Seravalli: Columbus engaged in trade talks to move defenseman

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Yep. Kubalik for Peeke, please.

Sens defensive depth sucks and we can't ice an NHL defence right now with three guys down. Jackets can move kubalik at the deadline for assets.

Do you have enough on LTIR that you can take Peeke without sending Kubalik to the Jackets? Peeke isn't playing so I can't imagine he'd cost more than a 3rd rounder at this point, perhaps nothing. But there's no roster space in CBJ land for Kubalik.

Edit: it seems Ottawa probably won't take on any more cap just in case everyone comes off LTIR.

This is dragging on because the Jackets can't take a roster player back at forward or D. They're just jammed up all around.

One possibility is the Jackets taking Kubalik for a small fee and doing retention on Kubalik in a pass through trade. Anyone want him at $1.375m?

Last edited:

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
Boqvist+pick for Beck?

So we'd trade a great young prospect for a position we don't need help in?

Something around Boqvist and Monahan ?

For fricking Monahan? If he can stay healthy I'd want a lot more than dime-a-dozen Boqvist.

They should pay up for Kovacevic then. Cheap ass contract, size, grity and ability to defend.

Dunno why so many Habs fans want to unload Kovacevic. He's a big solid 3rd pairing RD in his sophomore season. Trade that for a rover who can't stick on CBJ's roster? No thanks.

I doubt the Habs actually want to move him with how little J Barron has impressed.

Barron's been pretty decent this young season. 3 goals in 5 games played, he's way too young to give up on now.

Boqvist to Montreal makes way to much sense imo. Could instantly take over PP1 and the don’t really have a offensive Dman in their system besides Hutson

We got Mailloux and all around good D-Men like: Guhle, Xhekaj, Reinbacher, Konyushkov and Engstrom.

What would Jackets fans want from Montreal for Boqvist?

Why? Why don't we go get a 4th goalie while we're at it.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
This is sorta pointless for CBJ. I think Garland at 30% retained for Peeke is fair.
Everyone sheds unnecessary contracts/players for filling out a little bit of depth where they could use beefing up. Roslovic, a bottom six whatever position, for two middle six, even top six, wingers in Garland and Beauvillier, and one RHD with size, some offensive and physical veteran player, who also has his contract expire at years end, for two RHD buried behind better options, being chased by others with higher ceilings, that are signed longer than this year. I thought everyone wins this one, even if the value could use some tweaking.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019

For fricking Monahan? If he can stay healthy I'd want a lot more than dime-a-dozen Boqvist.

Dunno why so many Habs fans want to unload Kovacevic. He's a big solid 3rd pairing RD in his sophomore season. Trade that for a rover who can't stick on CBJ's roster? No thanks.

Barron's been pretty decent this young season. 3 goals in 5 games played, he's way too young to give up on now.

We got Mailloux and all around good D-Men like: Guhle, Xhekaj, Reinbacher, Konyushkov and Engstrom.

While there’s a good chance a few of those dman named will become better players then Boqvist none of them will ever have his offensive ability

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida

You're right. Barron is playing well and his underlying analytics are also quite good. I was wrong on that call.

That said, Juraj Slafkovský and Alex Newhook have some rather lousy underlying analytics. I'd have guessed if would be the opposite before the season started.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Robertson would look great in a CBJ uniform.

Peeke would look good in a TOR uniform.

Make it happen.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Robertson would look great in a CBJ uniform.

Peeke would look good in a TOR uniform.

Make it happen.
At this point I'd be surprised if we willingly took Robertson on for free. We literally do not have enough roster spots for all our forwards anywhere in the organization. Del Bel Belluz has been a healthy scratch in Cleveland because we can't find playing time for him.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
At this point I'd be surprised if we willingly took Robertson on for free. We literally do not have enough roster spots for all our forwards anywhere in the organization. Del Bel Belluz has been a healthy scratch in Cleveland because we can't find playing time for him.
CBJ are going to have to start trading 3 for 1 or 4 for 1 deals.

It's going to be a tough pill to swallow.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
The Flyers could be looking for a RHD after giving up 15 goals in their past three games.

They are currently playing Zamula (career 34 NHL GP), Seeler and Belpedio (career 8 NHL GP) as their bottom 3 dmen with Staal and Ristolainen injured. Staal is out a few more weeks, and Risto has a mystery injury with no timeline or details.

Is Peeke injured, or just being healthy scratched?

I could see the Flyers giving CBJ back their 2024 2nd for him.

Last edited:

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
How has a deal not taken place yet?

Surely another has offered the Blue Jackets a 2nd for Peeke at this point. Makes me think they are asking for too much for their players.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
How has a deal not taken place yet?

Surely another has offered the Blue Jackets a 2nd for Peeke at this point. Makes me think they are asking for too much for their players.

Almost no one has cap room to take on $2.7m without sending money back, and the Jackets don't want anything back. They don't have roster space for anyone so if they do a 1 for 1 deal it just moves the problem around.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
With Klingberg looking like a Robidas island candidate, I wonder if Treliving calls Columbus about Peeke.

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
The Flyers could be looking for a RHD after giving up 15 goals in their past three games.

They are currently playing Zamula (career 34 NHL GP), Seeler and Belpedio (career 8 NHL GP) as their bottom 3 dmen with Staal and Ristolainen injured. Staal is out a few more weeks, and Risto has a mystery injury with no timeline or details.

Is Peeke injured, or just being healthy scratched?

I could see the Flyers giving CBJ back their 2024 2nd for him.
Tyler Myers.

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
Almost no one has cap room to take on $2.7m without sending money back, and the Jackets don't want anything back. They don't have roster space for anyone so if they do a 1 for 1 deal it just moves the problem around.
Why not? CBJ has a bunch of cap room

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
iu

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Why not? CBJ has a bunch of cap room

Yeah but if you take a player back you have no roster spot to play them, and you end up scratching someone and putting them in the same spot that Peeke and Boqvist are currently in. A 1 for 1 deal doesn't solve the problem.

Reactions: jaric1862

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad