Post-Game Talk: Columbus Blue Jackets at New York Rangers - March 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I was watching highlights from a 2012 game last night and shots were 9-5 close to the end of the 2nd period.

Now, we've already given up 9 shots at 1:21

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I like Kreider but my problem with him is consistency.
He has all the tools in the world to absolutely dominate games and be a Corey Perry but instead he's just a 20 goal scorer.
And if you have 9, 20 goal scorer that is the making of a very good team. We have yet to see a full season from Kreids in the way we all want. He has already made major strides and coming to a crossroad with this I and seems a more dedicated player. Maybe this consistency really kicks in now, and we finally get what we want. It doesn't matter if it's Kreids or Zbad driving the play (everyone thinks they're right, with whomever they choose) but that's not what's important. They work well TOGETHER and you can see the connection when they talk on the bench.
Oh and btw, even Corey Perry didn't play like Corey Perry.
I've said it before they gave the "C" to McD, I really think Kreids gets it and maybe as soon as the beginning of next season, and it won't burden him as he is outgoing and boisterous, and an offensive catalyst which is better suited for captaincy with all the rah rah's that are sometimes needed.
The "C" would help in bringing that consistency and being more involved in every shift.......me thinks. We may even see a bit of fighting once again.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Kreider absolutely does not have the skills to be a dominant player in the league. He has two specific elite skills..very fast straight ahead speed, and size to go with it.

His shot is hard but he's not even vaguely accurate enough to be a real sniper. His hands are decent but he's not a dangler, his passing is fine but he's not a playmaker,etc.

The myth that Kreider is somehow this superstar that just doesn't try hard enough of play consistently enough and has all the talent in the world to be elite is just...silly. He doesn't. He is a good first line winger who does a great job driving play. He's not an elite top level player who just hasn't applied himself hard enough to reach it. He doesn't have the skills for that.
I'm, pretty dead on with your assessment. Kreids is what he is, but I think he still can be a better producer, and I suppose that has EVERYTHING to do with how Mika and whomever else (I do like Jesper there) is playing. Skill level Mika has it over Kreids, and thats obvious? size? Somewhat similar, but I don't think it's even comparable in the level of tuffness, Mika is pretty soft in comparison. I believe they compliment well enough to be a force to be reckoned with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad