Rumor: Colorado, Boston, Rangers looking at Atkinson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
I think what Zuccarello is asking is fair, and he would fit in well in our system.

In all honesety, this deal probably won't go down, but for the sake of argument. Could a trade be made straight up, or would we have to sweeten the pot a little?

Or NYR would have to add a lot. Why would we trade for someone who wants that much when we are already paying so many other forwards a ton?

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Interesting dilema.

If people are now picking up the heat on interest in Cam, does the team scratch him today to prevent injury considering they have no extra healthy forwards?

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
no real desire for Zuccs, good player but another ROR type IMO that gets paid more than he'll ever be worth

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Interesting dilema.

If people are now picking up the heat on interest in Cam, does the team scratch him today to prevent injury considering they have no extra healthy forwards?

Leopold to W. Problem solved. Of course if we scratch Wiz that would be a problem.

My guess is if the talks are serious Cam is out. It would be stupid to risk injury if we were trying to trade him

Wait a minute, this is the Jacket's brain trust we are talking about...

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
If we trade Cam, Oliver Bjorkstrand becomes the best RW in this franchise. Followed by Clarkson, Tropp, and Boll.

Gaborik? Gone. Horton? Gone. Cam would be the 3rd straight RW traded, and we haven't brought any in besides Clarkson, and I guess if you still think Skille can be a top 9 contributor (LOL. But he's out for the year, so...). Trading Cam likely leaves us TWO NHL-caliber RWs short going into the offseason, depending on the return. Rumors were 2nd round pick + prospect, so who knows...

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Leopold to W. Problem solved. Of course if we scratch Wiz that would be a problem.

My guess is if the talks are serious Cam is out. It would be stupid to risk injury if we were trying to trade him

Wait a minute, this is the Jacket's brain trust we are talking about...

I'm surprised if Jarmo wasn't trying to arrange a Monday afternoon MMA match with Ronda Rousey vs. Cam Atkinson as we speak :)

But I agree if any talks are serious that player won't play today.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I'm surprised if Jarmo wasn't trying to arrange a Monday afternoon MMA match with Ronda Rousey vs. Cam Atkinson as we speak :)

But I agree if any talks are serious that player won't play today.

14 seconds to spare. :laugh:

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Wish I would have seen this thread...just posted in the Wisniewski thread.

Wis+Atkinson

for

ROR+pick/prospect

Cap hits are about even, Colorado needs defense and could use Atkinson to replace ROR. ROR would be a great offensive and defensive addition for Columbus. They get rid of Wis's contract to boot.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005

Wis+Atkinson

for

ROR+pick/prospect

Cap hits are about even, Colorado needs defense and could use Atkinson to replace ROR. ROR would be a great offensive and defensive addition for Columbus. They get rid of Wis's contract to boot.

No thank you. We aren't trying to get rid of his contract. Also, how are we getting rid of his contract when we take ROR's contract back? This deal makes no sense.

niflheim

Hockey is cheating
Nov 22, 2014
If we trade Cam, Oliver Bjorkstrand becomes the best RW in this franchise. Followed by Clarkson, Tropp, and Boll.

Gaborik? Gone. Horton? Gone. Cam would be the 3rd straight RW traded, and we haven't brought any in besides Clarkson, and I guess if you still think Skille can be a top 9 contributor (LOL. But he's out for the year, so...). Trading Cam likely leaves us TWO NHL-caliber RWs short going into the offseason, depending on the return. Rumors were 2nd round pick + prospect, so who knows...

Cam at least has 20 G potential, we knew. Why this potential wasn't realized, I don't know:help:

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
Cam at least has 20 G potential, we knew. Why this potential wasn't realized, I don't know:help:

Heck, the same could be asked about:
Voracek
Brassard
Stralman
and...even Nash!

Watching Jake play for Philly kills me. :cry:

major major

Feb 18, 2013

Wis+Atkinson

for

ROR+pick/prospect

Well I'd do it.

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
Or NYR would have to add a lot. Why would we trade for someone who wants that much when we are already paying so many other forwards a ton?

Ranger fan here and can tell you that if Zuccarello is dealt it is because of financial constraints only. This off season is going to get beyond tricky with the salary cap with Sather having to sign both Stepan long term as well as Hagelin. After that, Sather will probably have a little bit left to shore up the bottom 6. And maybe, just maybe have some left over to convince MSL to take an incentive laden contract... that's how tight it will be. Sather's offer of $4-$4.5m per is low but probably all Sather would be able to afford without getting MSL done.
Bottom line, if Columbus lands Zuccarello, he'll be on the 1st line and quickly become a fan favorite that is more than just clutch. Great locker room-team guy that opposing teams can't stand playing against. He's worth every penny. Rangers just can't afford to keep him long term.

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
I'd take Zucc in a second. I'd love it even more if we could figure out a way to get rid of Clarkson.

Ha.
Pretty sure Clarkson was done because of the change in scenery.
I brought it up in a different thread but what would Zuccarello realistically bring back in a trade. Obviously, NYR would add a conditional draft pick but what are Columbus' needs?
Apart from late picks, other players I think can get moved are J. Moore, JT Miller and probably prospects like Hirivik and Lindberg. I would be crazy to not add the obligatory Tanner Glass in any trade.

CBJSlash

Aug 13, 2003
The Bus
Visit site
Ha.
Pretty sure Clarkson was done because of the change in scenery.
I brought it up in a different thread but what would Zuccarello realistically bring back in a trade. Obviously, NYR would add a conditional draft pick but what are Columbus' needs?
Apart from late picks, other players I think can get moved are J. Moore, JT Miller and probably prospects like Hirivik and Lindberg. I would be crazy to not add the obligatory Tanner Glass in any trade.

I wasn't implying Clarkson would be included in a trade for Zuc. I just wouldn't want that many 5+ million dollar contracts.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I'd take Zucc, of course, but only in a sign and trade. Or we'd wait til he's a UFA in the summer. There's zero chance we trade assets for an unsigned Zucc.

major major

Feb 18, 2013

I maybe wouldn't do it if not for the fact that the club is already moving away from Wiz. If that's the case than I see this as a good deal. Trade Wiz and go big on Mike Green or some other RHD in trade or UFA.

O'Reilly >> Cam. They're both having bad years and O'Reilly still has way more assists than Cam gets in a good year. You can play him at any forward position and he's a stellar all-around player.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio

Maturity is probably a big part of it. Getting into the league is one thing. Staying is another. Becoming really good requires a whole different level of commitment many kids haven't learned yet (see Jake learning from Jagr).

Regardless, we need more production out of that position than what Atkinson is currently giving us.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
I was really hoping to hold off on trading Atkinson until the summer but seeing what these rentals are going for, the time to move him (if that's the direction the club wants to go) is now. He's got extra value right now because of his low cap hit. I don't think a low 1st (or equivalent value) is out of the question anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad