GDT: Colorado vs Tampa Sunday 19th February 6 PM MST/8 PM EST || Where's Joe Colborne?

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Its so damn annoying when he does. He had all that time and room to do whatever the hell he wanted to and he puts his head down and slaps it at a shot blocker who prolly giggled as it hit him. Dis our PP QB ya'll. Another thing im noticing with him is he looks damn stiff. He doesnt look smooth as in years past. He looks like hes taking that extra second to make a play and by then the other team has already anticipated.

The penalty killers don't even bother creeping up on him because they don't fear his shot whatsoever. His head is down the entire time. If he puts his head up he'd realize that he can stop the puck, take a look, and get a shot on goal. It beats getting it blocked even if it isn't as hard, not that his one-timer is hard in the first place

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
They say we have on average 15,019 fans on average there per game in the 27 home games, equating to 405,528 fans coming through. I think those numbers are being massaged, and would love to know how / why?
Are they counting people coming through the door or how many tickets sold? With sites like StubHub and Seat Geek i wouldn't be surprised if they're still selling 80% per game.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
When the ticket is paid for, it counts. It's like this everywhere.

I understand that TV, but we aren't talking a few hundred tickets here. We are talking (and let's be conservative) say the arena is "actually" 70% capacity each night (and we know it's not), yet it's reported that it's 83.4%.

Based on your claim, that "it's like this everywhere", and say there is a disparity (being kind) of 13.4% with an average ticket mean price of $159.19 (our capacity is 18,007), that's 2,412 tickets (PER GAME between claimed and perceived actual attendaance) unutilized, being $384,115 every single game (between actual capacity / stated capacity). We've had 28 games at home (including this one), so what you are saying, is that fans have wasted a total of (being kind):

$10,755,220.

I'm sorry if I sound dubious. Again, that number is being VERY generous if we say it's actually 70% full.

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
Are they counting people coming through the door or how many tickets sold? With sites like StubHub and Seat Geek i wouldn't be surprised if they're still selling 80% per game.

Tickets sold.. no one physically counts the people at the game.

All they do is count how many tickets are left on the Avs offical ticket distributor, and minus that from the seating capacity.

So unsold tickets on stubhub/ebay still count as someone "being there"

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Tickets sold.. no one physically counts the people at the game.

All they do is count how many tickets are left on the Avs offical ticket distributor, and minus that from the seating capacity.

So unsold tickets on stubhub/ebay still count as someone "being there"
I've actually been to a game where they had people with clicker counters counting people at all exits.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I understand that TV, but we aren't talking a few hundred tickets here. We are talking (and let's be conservative) say the arena is "actually" 70% capacity each night (and we know it's not), yet it's reported that it's 83.4%.

Based on your claim, that "it's like this everywhere", and say there is a disparity (being kind) of 13.4% with an average ticket mean price of $159.19 (our capacity is 18,007), that's 2,412 tickets (PER GAME between claimed and perceived actual attendaance) unutilized, being $384,115 every single game (between actual capacity / stated capacity). We've had 28 games at home (including this one), so what you are saying, is that fans have wasted a total of (being kind):

$10,755,220.

I'm sorry if I sound dubious. Again, that number is being VERY generous if we say it's actually 70% full.

It's like this everywhere that they count tickets sold as attendance

Most of a teams' sales base is in season tickets.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Avs have created some good chances, but allow a bit too much in their own end.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
It's like this everywhere that they count tickets sold as attendance

Most of a teams' sales base is in season tickets.

Yeah, I understand. What I question, is the applied numbers.

I just can't believe in this economy, that there is $16,132,830 a season in surplus income in families pockets in and around Colorado for people to pay for un-manned seats & Pepsi Center.

If that IS the case, two things:
X Kroenke must be laughing all the way to The Bank, and must think Avs fans are a VERY easy sell - so why invest / change when he made 6+ Mill in profits last season.

X Avs fans must be out of their minds buying tickets they don't plan on using when times get tough. Those numbers shows there are masses of them.

The number (you have to admit), is far / way too big to be anywhere near legitimate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad