Proposal: Colorado - Montreal

Avsblitzkrieg

May 1, 2016
Westminster
That has no influence whatsoever. A bad deal is a bad deal. Ericksson was the center piece of the Seguin trade. We all know how that went. Z has not warranted much to be considered a top pairing Dman nor commend a top prospect of the NHL. His draft position too isnt that great nor is his production. Potential is something else. As I said he has top pairing Potential but why would the habs gamble on his when they already have Serg's higher potential?
So does that include sergachev

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
That has no influence whatsoever. A bad deal is a bad deal. Ericksson was the center piece of the Seguin trade. We all know how that went. Z has not warranted much to be considered a top pairing Dman nor commend a top prospect of the NHL. His draft position too isnt that great nor is his production. Potential is something else. As I said he has top pairing Potential but why would the habs gamble on his when they already have Serg's higher potential?

A top pairing defenseman is not a bad return...

Fitting that your name change reflects your trollish behavior.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
A top pairing defenseman is not a bad return...

Fitting that your name change reflects your trollish behavior.

So you expect a player with top pairing potential to actually acquire a proven top pairing?? I dont understand your post at all lmao.
Or were you suggesting Z is already a top pairing Dman while ignoring everything i said?? Lmao whos the troll here:laugh:

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
So you expect a player with top pairing potential to actually acquire a proven top pairing?? I dont understand your post at all lmao.
Or were you suggesting Z is already a top pairing Dman while ignoring everything i said?? Lmao whos the troll here:laugh:

Zadorov has been a top pairing defenseman by every measure. Yu said he wasn't. You continue to post as if you know things about the Avs but the content you post proves that you do not.

Think what you will, Zadorov is a top pairing defenseman right now and has been since the season began.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

He's not suggesting, just stating facts.

Your argument is absolutely hilarious. Zadorov taken all of 7 spots later then Sergachev in a much deeper draft has less draft pedigree and less potential. :laugh:

Zadorov has a higher ceiling then Sergachev. His size and skating ability is an extremely rare skillset in the league and he's delivering on that potential this year.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012

Your argument is absolutely hilarious. Zadorov taken all of 7 spots later then Sergachev in a much deeper draft has less draft pedigree and less potential. :laugh:

Zadorov has a higher ceiling then Sergachev. His size and skating ability is an extremely rare skillset in the league and he's delivering on that potential this year.

That is the EXACT same way to describe Sergachev. :laugh:

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
:laugh:

That's just not true at all.

At 6"3 205 Sergachev is a pretty average size for a Dman.

Nowhere close to the 6"5 230 Pounds that Zadorov is.

He's pretty lanky. Once he fills out, he'll be known as a pretty big guy. He's already above average, and he's what? 18? It's 100% true. Just because Zadorov happens to be a monster doesn't mean that guys smaller than him can't be big too. And I take height/weight measurements with... a bucket of salt, especially from NHL clubs. Now I will say Zadorov is definitely bigger, you make it out to be David vs. Goliath. In reality, it's two big young men.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016

I was just stating facts!!
Btw if only labeling players as top pairing Dmen was that easy....

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
I was just stating facts!!
Btw if only labeling players as top pairing Dmen was that easy....

It's not an easy label. He's earned every bit of it and been excellent at that role. This isn't giving Matt Hunwick 23 minutes of ice time and claiming he's a top pairing defenseman.

You clearly don't know what you are talking about. It's funny.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
It's not an easy label. He's earned every bit of it and been excellent at that role. This isn't giving Matt Hunwick 23 minutes of ice time and claiming he's a top pairing defenseman.

You clearly don't know what you are talking about. It's funny.

Im laughing my ass off when some fans, who are clearly biased in every sense of the way, will already declare their favorite players as top pairing Dmen 14 games into the season despite never being one. :help:
Big Z has played 12 of his 14 games under 20 minutes a night. Only twice has he played more than 20. 20:18 and 21:05. Thats all! His average below 18 mins/gm. Seems to me like ur coach sure as hell dont trust him as one.
On top of all that he has a grand total of 2 assists!! Top pairing?? Yup sure why not.
If only it was that easy, if only.

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
or Duchesne + for Galchenyuk??

Avs aren't the ones adding. Especially if it's Montreal that's calling. Avs have no reason to trade Duchene. You want Duchene you have to pay the asking price in this scenario. Just as if it were the Avs calling the Habs, they'd have to pay up.

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
Im laughing my ass off when some fans, who are clearly biased in every sense of the way, will already declare their favorite players as top pairing Dmen 14 games into the season despite never being one. :help:
Big Z has played 12 of his 14 games under 20 minutes a night. Only twice has he played more than 20. 20:18 and 21:05. Thats all! His average below 18 mins/gm. Seems to me like ur coach sure as hell dont trust him as one.
On top of all that he has a grand total of 2 assists!! Top pairing?? Yup sure why not.
If only it was that easy, if only.

Oh good to see that you're not looking at what he's been doing with that ice time and only looking at the total..

He's been playing top pair 5v5 with EJ and been playing like he belongs.

Lol @ using points to dictate who is and isn't a top pairing defenseman....I don't know if you know this, but the entire team has trouble scoring right now.

I said top pairing..not elite #1. Just because you rely on the most basic of stat lines to uphold your argument doesn't make you correct. Look at who he plays against and who he plays with. Zadorov isn't being sheltered. He's exactly what the Avs need and has been superb in that top pairing role.

He learned bad habits in Buffalo on a historically bad team, got some seasoning in the AHL last year and has been earning his 5v5 minutes this year. The PK minutes and arguably PP minutes will come along soon enough.

Drydenwasthebest

Jun 16, 2009
Avs aren't the ones adding. Especially if it's Montreal that's calling. Avs have no reason to trade Duchene. You want Duchene you have to pay the asking price in this scenario. Just as if it were the Avs calling the Habs, they'd have to pay up.

Actually, wanting a player and paying a stupid price for said player are very different things. Bergevin might call, but when he heard the price he may well choke down his laughter in order to be polite and get off the phone. Then he will burst out laughing while avoiding upsetting his Avs counterpart...:naughty:

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Actually, wanting a player and paying a stupid price for said player are very different things. Bergevin might call, but when he heard the price he may well choke down his laughter in order to be polite and get off the phone. Then he will burst out laughing while avoiding upsetting his Avs counterpart...:naughty:

Being potentially interested in moving a player for the right price, and dumping him for scraps are very different things. The Avs aren't looking to give Duchene away, so if you want him, the asking price is pretty high.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->