Proposal: Colorado - Montreal

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
So the Avs get to run two of Soderberg, DD, or Colborne as their #2 and #3 centre's? I think not, easy no.

I mean, that's not really the issue here. Ideally Soderberg and Colborne WOULD be our #2 and #3 centres - Duchene as the #1 and MacKinnon on the RW. Why they're still trying to make MacKinnon function at center is beyond me.

No interest in trading Duchene though, although I like Pacioretty.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Duchene is better asset so col declines easily esp when they receive garbage in DD.

Habitant le colon

Un partisan
Feb 6, 2008
another planet
It's cool to see as usual that 99,9 proposal are not good for a team so it's decline or unacceptable ... while the value is there .... I wonder when and how people will react if that thing happen ...

Avs44

May 16, 2011
It's cool to see as usual that 99,9 proposal are not good for a team so it's decline or unacceptable ... while the value is there .... I wonder when and how people will react if that thing happen ...

I wonder when OP's will take the needs of both teams into account...

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Im not the right person to analyze that one because I realy dislike this useless Grigorenko.

That said, Duchene is the only +70 pts proven player. You cant trade this king of player especially in a team like Avs, a team born with cup rings

Drydenwasthebest

Jun 16, 2009
Duchene has had one 70 point season, two 60+ seasons, and one 30 goal season.

Pacioretty has had FOUR 30+ goal seasons and FOUR 60+ seasons. He is also played on the PP and the PK. I prefer Pacioretty to Duchene, sorry. The OP does not consider the needs of the Habs significantly. Yes, we get a young top line centre to complement Galchenyuk, and that is sweet. Duchene is solid, overall. However, we give up our best goal scoring forward and top LW to do so. At best this is a lateral move that gives francophone fans a francophone player to cheer for. At worst, we just lost our best goal scoring forward for a guy who has proven he produces somewhat better than Plekanec. On top of all of this non offensive improvement, we get to pay more for the privilege in terms of cap (in regards to Duchene and Pacioretty).

I am not saying this considers the Avs' needs, either, but this is no steal for the Habs. Desharnais' contract ends this season, so it is a non factor. Grigorenko has not proven to be of any real value, so far. Siemens could pan out. So, we get nothing that improves us right now. However, we lose our best goal scoring threat, our best prospect with size and skill, a small centre who has proven useful when not being the coach's pet, and a 3rd round pick. At best, Grigorenko and Siemens cancels out DD and McCarron. I like Pacioretty better than Duchene. So we give up a 3rd to get a francophone who we would hope would be a player as good as the one we are losing?

No thanks.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
If and thats a big IF. Duchene was on the market this proposal would be beaten in about 10 seconds.Montreal doesnt have again the assets the could move realistically to make a deal like this happen sorry habs fans

Avs44

May 16, 2011
is one season of 70 points enough to be a proven fact for an overall career of 55 pts ?!?

An overall career of 55 points? :laugh:

Duchene has one season of 70 points in 71 games, an 80+ point pace. During the lockout season he was on pace for 75 points over 82 games. There are three time in his career he has put up 55 or less points: 1) his rookie season, 2) a season in which he was playing through injuries for most of it and only played 58 games total, and 3) 55 points in 2014-2015. So what is your basis for calling Duchene a 55 point player again? You're using his rookie season? A season cut short by injuries? All you've really got is one season to support that claim, and you picked the lowest baseline you possibly could. That is pretty pathetic on your part.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
If the avs trade Duchene it should be for a younger player

This. If we trade Duchene that means we're rebuilding so no Pacioretty.

Duchene for Sergachev+ is something I could get behind, depending on the +.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
McCarron has proven nothing yet, Desharnais is hot garbage that no team will want and he is also vastly overpaid and Patches is just a one trick pony and very overrated and for this you want Duchene a top talent and upcoming talent in Grigorenko? No way in the world Avs do this deal, for Duchene alone it would cost Galchenyuk + +.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Okay here another thread to be flamed by the hfworld !!

I was happy by the Subban trade but still i have another player that I want to see being traded in the few months to come (Hopefully MB will listen to me again, ahahah)

I'd like to offer a package :

#67 Max Pacioretty + #51 David Desharnais + #Rookie Micheal McCarron and a 3rd round pick in 2018

for

#9 Matt Duchene + #25 Mikhail Grigorenko + #Rookie DUNCAN SIEMENS

Having Galchenyuk - Radulov and Duchene - Gallagher duos will help our top 6 to go ahead for a new era.

no way colorado does this. they probably ask for galchenyuk + for duchene.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Duchene has had one 70 point season, two 60+ seasons, and one 30 goal season.

Pacioretty has had FOUR 30+ goal seasons and FOUR 60+ seasons. He is also played on the PP and the PK. I prefer Pacioretty to Duchene, sorry. The OP does not consider the needs of the Habs significantly. Yes, we get a young top line centre to complement Galchenyuk, and that is sweet. Duchene is solid, overall. However, we give up our best goal scoring forward and top LW to do so. At best this is a lateral move that gives francophone fans a francophone player to cheer for. At worst, we just lost our best goal scoring forward for a guy who has proven he produces somewhat better than Plekanec. On top of all of this non offensive improvement, we get to pay more for the privilege in terms of cap (in regards to Duchene and Pacioretty).

I am not saying this considers the Avs' needs, either, but this is no steal for the Habs. Desharnais' contract ends this season, so it is a non factor. Grigorenko has not proven to be of any real value, so far. Siemens could pan out. So, we get nothing that improves us right now. However, we lose our best goal scoring threat, our best prospect with size and skill, a small centre who has proven useful when not being the coach's pet, and a 3rd round pick. At best, Grigorenko and Siemens cancels out DD and McCarron. I like Pacioretty better than Duchene. So we give up a 3rd to get a francophone who we would hope would be a player as good as the one we are losing?

No thanks.

Pacioretty was born in 1988, duchene in 1991.
Duchene hit 67 points when he was 20. Pacioretty didnt come close to that until he was 24.

Duchene 0.76ppg as a C, Pacioretty 0.71 as a LW. 100% of people who think pacioretty is better are habs fans or hate the avs

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
no way colorado does this. they probably ask for galchenyuk + for duchene.

I'd imagine that the ask for Duchene would be Sergachev if they traded him. I doubt they would ask for another forward. The whole idea with any Avs trade of a forward like Duchene would be to acquire a young top 4, probably top 3 or 2 defensemen.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Sergachev is not included in any talks and Duchene is not moving to Montreal. Canadiens stay the course.

If people are suggesting it, and let's be clear, they have at times, then that would be the price. Whether Montreal would be willing or interested at that price is another question.

hockeyheadlines

Oct 9, 2016
Canada
If people are suggesting it, and let's be clear, they have at times, then that would be the price. Whether Montreal would be willing or interested at that price is another question.

What people? The phone hangs up at the mention of Sergachev. We don't need Duchene at this moment in time. We will need Sergachev in the near future.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
What people? The phone hangs up at the mention of Sergachev. We don't need Duchene at this moment in time. We will need Sergachev in the near future.

I've seen several Montreal posters discuss it over the past several weeks, of course, most of those discussions center around trading older players with bad contracts for Duchene.

I am perfectly fine with the idea that Montreal would refuse to trade Sergachev for Duchene or anyone else for that matter. I can understand that logic. However, if that is indeed the case, Montreal should temper their expectations over what kind of player they can actually add. Montreal is not going to be able to acquire a player like Duchene or someone of similar characteristics for prospects like Juulsen, McCarron, or Scherbeck, or any older players on their roster. If that is the expectation, it is out of line with reality. Montreal could add some nice depth pieces with those assets, but not a top line player.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

Your two best players are in their absolute prime and the Habs cup window is 2 or 3 years. Getting Duchene now would exponentially improve your chances for the whole duration of that cup window. He'd become de-facto your best forward and would make a HUGE difference. Refusing to trade a prospect for him would be beyond dumb...you can always draft more defensive prospects but you won't draft another prime Price, Weber, Radulov, Pacioretty and Duchene.

Habs aren't rebuilding, the future is now. If Sakic really wants to trade Duchene with Sergachev as the main piece coming back then Bergevin would have to jump on this like a duck on a junebug. I don't see it happening, though. Sakic would probably want a more proven dman for prime Duchene.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad