GDT: Columbus @ Colorado, 12/31/2013, 6:00pm MT

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Positives:
PP looked great. Quick passing.
Varly

Negatives:
We looked bad against CBJ outside of the PP.
All that other crap that usually sucks too.

This. We won but didn't deserve it tonight. We need to fix our D against the cycle (play the body, not the puck) and learn how to cycle ourselves.

AVSfan2daMAX

Nov 24, 2006
My new year's resolution happened early...Benoit finally shot on the powerplay. Lo and Below, they scored. Really good to see the special teams step up. Lastly, about Duchene, send that man to Sochi.

Happy new years to each and everyone of you (now matter how delusional or paranoid you are). Here's to a good second half.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Didn't play all that well but we got the two points.

PP looked much better. Could be the CBJ PK or maybe we just needed to get a certain someone off the PP to get it going.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Not sure how Duchene got 1st star. Thought he had a rough night. Should have been Varly.

Hejda has been a disaster the last few games. Looks his age now.

Rhaego

May 18, 2011
aNeLQwA_460sa.gif

#merightnow

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Hockey is a funny sport because I don't think we deserved to win this one, but we somehow won. While other games we deserve to win, we lose.

- Hejda hasn't been good in the last three games or so.
- Landeskog was great in the physicality department.
- I still stand Malone on 4th line > Cliche or McLeod on 4th line.
- Awesome to see McGinn get a much needed goal.
- Everyone was decent offensively, but struggled defensively. Varlamov was the main reason why we won IMO, not sure how Duchene got 1st star.

I hate Family Guy with passion, but whenever I see Ryan Wilson play....it always reminds me of this. :laugh:
wecanrebuildhim-300x254.jpg

Julie doing her usual, saying things that aren't questions
Like Duchene you got two assists today. Like Duchene your team's powerplay was great today.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Not sure how Duchene got 1st star. Thought he had a rough night. Should have been Varly.

The man has played exceptionally well in a top pairing role for a vast majority of the season so far...I think we can cut him some slack for a bit of a cold streak.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV

It's easy to forget that he did just come back from an injury not long ago.

He's looked good at times after the injury, but might be playing into how he looks on the ice as well.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Mackinnon has been fantastic. How much he's grown in half a season is insane. Looked rough for a good 10 game stretch. Things are clicking from him. Points are coming for him now.

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
A win we needed, we played pretty poorly too. Sometimes goals and wins come. CBJ don't match so well but they had a much better effort than we did IMO. Don't know what to think of Mitchel, sometimes looks confused/lost, other times like top player. Glad we got some PP action too.
Getting ugly wins is a must for points though. Let's string some together now.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Quietly Barrie has 8 points in 25 games this season. Points in 5 of his last 8 games. It finally looks to be clicking under Roy.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Quietly Barrie has 8 points in 25 games this season. Points in 5 of his last 8 games. It finally looks to be clicking under Roy.

Get out of here with that nonsense. Dude is worse than the current version of Liles.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003

He's the best almost-PP-QB we have. Smart with the puck and has the confidence to jump up when there is a chance. Also isn't afraid to shoot, even if his slap shot could be better.

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
Barrie is our new shattenkirk, ur sort of. He is much improved defensively and getting points is also a big positive. Is it talent? Or is it developed skill set that he lacks? It seems Roy is saying the latter and he is giving him time. And Mcloud actual made some hits causing some turnovers, it wasn't all bad but we looked lethargic, all lines.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Ugly game by us that we had no right winning, but that is what good teams do, win when they play like garbage.

Duchene had an ok game, not sure why Roy split up the ROR-Duchene-McGinn line it was playing well.

MacK is starting to get better, he still needs to calm down, he tries to take off without full control of the puck too much still. He has just got to calm down a bit more and let the game come to him. When he does that he is a heck of a player. As demonstrated with both his assist and goal.

ROR was pretty solid, interested to see if he stays at center for awhile.

Landy was meh, minus one play, same with Stastny.

EJ was solid

Varly is still a beast, we need to re-sign him ASAP.

McGinn did a good job stepping up tonight.

Everyone else was pretty meh or just not noticeable.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Missed the game....

I hope that O'Reilly isn't permanently back to Center, I actually like him on Duchene's Wing, keep him there.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Missed the game....

I hope that O'Reilly isn't permanently back to Center, I actually like him on Duchene's Wing, keep him there.

A little bit of everybody was at center it seemed like. Stastny and Duchene both played wing for a few shifts as well. I wouldn't worry about it bring permanent... Roy was just trying to find a spark.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad