Post-Game Talk: Columbus Blue Jackets at New York Rangers 4/6/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
If you don't advanced stats, don't talk about them. No more sarcastic remarks about it. I just made that a rule.

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
I cheated and picked 4 guys:
1. Stepan: obviously
2. Hank: made some HUGE saves
3. Kreids/Yandle: both made some great passes

Good win! Now all we need is a W in NJ tomorrow to clinch the prez, then we rest our guys and let the Sens get a point or two, and then make the Craps lose home ice advantage! LGR!!!!

NO! I'm going to that game, thank you!

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Last night was the most electric the Garden has been all season. This was such a fun game to be at

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
If that's going to be a rule, are sarcastic remarks about the eye test and normal stats going to be disallowed? I see just as much of that.

The board really just needs one rule 90% of the time: Don't be a dick.

It's surprising how a board comprised of mostly knowledgeable and nice posters, manage to have that rule broken this often (Not declaring myself innocent either, fwiw).

Anway, couldn't stay up for all of this and went to bed after the 2nd. Watched the 3rd on demand at work and only just managed to surpress a couple of shouts on the Stepan goals. Great OT. This team has it's holes, but they are so freekin' good. They are built to win, for sure.

qwertyaas

LGR@
Feb 19, 2008
New York
Still can't believe I left before OT.... Stupid MTA and their useless construction ....

At least I was by my section for Steps goal but the usher wouldn't let us stand by the stairs when we ran back in.

yrrebbor

Jan 21, 2014
New York, NY
Was a very exciting game to be at. I wish the Garden was ways as loud as it was for OT.

I love the AA line, but I hate our PP. That was embarrassing.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Great, the advanced stats dick measuring contest has bled over into the PGT of a game we friggin' won.

Anyway, awesome win. My POTGs:

1) Stepan
2) Kreider
3) Yandle
HM: Hank

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
going to suggest that assists be given for not touching the puck.

Kreider's decision (and a very high IQ decision I may add) to not touch the puck on the OTG by Stepan was as much of an assist as I have ever seen.

Tied up in front, the defender cannot play that as if Kreider is NOT going to take control of the puck mere feet away from the net so he has to remain engaged.

The decision allowed Stepan to take it, and take his time.

The smartest decision maker on the ice at that moment was Kreider.

Should he have shot the puck earlier? Yeah, but it doesn't make him a dumb player, it means he made a mistake.

And this is after that hella pass to Step for the late game tying goal. Another quick thinking smart hockey play.

He keeps this up, he can reach 50 points this year.

20+ and 25+

BEAST

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I was at the game and got some solid feedback:

McDonagh - Doing way too much with the puck in the beginning of the game, but he got better as the game went on...

4th line - Wasnt an abortion for once!

Hank - Hasn't missed a beat... my goodness, he's SO active on the pucl

Staal - Looks incredible in the D zone

Kreider - O...M...G... What effort and vision on both the tying and winning goals...

Those complaining about the game in our end -- I want to remind you that CLB was on a NINE GAME WINNING STREAK.... and we just broke it... let that sink in... This isn't a bottom feeder that we just played

nystromshairstylist

Dec 13, 2009
I know you are coming here with positive things to say, and this doesn't bother a lot of people here, but seriously?

Wasn't meant as insult, just using shorthand (like isles, habs, etc,)...

I got the power plays/penalty kills mixed up:

1-the ranger puck movement during the Mats Zuccarello penalty in the first, and the
2-ranger play puck movement during the Goloubef power play

was as good as any team I've seen this year, or in years. It is textbook stuff, and kudos to the coaching staff and having highly talented, smart players like St.L, kreider, step an, nash, etc.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Actually Lundqvist has a 48.6% CF, that kinda sucks dude.

Does Lundqvist even have a single SOG this season?

What do Lundqvist and Talbot have in common? They're the only two players dressed with no goals this year. They're really holding the team down. Even Tanner Glass has gotten a goal. Let that sink in.

Don't blame the king!

Maybe if that idiot AV put Henrik at the point on the Power Play instead of Girardi, Lundqvist would have a few by now.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Great game. I didn't think the Rangers played poorly in any stretch of it. Sometimes the Jackets had the momentum, sometimes the Rangers did. It's hockey and that's what happens. Legitimate criticisms can be left for the following day after a win like that. It's Monday morning QBing, not Sunday night QBing. The team won! Celebrate with us! Plenty of time for everything else.

1 more W for the PT. Can't get more excited for a RS performance than that! If they clinch tonight, the only two players I would give a rest are Nash and McDonagh. Not on the same night, either. Let the team keep chugging along.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
If we win against NJ tonight, I without question rest Nash or another forward.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
If we beat Devils definitely need to rest players. Nash is on top of that list.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.

Do you really want to slow Nash's metamorphosis from regular season Nash to playoff Nash?

Didn't you see how he completely missed the net from the high slot in OT? He's almost there. Just let nature take it's course.

froglifecycle.GIF.gif

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
The 4th line even with Glass in the lineup has been getting better the last 3 weeks or so. Is it as good as last year's?--I don't think so but the main thing is they allow AV to roll 4 lines and not hurt the team. It would be nice if they could contribute more but this Rangers team is the best offensive Rangers team since the Jagr/Nylander/Straka days.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY

Good idea, a few days off would do wonders for him. I know he's going to go balls to the wall in the playoffs though. He was so criticized all last year for it, and spent all summer training to prove people wrong.

This is when it really counts, he will risk his health to do what needs to be done to help the team win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad