Post-Game Talk: Columbus Blue Jackets at New York Rangers 4/6/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Codyaf222

Feb 10, 2015
I love the way we fought back. Shows our character and how we will do what we can. Hopefully that have the push throughout the playoffs! This our year! BRING IT BACK TO NY

nystromshairstylist

Dec 13, 2009
Isles fan visiting, and have 2 things to say:

1) you all need to hire me, over the past 25 years of watching them the rangers have over a 90% winning streak.

For instance, I was watching tonight until they went up 2-1, went to the can and made some phone calls, and when I came back, they were down 3-2. I sat on the couch, and Stepan promptly scores to tie it. My wife looked at me and asked why am i not a rangers fan. Then he scored in OT... :dunno:

2) The rangers looked so polished at times tonight it was ridiculous, as smooth with their puck control and passing as any team I've seen since the red army of the 70s. Their hockey IQ is huge.

Alain is a stupendous coach, and the coaching staff overall have you guys like a machine - it shows on the ice. If you don't make the SC finals something is wrong.

It eats as me because the difference in coaching between the Isles and Rags is immense, and there are still those defending capuano :shakehead:

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

1) you all need to hire me, over the past 25 years of watching them the rangers have over a 90% winning streak.

For instance, I was watching tonight until they went up 2-1, went to the can and made some phone calls, and when I came back, they were down 3-2. I sat on the couch, and Stepan promptly scores to tie it. My wife looked at me and asked why am i not a rangers fan. Then he scored in OT... :dunno:

2) The rangers looked so polished at times tonight it was ridiculous, as smooth with their puck control and passing as any team I've seen since the red army of the 70s. Their hockey IQ is huge.

Alain is a stupendous coach, and the coaching staff overall have you guys like a machine - it shows on the ice. If you don't make the SC finals something is wrong.

It eats as me because the difference in coaching between the Isles and Rags is immense, and there are still those defending capuano :shakehead:

Thanks. There are still people, Rangers fans included that think that Kreider is dumb as a rock. Stepan finished, but Kreider was as big in the come back as him. Also made a good play on the Girardi goal.

BTW, since I'm on it, people forget yeah Anisimov should have finished on his chance, but he also had pressure from, who else? Kreider. No Kreider and that's likely in the back of the net.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Good: Stepan, Yandle
Bad: MCdonagh, Nash

literally could not agree more...

The entire team was great sans McDonagh, especially that awful turnover he made in the 1st period... that was awful.

CLB is ****ing good--watch out for them next year. I think they'll be contending for 2nd in the Metro

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012

Thaniks for the kind words... while we rarely have super stars (Nash can easily disappear), we have a lot of guys with vision especially for passing. a lot of players have learned to finish their chances this year and that's why we're converting so much.

AV has really put this team into a good spot. The players that consist of the team itself are so tightly knit, it's a beautiful thing to watch

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia

Thanks for posting! I'd be willing to send you a few bucks to keep watching through June. ;)

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
nystromhairstylist, I see what you mean about this Ranger team and the Russian Red Army Team throwing the puck around and skating too. I've noticed that quite a few times this year.

rvdnsx

Jun 30, 2003
Went to the CBJ game thread and PGT (all 10 pages!) and boy are they calling us "lucky". What a bunch of idiots saying it's all luck last year and this year. If winning the President's trophy through an 82 game season is luck then I don't know what a good team has to do not to be "luck". Maybe if we went 82-0 maybe they will respect us.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Went to the CBJ game thread and PGT (all 10 pages!) and boy are they calling us "lucky". What a bunch of idiots saying it's all luck last year and this year. If winning the President's trophy through an 82 game season is luck then I don't know what a good team has to do not to be "luck". Maybe if we went 82-0 maybe they will respect us.

They're irrelevant franchise that has won 2 playoff games in close to 15 years. Their biggest claim to fame is going on a run 2 seasons ago and not making the playoffs. The chip on their shoulder is adorable to me. They're like Devils fans minus the success at any point in their sorry existence.

nystromshairstylist

Dec 13, 2009
Thanks. There are still people, Rangers fans included that think that Kreider is dumb as a rock. Stepan finished, but Kreider was as big in the come back as him. Also made a good play on the Girardi goal.

BTW, since I'm on it, people forget yeah Anisimov should have finished on his chance, but he also had pressure from, who else? Kreider. No Kreider and that's likely in the back of the net.

Kreider assisted with great passes on two of the goals, and anyone who claims he has no hockey sense needs to watch this game.

nystromshairstylist

Dec 13, 2009
nystromhairstylist, I see what you mean about this Ranger team and the Russian Red Army Team throwing the puck around and skating too. I've noticed that quite a few times this year.

In particular, take a look at the penalty kill the rangers had to kill off in the second, IIRC it was the Cody Goloubef one, where they passed the puck all over the ice to take off at least 30 seconds of the PK, that's outstanding coaching, using the whole ice. A perfect combination of smart players and high level coaching.

The only team that will give you guys a run for the money will be Montreal because of Price, other than them you have a cakewalk to the SCF.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I like the poster over there who was saying the Rangers "celly-Ed" too hard and teams that do that lose amongst other ridiculous posts. Seems like he didn't watch the playoffs last year as he was implying this team doesn't have the playoff goods. Even other posters over there were saying he's tsking homer ism to a new level.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
In particular, take a look at the penalty kill the rangers had to kill off in the second, IIRC it was the Cody Goloubef one, where they passed the puck all over the ice to take off at least 30 seconds of the PK, that's outstanding coaching, using the whole ice. A perfect combination of smart players and high level coaching.

The only team that will give you guys a run for the money will be Montreal because of Price, other than them you have a cakewalk to the SCF.

I'm terrified of Tampa. We have more experience, but I think they may be the one team in the east and maybe even league with a better forward group.

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
To be honest the Rangers are very lucky. Lucky to have such a cupcake schedule including tonight. Couldn't have won the Presidents' Trophy without it. If we don't win the Presidents' Trophy, please come back and quote this post. I will have earned it. Even the Rangers can't blow this, right?

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY

Tampa Bay worries me more than Montreal (and the Bruins and Isles to some extent, just nowhere near as much). I can't see Montreal going the distance with Price carrying them. The Rangers tried that with Hank back when they had an average at best team, and it never worked out.

Nonvolition

Nov 16, 2010
New York, NY
What do Lundqvist and Talbot have in common? They're the only two players dressed with no goals this year. They're really holding the team down. Even Tanner Glass has gotten a goal. Let that sink in.

This post reminds me of the 2010-11 season where Lundqvist and Chris Drury were tied in assists/points through 81 games. Drury had to ruin it with a goal in game 82.

truebluegoalie

Nov 28, 2008
Virginia

I know you are coming here with positive things to say, and this doesn't bother a lot of people here, but seriously?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad