GDT: Colorado vs Tampa Sunday 19th February 6 PM MST/8 PM EST || Where's Joe Colborne?

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
He's been accused of being somewhat invisible and hard to find on the ice. Now he's in Florida enjoying beach life. Can you find Joe Colborne?

ZUefOhP.jpg

Avalanche starting lineup last game:

Rantanen Duchene Comeau
Landeskog MacKinnon Nieto
Grigorenko Mitchell Iginla
Colborne Söderberg Martinsen

Beachemin Zadorov
Tyutin Barrie
Barberio Weircioch

Pickard​

Namestnikov Johnson Kucherov
Killorn Point Drouin
Boyle Filppula Palat
Dumont Paquette Brown

Hedman Dotchin
Coburn Strålman
Garrison Sustr

Bishop

Lightning plays Saturday so it's a back to back game. This should give Avs at least 20% chance to win. Let's go hockey.

Last edited:

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Freudian with the GDT? Has to be a guaranteed win.

Love the Waldo reference. If only the Avs could donate Colbourne like I donated my Waldo books.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
So what's the story on Dotchin? Who is he and why is he playing with Hedman?

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course

late round pick 2012 or something. got his first NHL chance this year and has played ok. not top pairing good but better than some of the other garbage they have on D.

their RD situation isn't ideal. garrison and coburn can play there but can't move the puck. sustr just sucks. strålman is the only good player of that group and it's better to balance the pairings and not have him and hedman together.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
late round pick 2012 or something. got his first NHL chance this year and has played ok. not top pairing good but better than some of the other garbage they have on D.

their RD situation isn't ideal. garrison and coburn can play there but can't move the puck. sustr just sucks. strålman is the only good player of that group and it's better to balance the pairings and not have him and hedman together.

wow i had no clue it had gotten that bad.

c'mon Stevie we got a nice righty right here for ya

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
wow i had no clue it had gotten that bad.

c'mon Stevie we got a nice righty right here for ya

Yeah their depth defense (outside of the top pair) has had a fairly early expiration date, and they know that. What I don't know is why they haven't traded for Kirk or Barrie yet. Probably salary reasons, but for the amazing GM that Mr. Y is supposed to be, hes failed to fill that void despite two of the most perfect players you can ask for being available.

Both of them fit the style that Tampa likes to play to a T.

As a Tampa fan I'd want Kirk, but as an Avs fan I want the return Barrie would get lol.

On Tampa..

The Tampa Bay Lightning are not yet sellers..that point was made very clear by a source I spoke with this morning....In fact, there is still heated discussion with Tampa regarding Kevin Shattenkirk...

Haha Eklund just posted this, so maybe...

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Yeah their depth defense (outside of the top pair) has had a fairly early expiration date, and they know that. What I don't know is why they haven't traded for Kirk or Barrie yet. Probably salary reasons, but for the amazing GM that Mr. Y is supposed to be, hes failed to fill that void despite two of the most perfect players you can ask for being available.

Both of them fit the style that Tampa likes to play to a T.

As a Tampa fan I'd want Kirk, but as an Avs fan I want the return Barrie would get lol.

Haha Eklund just posted this, so maybe...

Yeah Barrie would be cheaper in salary but more expensive in assets

hmm i wonder if we took back Filppula , whose got a year left i think, along with ...you know who.. can we get some extra tasty picks

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017

Dotchin has been really impressive ever since he was called up. I don't think anyone expected this. It'll be interesting to watch him for the rest of the season to see what he really is capable of.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Yeah Barrie would be cheaper in salary but more expensive in assets

hmm i wonder if we took back Filppula , whose got a year left i think, along with ...you know who.. can we get some extra tasty picks

I think Colorado would have to take Coburn. Filppula has a modified NTC, and I doubt we're on his 16 team list.

Garrison has a full NTC, and Coburn has a modified that starts in his last season.

The thing is... Coburn's contract isn't really all that bad. So they'd probably want something, even if it's small in a deal like that.

Their best bet is to go hard after Kirk, and until that falls through I wouldn't move on a deal for Drouin and Barrie. So if there is a chance in hell of that happening it would be because they lost out in free-agency.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I think Colorado would have to take Coburn. Filppula has a modified NTC, and I doubt we're on his 16 team list.

Garrison has a full NTC, and Coburn has a modified that starts in his last season.

The thing is... Coburn's contract isn't really all that bad. So they'd probably want something, even if it's small in a deal like that.

Their best bet is to go hard after Kirk, and until that falls through I wouldn't move on a deal for Drouin and Barrie. So if there is a chance in hell of that happening it would be because they lost out in free-agency.

So Landeskog for McAvoy++ (and Beleskey); forcing Boston to trade for and extend Shattenkirk; leaving Tampa stuck with having to trade Drouin for Barrie. Add a Duchene for Sergachev++ or Hanifin+ trade and we've got this whole rebuild thing on lock.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
So Landeskog for McAvoy++ (and Beleskey); forcing Boston to trade for and extend Shattenkirk; leaving Tampa stuck with having to trade Drouin for Barrie. Add a Duchene for Sergachev++ or Hanifin+ trade and we've got this whole rebuild thing on lock.

Boom.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland

whoa... deja vu...

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

Haha, I'm conflicted

Barrie bothers the hell out of me, but hes perfect for their transition/counter attack game.

I'll say this, Mr. Y is going to be treading water if he does not figure out how to retool that defense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad