Proposal: Colorado - Montreal

hockeyheadlines

Oct 9, 2016
Canada
Being potentially interested in moving a player for the right price, and dumping him for scraps are very different things. The Avs aren't looking to give Duchene away, so if you want him, the asking price is pretty high.

Montreal is not interested in upsetting the balance of the team, for one player. Arguably, the price is too high.

TopTenPlayz

Jun 6, 2014
Galchenyuk is quietly making his niche as a legit #1 C. Adding Duchene would give Mtl a good center line combo. However, Sergachev represents their future on defence especially on the left side. Additionnally, everybody knows how Bergevin is obsessed with defencemen since he was one himself. Duchene would be nice but I doubt Mtl will give up Sergachev for him even though Duchene has more value at the moment since he's more proven.

Drydenwasthebest

Jun 16, 2009
Being potentially interested in moving a player for the right price, and dumping him for scraps are very different things. The Avs aren't looking to give Duchene away, so if you want him, the asking price is pretty high.

I 100% agree. Duchene is not going to be dumped for scraps at all. He is too good a player for that. However, that does not mean Montreal is going to screw up their roster in order to accommodate the Avs. We are trying to win now, so we are not looking to trade Pacioretty or Galchenyuk for Duchene. It makes no sense for our team. That does not mean the Avs should dump Duchene, either. The Avs need the best price they can get for him, IF they choose to deal him. If that means getting the ton of futures they want for him, then Bergevin and Sakic can talk. If it means equivalent roster players, they should not talk. Montreal is looking to win now, so lateral at best moves make no sense.

It all depends upon whether or not Sakic sees his team as being competitive, or rebuilding.

Drydenwasthebest

Jun 16, 2009
Galchenyuk is quietly making his niche as a legit #1 C. Adding Duchene would give Mtl a good center line combo. However, Sergachev represents their future on defence especially on the left side. Additionnally, everybody knows how Bergevin is obsessed with defencemen since he was one himself. Duchene would be nice but I doubt Mtl will give up Sergachev for him even though Duchene has more value at the moment since he's more proven.

If Bergevin could get Duchene for Sergachev and a pick or another prospect, then he better do it. Duchene is not some 30+ year old rental, he would be an amazing core player now and for the length of his contract. I love what Sergachev COULD become, but I love what Duchene IS. We are in win now mode, but getting Duchene is "win now and later" mode. Sergachev + for Duchene should be a done deal if that is the ask (and the "+" is not something stupid).

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012
Speaking to Avs fans now : would you guys entertain the idea of trading Duchene for Pacioretty + 2nd rounder ?

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Speaking to Avs fans now : would you guys entertain the idea of trading Duchene for Pacioretty + 2nd rounder ?

No. We don't have the center depth for that. Soderberg and Mack become out 1&2 centers and that's just not good enough.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

AVS aren't trading Duchene for an older player, that doesn't make any sense whatsoever. If they trade Duchene it's because they want to rebuild and it's going to take time.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
AVS aren't trading Duchene for an older player, that doesn't make any sense whatsoever. If they trade Duchene it's because they want to rebuild and it's going to take time.

why would any team wanna rebuild when it already has terrific young players in Duchene, MacKinnon, Landeskog, Rantanen, Jost, Barrie, Zadarov and others? I mean how many more younger players do you need? Something has gotta give with this team, not a rebuild, maybe a shakeup, maybe some patience.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
why would any team wanna rebuild when it already has terrific young players in Duchene, MacKinnon, Landeskog, Rantanen, Jost, Barrie, Zadarov and others? I mean how many more younger players do you need? Something has gotta give with this team, not a rebuild, maybe a shakeup, maybe some patience.

Trading the older core (Duchene, EJ, Varly) and building around the younger core. Kind of like what the Oilers did by trading Hall and Yakupov to build around McDavid and Draisaitl.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Trading the older core (Duchene, EJ, Varly) and building around the younger core. Kind of like what the Oilers did by trading Hall and Yakupov to build around McDavid and Draisaitl.

Wua? I was under the impression Duchene was the solution not the problem. And even if you are to do that, there is no McDavid around. The Avs should be competing with the core they currently have.
Imo they need more depth, more wingers and some better Ds. Varly is good as is (tho they should look at upgrading that position). If I were the Avs I would be open in maximizing Barrie's and maybe Landy's value and improve the team.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Imo they need more depth, more wingers and some better Ds.

Exactly but they aren't going to get them from nowhere, it will require time. Duchene, EJ and Varly prime is now and the rest of the team is far from ready to compete (hence trading them for younger assets). Montreal is entering his cup window. They are good trading partners.

Question to Habs fans: Would you like Beauchemin? He plays on the left side, signed for one more year after this one but would have to waive his NMC.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Exactly but they aren't going to get them from nowhere, it will require time. Duchene, EJ and Varly prime is now and the rest of the team is far from ready to compete (hence trading them for younger assets). Montreal is entering his cup window. They are good trading partners.

Question to Habs fans: Would you like Beauchemin? He plays on the left side, signed for one more year after this one.

Yeah I guess with Jost coming up and McK being a #1C you can trade Duchene and get good value.

bbob

Nov 27, 2015
I would go for Mackinnon before anyone else on avs. ....Chucks & Mac as a #1 & #2C is better for Habs cause of macs contract with duchene needing a new one.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
No. We don't have the center depth for that. Soderberg and Mack become out 1&2 centers and that's just not good enough.

Maybe it's just me but I think that MacKinnon makes a better winger than center.
It would be foolish to trade Duchene. The Avs have a good young core, they don't need to rebuild they need to add the correct support pieces.
Duchene,Landy,MacK,Johnson,Barrie,Varly. This is good.
Avs need a no. 2 center to push Soderberg to no. 3. Another good D and support wingers with good D who can kill penalties as well.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Maybe it's just me but I think that MacKinnon makes a better winger than center.
It would be foolish to trade Duchene. The Avs have a good young core, they don't need to rebuild they need to add the correct support pieces.
Duchene,Landy,MacK,Johnson,Barrie,Varly. This is good.
Avs need a no. 2 center to push Soderberg to no. 3. Another good D and support wingers with good D who can kill penalties as well.

Exactly, Mack looks much better at wing and Bednar has noticed that. Ideally we need a two way center to play more defensive matchup(which could be Jost to be fair) behind Duchene. We have the right players coming up to build up our depth in Greer and Compher, but we'll need more, so hopefully we can just draft well and bleed our younger guys in, in the nest couple seasons.

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
I would go for Mackinnon before anyone else on avs. ....Chucks & Mac as a #1 & #2C is better for Habs cause of macs contract with duchene needing a new one.

Duchene has the remainder of this year and 2 years after that. He's not a UFA at season end.

Regardless..no way you're getting MacK or Duchene without Chucky coming back.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Duchene has the remainder of this year and 2 years after that. He's not a UFA at season end.

Regardless..no way you're getting MacK or Duchene without Chucky coming back.

can we just close this thread too? galchenyuk is 5th in league scoring as a 22 year old right now. he HAS become the stud no.1 center for habs. we're not dealing him. we need to add to him

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Ok well

Sergachev , Beaulieu , Gallagher , 1st in 2017, second in 2018 , fucale for Duchene and Zadorov

And us habs fans need to calm down we over value our players . Gallagher's value is good but come on. And beaulieu value is nothing special

We can't give you galchenyuk . However if you want Pacioretty we want landeskog in a deal or Rantanen

My second offer is Sergachev and Beaulieu , Sherback , Fucale, and a 1st 2017 for Rantanen , Zadorov

Sergachev and Sherback are worth Rantanen and beaulieu , fucale and a first are worth Zadorov

We are lacking a young NHL ready top 6 and a d to play with Weber. you guys get a potential top 4 in beaulieu , a top prospect in Sergachev , a first round round pick and a guy same age as Rantanen who's having a hot start in the A

Last edited:

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
^ That doesn't make it worth it for Colorado.

We've been waiting for a player like Zadorov for a very long time and it'd take a hell of a lot more than that for him. Avs also have no need for Fucale.

Duchene is our best center. It'd take more than that to get our best center.

hockeyheadlines

Oct 9, 2016
Canada
Ok well

Sergachev , Beaulieu , Gallagher , 1st in 2017, second in 2018 , fucale for Duchene and Zadorov

And us habs fans need to calm down we over value our players . Gallagher's value is good but come on. And beaulieu value is nothing special

We can't give you galchenyuk . However if you want Pacioretty we want landeskog in a deal or Rantanen

My second offer is Sergachev and Beaulieu , Sherback , Fucale, and a 1st 2017 for Rantanen , Zadorov

Sergachev and Sherback are worth Rantanen and beaulieu , fucale and a first are worth Zadorov

We are lacking a young NHL ready top 6 and a d to play with Weber. you guys get a potential top 4 in beaulieu , a top prospect in Sergachev , a first round round pick and a guy same age as Rantanen who's having a hot start in the A

For crying out loud. Please, go support another team.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Ok well

plz never apply for the Habs GM when it gets open

Jarey Curry

Avalanche of Makar
May 2, 2015
Finland
Ok well

Zadorov going away, Sergachev coming back our way in a multi player trade seems to be lateral movement

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00