier crowd. NHL looks to "prove" it's in a big market in Cbus by having one of the biggest acts going rep its hometown. Both make sense.

But I'm with Sam. Prefer neither.

OAR - also not a big fan but - is from Columbus - wouldn't that work? Twentyone Pilots if you want the kids.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
CBJ seeks to "expand" footprint to Ohio while attracting a buzzier crowd. NHL looks to "prove" it's in a big market in Cbus by having one of the biggest acts going rep its hometown. Both make sense.

OAR - also not a big fan but - is from Columbus - wouldn't that work? Twentyone Pilots if you want the kids.

Isn't only one guy from Rascal Flatts from Columbus? I don't care much, either way, but Dallas had the Robert Randolph Family Band and I vote for them! Or, since I'm from Steubenville...

Can Traci Lords carry a tune?

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Isn't only one guy from Rascal Flatts from Columbus? I don't care much, either way, but Dallas had the Robert Randolph Family Band and I vote for them! Or, since I'm from Steubenville...

Can Traci Lords carry a tune?

The bass player in RRFB is from Columbus so that's close enough for me!

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005

Technically, O.A.R. calls Rockville, MD home but they made their name as students at OSU. I used to enojy them several years ago but their fan crowd is pretty douchy. The band has been banned from Jones Beach Amphitheater because of how bad their fans have been. Not the band's fault by any means but they seem to draw a ton of underage kids who think they can drink and not get caught.

letsgojackets

Feb 2, 2005
Re: ASG tix. Just got an email(and spoke to a ticket rep yesterday), order forms will be out next week and responses will be required by August 29th to guarantee tix.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Definitely excited to see the full details next week. Anyone know what prices were for previous years ASGs?

Roughly $200 per person for the weekend. I think the skills competition was around $75 and the ASG was around $125. I don't recall if that was the flat price no matter where in the arena or just for the upper level. I seem t remember it was a flat price.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
Roughly $200 per person for the weekend. I think the skills competition was around $75 and the ASG was around $125. I don't recall if that was the flat price no matter where in the arena or just for the upper level. I seem t remember it was a flat price.

I think that was just the upper bowl price.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
If there's a question about musical acts for the ASG in Columbus, they should be the Pretenders and Dwight Yoakam. It's pretty obvious.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Some kids were practicing in the garage in my parents neighborhood. They didn't completely suck. I'll ask their moms if they're busy.

PuckNerd

Mar 25, 2010
Ohio
Akron, Columbus, let's throw in Cleveland and get MGK too. There's also Bobaflex from Point Pleasant,WV who has a large Columbus fanbase. However I doubt those two have the high name value of a Rascal Flatts. The weekend will be fun regardless I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad