Post-Game Talk: Columbus Blue Jackets at New York Rangers - March 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
Good thing games don't take place on charts lol!!!1!!1!

not-sure-if-better-or-worse.jpg

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
You all wanted to trade Kreider two weeks ago

Anybody watching this team and the difference between no kreider and with kreider would be crazy to trade him unless its massive overpayment. Like i said if our goal is to tank next year trade kreider. If you wanna be competitive and make the playoffs keep him.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
He doesn't have that many WITH Kreider.

He does his damage on the powerplay and drives possession at even strength.

If he were a good even strength producer, he'd be Anze Kopitar. If you're expecting Kopitar, that's your fault.

Unlike quite a few posters on here, I never expected him to produce like a Kopitar and my argument all along was to not force him into that position.
Yet, here we are..

Reactions: NCRanger

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I wouldn't be opposed to that conversation.

Something tells me he's going west though.
You mean the Candy Cane fans are actually willing to trade one of their so special defenseman to improve their team with the likes of zucc? Well if they don't thats ok too they can just continue to miss the playoffs again

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Kreider has obliterated the image his critics created ten times over. We shouldn't even be talking about it anymore.

He's pacing for 55 over 82 during a season in which he's been healthy for like 11 games.

I don't if that quite constitutes obliterated.

I really like Kreider, but he's quickly becoming the mandatory guy that this board exults to God-like status when he's on, or wants to fire out of cannon into the sun when he's off. The truth, like most things, is in between.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

I really like Kreider, but he's quickly becoming the mandatory guy that this board exults to God-like status when he's on, or wants to fire out of cannon into the sun when he's off. The truth, like most things, is in between.

"When he's on"

So, always?

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Speaking only for myself, wanting to trade him and thinking there is a 50 percent chance he is traded within the next 11 months are separate concepts.

Still not convinced he or Zibanejad isn't moved.

IMO, I feel like those chances have gone down. I don't think they're gone. But, I think Gorton can look at how both players have looked and given himself more time. I might move the timetable to the trade deadline, as you've suggested.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Anybody watching this team and the difference between no kreider and with kreider would be crazy to trade him unless its massive overpayment. Like i said if our goal is to tank next year trade kreider. If you wanna be competitive and make the playoffs keep him.

You keep him no matter what. I can't think of anything more idiotic than trading him just to make your team worse to get a better chance in the lottery and not even thinking about his potential impact in future seasons.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Little bit of bad luck. The discrepancy between his expected goals and actual goals before the concussion was pretty comical.

Also, neither he or Kreider are particularly good passers.

Unless you put yourself in a stupid position(keeping your head down), injuries are "bad luck".
The rest is just excuses IMO..

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ

It all depends upon who's doing the shouting. On this board, Kreider is considered an elite analytics player. Anyone who puts stock in those numbers will continue to be fans. The eyetest crowd wants production.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
IMO, I feel like those chances have gone down. I don't think tehy're gone. But, I think Gorton can look at how both players have looked and given himself more time. I might move the timetable to the trade deadline, as you've suggested.

I tend to agree.

It's more of a curiosity to see how the organization approaches it.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
It all depends upon who's doing the shouting.On this board, Kreider is considered an elite analytics player. Anyone who puts stock in those numbers will continue to be fans. The eyetest crowd wants production.

Analytics certainly has its place. Though I'm still amused by the people who have adopted it as their religion.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Speaking only for myself, wanting to trade him and thinking there is a 50 percent chance he is traded within the next 11 months are separate concepts.

Still not convinced he or Zibanejad isn't moved.

What do we do next year at the center position if both Chytil and Lias are ready? I'm ok with Zibby-Hayes-Chytil-Lias down the middle. Would playing 4th line center be ok for Lias' development?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad