Post-Game Talk: Columbus Blue Jackets at New York Rangers - March 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
We’re going to add a top 10 pick plus god knows what else to a very solid core.

Zibanejad Hayes Chytil Andersson Howden I cant think of a time ever we had that kind of center depth in the organization. That to me wins championships.

Rangers are 10th right now and Carolina's very close. Lose a spot or two in the lottery and we could be 12-13. Just saying.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Not even remotely impressed by CBJ, we were the better team. Hank must be all in on the tank.

Huh?

This game was only as close as it was because CBJ went into stupid mode. They were easily the better team 5v5.

Whats funny is a few weeks ago there were quite a few playoff pals coming up with overly optimistic scenarios where the Rangers would be a point behind CBJ after tonights game. Instead, the Rangers are 15 points behind!

Also a big LOL to anyone who suggested that Zucc is more important to this team's success than Kreider.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
@YearOfTheCat I am not a snowflake. I just decided that you are not worth the response.

Btw, Hannity is on. Run along or you will miss your daily dose of "news".

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
Not going to judge him until he gets minutes without Staal, but he clearly has talent, and I think some of his flaws are very coachable. You know, if we ever get a coach...
vigneaultcrackup.jpg

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Namestnikov was a move for two years down the line.

He's going to be a really nice complimentary piece when this team is set up.

Still worried about our defense going forward but we're going to be scoring 10 goals a game when Lias, Chytil, and Howden are ready.

3 goals or more in like 9 of the last 10 games. This is a rebuilding team in terms of the trades we made but I'll say it again, not in talent.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Not even remotely impressed by CBJ, we were the better team. Hank must be all in on the tank.

No, but he called it like it is in the post-game interview. Tough to be successful as a goaltender in the NHL when the other team gets time and space in the slot to pick their corners.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Namestnikov was a move for two years down the line.

He's going to be a really nice complimentary piece when this team is set up.

Still worried about our defense going forward but we're going to be scoring 10 goals a game when Lias, Chytil, and Howden are ready.

He's got some skill, decent defensively but I think he's kinda like Zbad (Kreider) where he needs line mates that can create some space in order for him to be effective.

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
Yup, they're so dominant they almost marched the NYR no where near the playoffs with all that hotness.
Mean while Dstep still has them beat on points all while playing on the worst team in the league LOL
Actually, Stepan PPG is worse than Mika , and Arizona indeed sucks, but, if I'm not mistaken, he plays with Clayton Keller, that is not too shabby.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Panarin basically just ate us up tonight. The Rangers just could not handle him.

The team is working hard and trying---you have to give them that. Most times when a young d-man comes up from the minors the team tries to shelter them. That's not been the case with Pionk or Gilmour. They were both thrown in the deep end and Pionk has learned how to swim really well already and Gilmour's kept his head above the water all things considered. I'm not really disappointed with Gilmour--I just think he's in over his head....but he might come back after the summer a lot better for this. Pionk seems to be getting better by the game---that's very encouraging. His emergence and Georgiev's emergence are two very good things that have come out of the last few weeks though those two by playing so well have also hurt our draft positioning. It's the way life is--you can't do anything without an obverse effect.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Kreider-Zibanejad-Fast
Chytil-Hayes-Buchnevich
Howden-Andersson-Namestniov/Zucc/Spooner (I'd say the other two get traded for D)
Barron-Veteran 4C-Virta

I'm sweating

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
No, but he called it like it is in the post-game interview. Tough to be successful as a goaltender in the NHL when the other team gets time and space in the slot to pick their corners.
And that’s how the first 3 goals were scored. I’m not sure what they expect to happen when they make defensive plays like that 10 times a game. Your goalie isn’t gonn and able to stop all of them no matter who he is. NHL players are too goood at shooting the puck to give them that much time and space in the slot uncontested to pick their spots and snipe. Panarin’s first goal the coverage was particularly egregious.

Oh and Hayes is legit good. Him being this good will definitely help Lias/Chytil transition into the NHL having Hayes and Mika ahead of them both playing to their potential. It will help insulate them.

Reactions: nevesis

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Actually, Stepan PPG is worse than Mika , and Arizona indeed sucks, but, if I'm not mistaken, he plays with Clayton Keller, that is not too shabby.

I'd be more than willing to bet that Keller is benefiting quite a bit from having Dsteps as his C.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I just wanna say I am so disappointed that we couldn't help our cross river friends tonight.
This is the best scoreboard night in probably the last two weeks not even close.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
The only thing Zibanejad needs to be effective is to not get a concussion

Lol..That would help but there's no denying he's a different player with Kreids on his line.
He's been unable to duplicate the same production with anyone else.
He needs his line mates to do the dirty work.

mrmel329

Feb 28, 2013
Huh?

This game was only as close as it was because CBJ went into stupid mode. They were easily the better team 5v5.

Whats funny is a few weeks ago there were quite a few playoff pals coming up with overly optimistic scenarios where the Rangers would be a point behind CBJ after tonights game. Instead, the Rangers are 15 points behind!

Also a big LOL to anyone who suggested that Zucc is more important to this team's success than Kreider.

Kreid's should be the next Captain

Reactions: Rongomania

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Lol..That would help but there's no denying he's a different player with Kreids on his line.
He's been unable to duplicate the same production with anyone else.
He needs his line mates to do the dirty work.

He and Kreider together is incredible but there's no evidence that suggests he needs Kreider to be effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad