GDT: Colorado Avalanche@ Winnipeg Jets 10/26/14 1 PM MDT

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Can we please create a thread for the "lets draft Hanifin/McDavid/Eichel" idiocy? We're still in October and it's already old.

How was Redmond?

He played fine. Like most of the Avs team he struggled with Jets intensity at times but apart from one or two turnovers, there were no big problems with Redmond's play.

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
on a positive note we're only 5 points away from the top. a few loss from the avs and a few wins from carolina and buffalo would get us up there in no time.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Last year it felt like Avs were the ones carrying play in OT and it was only a matter of time until they were going to score. This year Avs are not having the puck a lot and when they do, it's one and done and play goes the other way.

I still get the feeling that the team bought the idea that they're awesome and they're a little bit confused why it's not easy to play. They show flashes but that's not enough. They need to go on a run in the coming month to not have ****ed the season away by late November.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
We were almost always second on the puck , chassing the Jets players all game long . I dont think any players would have help us , the way we played tonight .

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
They don't need multiple pieces, they need good pieces. One good player or prospect could make the difference, not a slew of prospects and ok players.

Agree to disagree I guess. (Avs won't draft that high anyway, but I was just hypothesizing if this were to continue).

They have a slew of ok players now and very few open roster spots for next year. They also won't be able to get a good piece for the "ok" players that will be clogging up the roster.

It's a good draft, and getting multiple pieces to move down some picks wouldn't be the worst thing IMO.

FO showed it felt this team was more than 1 good player away even though they were actually good last season. I doubt they have changed their minds much after the start this season.

Roy with his press conference and obligatory "we're almost there" quotes

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Winnipeg played an extremely hard fought game. You're not giving them enough credit.

It was still a pathetic effort. There's a reason Winnipeg gets dominated by nearly everyone else except Colorado, and it's not because the Jets suddenly turn it on when they see guys dressed in burgundy.

Avs played a slow, pensive game throughout and tried to force stuff that wasn't there all game long. They also hardly challenged Pavelec at all.

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
Buff just dominated us this game.

and damn landys wasting a lot of scoring chances. Not just todays game but I've seen it numerous times this season where Mackinnon makes a quick pass to Landy in front of the net just for him to whiff on it or shoot wide. I know it's sometimes around his feet and stuff but damn I wish he scores on one of those. Mackinnon isn't playing good but Landy's playing worse. Hope he turns it around soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad