Proposal: Colorado - Montreal

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Gallagher , Sergachev , fucale and a 2nd 2017 For Duchene and Zadorov

Sergs and Gally for Duchene?? Damn thats alot. Sure they are adding Z but theres absolutely no fit for him. He is not a top pairing Dman (at least yet), he is not better than Markov as a #2 LD and not better than Beaulieu.
Horrible trade for MTL. Col's pov it doesnt make sense. They wanna win now. Downgrading from Duchene to Gally is a horrible decision. If they are out by the TD, this would be a fantastic return for Duchene if they are shopping him.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Sergs and Gally for Duchene?? Damn thats alot. Sure they are adding Z but theres absolutely no fit for him. He is not a top pairing Dman (at least yet), he is not better than Markov as a #2 LD and not better than Beaulieu.
Horrible trade for MTL. Col's pov it doesnt make sense. They wanna win now. Downgrading from Duchene to Gally is a horrible decision. If they are out by the TD, this would be a fantastic return for Duchene if they are shopping him.

I think you're really underestimating Zadorov. He keeps looking better each game he plays. He's so much calmer than last year defensively. Some nights he is the best Avs defensman. They've been holding him back offensively and easing him in, but his minutes have consistently increased all season. When he's on the ice, he's paired with EJ on the top pairing. Including him in this deal pretty much kills the entire point of offering Sergachev.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC

You're definitely underestimating Z. By the end of this season, he'll most likely be the Avs most valuable defenseman, ahead of both Barrie and Johnson.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
You're definitely underestimating Z. By the end of this season, he'll most likely be the Avs most valuable defenseman, ahead of both Barrie and Johnson.

Not a chance he'll be better than Johnson or Barrie.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I think you're really underestimating Zadorov. He keeps looking better each game he plays. He's so much calmer than last year defensively. Some nights he is the best Avs defensman. They've been holding him back offensively and easing him in, but his minutes have consistently increased all season. When he's on the ice, he's paired with EJ on the top pairing. Including him in this deal pretty much kills the entire point of offering Sergachev.

I dont underestimate him. As I said he is not a top pairing Dman yet. Meaning I believe he can become one (as u pretty much said), hes got terrific upside but I just dont see him being an upgrade over Both Beaulieu and Markov for the time being. I know Therrien will def not use him on the top 4. He loves his vets (Markov and Emelin).

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Value for value its a good proposal for Col. Not so much for MTL.

No it's not a good proposal in the slightest for Colorado - not in terms of fit, not in terms of value. Forget Fucale and the 2nd, they are essentially irrelevant in this deal. It's Gallagher for Duchene, which is terrible, and Zadorov for Sergachev, which could go either way.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
No it's not a good proposal in the slightest for Colorado - not in terms of fit, not in terms of value. Forget Fucale and the 2nd, they are essentially irrelevant in this deal. It's Gallagher for Duchene, which is terrible, and Zadorov for Sergachev, which could go either way.

I did forget Fucale. Gallagher is off value for Duchene. But from Mtls Pov its Gally and Sergs for Duchene which is pretty bad. Also in terms of value, Duchene has loads more than Gally but so does Sergs has loads more than Z. In terms of value its solid for Col.

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
Gallagher , Sergachev , fucale and a 2nd 2017 For Duchene and Zadorov

Remove Zadorov and it still makes absolutely no sense for the Avs.

Zadorov and Duchene are both untouchable.

Sergachev is a good start but a 2nd and Gallagher isn't enough for either...forget both.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Remove Zadorov and it still makes absolutely no sense for the Avs.

Zadorov and Duchene are both untouchable.

Sergachev is a good start but a 2nd and Gallagher isn't enough for either...forget both.

so sergachev, gallagher and a 2nd isn't enough for zadarov?
woof

bergevin slams the phone down on you anyway

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
so sergachev, gallagher and a 2nd isn't enough for zadarov?
woof

bergevin slams the phone down on you anyway

Uh...you're mistaken in that Sakic would be calling Bergevin and putting Zadorov in a trade to begin with.

Zadorov is a top pairing defenseman right now. Sergachev is a shiny toy.

Avs aren't trying to trade Duchene or Zadorov. Sakic would be the one slamming down the phone.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
is one season of 70 points enough to be a proven fact for an overall career of 55 pts/season ?!?

That was 70 points in like 71 games, to be fair. Duchene is no doubt the better point producer, but I'm not sure he's the more valuable player. It's damn close imo.

Pacioretty was born in 1988, duchene in 1991.
Duchene hit 67 points when he was 20. Pacioretty didnt come close to that until he was 24.

Duchene 0.76ppg as a C, Pacioretty 0.71 as a LW. 100% of people who think pacioretty is better are habs fans or hate the avs

That is empirically false.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I did forget Fucale. Gallagher is off value for Duchene. But from Mtls Pov its Gally and Sergs for Duchene which is pretty bad. Also in terms of value, Duchene has loads more than Gally but so does Sergs has loads more than Z. In terms of value its solid for Col.

Yeah, no. It's terrible in terms of value for Colorado, complete rip-off for Montreal.

Last edited:

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Zadorov was the center piece of the Ryan O'Reilly trade, so remember that when you're assessing his value. His value had steadily increased since the trade as well. Playing huge minutes against top lines right now, and excelling.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Zadorov was the center piece of the Ryan O'Reilly trade, so remember that when you're assessing his value. His value had steadily increased since the trade as well. Playing huge minutes against top lines right now, and excelling.

That has no influence whatsoever. A bad deal is a bad deal. Ericksson was the center piece of the Seguin trade. We all know how that went. Z has not warranted much to be considered a top pairing Dman nor commend a top prospect of the NHL. His draft position too isnt that great nor is his production. Potential is something else. As I said he has top pairing Potential but why would the habs gamble on his when they already have Serg's higher potential?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad