Rumor: Colorado, Boston, Rangers looking at Atkinson

Status
Not open for further replies.

niflheim

Hockey is cheating
Nov 22, 2014
Has anybody else gone on record saying that well do nothing before the deadline and the pages and pages of speculation, drama and animosity will all have been for nothing?

Nobody wants out. Strong patriarchal family :laugh:

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Has anybody else gone on record saying that well do nothing before the deadline and the pages and pages of speculation, drama and animosity will all have been for nothing?

Posters or management? :laugh: i said i didnt think we'd do anything. But i was wrong.

Management i dont think has said anything either way.

spiller19

Sep 23, 2013
BLOODY ****ING HELL.

We have officially reached Johansen-to-Edmonton-for-not-Eberle levels of persistent stupidity with Avs fans trying to send RoR here for a defenseman.

For the eleventy billionth damn time, unless and until his contract situation becomes less of a g-ddamn dumpster fire, NO. We're already paying large amounts of money for better players at lower prices than what he's already making.

Or, alternatively - if you want this to happen, you have to take back Clarkson in the deal. Without any salary retention.

Didnt mean to offend you. ROR while having an off year is still the best player in the deal I get the contract concerns obviously you would have to think you have a good chance of signing him to make the deal. Dubinsky is not better than him and IMo it's not that close. Yes Holden sucks would you prefer seimens instead? Chill out a bit just trying to have a conversation :laugh:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Dubinsky is not better than him and IMo it's not that close.

Dubinsky:
dubiHERO.png

First-line level performance with second-line level minutes.

RoR:
rorHERO.png

Second-line level performance with first-line level minutes.

And these represent the last few years, so none of your "he's having a down year" silliness applies.

Dubi is unquestionably a better player. There is no debate to be had. It is a matter of concrete, demonstrable fact. Yet there was lots of criticism directed towards JK for extending him to a $5.85m/year extension.

Given that, O'Reilly's arguably not worth the $6m/year he's paid right now. And he wants more. And he's already demonstrated a willingness to hold out for more.

spiller19

Sep 23, 2013
Dubinsky:
dubiHERO.png

First-line level performance with second-line level minutes.

RoR:
rorHERO.png

Second-line level performance with first-line level minutes.

And these represent the last few years, so none of your "he's having a down year" silliness applies.

Dubi is unquestionably a better player. There is no debate to be had. It is a matter of concrete, demonstrable fact. Yet there was lots of criticism directed towards JK for extending him to a $5.85m/year extension.

Given that, O'Reilly's arguably not worth the $6m/year he's paid right now. And he wants more. And he's already demonstrated a willingness to hold out for more.

Lol make a poll and see who people think is better since it's so "concrete":sarcasm:

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Lol make a poll and see who people think is better since it's so "concrete":sarcasm:

I suppose it depends on where the poll is held. You'd have a tough time getting ROR over Dubi in a poll here. No offense, but this whole thing is kind of silly.

CBJ aren't looking to unload contracts, and they're particularly not looking for a rental that they can hope they can sign. Worse still, they're not looking to deal an asset like JJ+Atkinson for such another asset, even if he was signable - and clearly he does not mind holding out or being a pain in the ass. Not. Interested.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
RoR. One of the more overrated players that appears to be more interested in money that anything else. That's would I would want to build around.

Not even sure I'd give up a late second round for him. I doubt he'll do much after next season and he gets his big deal.

As far as Atkinson, not even sure if I want him to stay or go.

IBleedUnionBlue

Aug 16, 2009

The Horton deal surprised me. I don't think Porty has any clues whatsoever. I suspect a few minor changes happen tomorrow. I dont see much drama though.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
RoR. One of the more overrated players that appears to be more interested in money that anything else. That's would I would want to build around.

Not even sure I'd give up a late second round for him. I doubt he'll do much after next season and he gets his big deal.

As far as Atkinson, not even sure if I want him to stay or go.

Bingo.

Bingo.

Bingo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad