GDT: Colorado Avalanche@ Winnipeg Jets 10/26/14 1 PM MDT

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
"I thought Zach did an outstanding job," he said. "Every time he got the puck in the D-zone he was moving his feet and getting out of the zone really quick and making good outlet passes. The quicker we can get our forwards the puck and support them in the rush, the better it's going to go."

Hmmmm. Moving the puck quickly and actually making tape to tape passes sure does seem to help.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Last game was something to build on, but if it's not followed with a similar effort it means nothing.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
For a guy who pushes for the D to jump into the play and attack it mystifies me that Roy waited so damned long to put Redmond into the lineup.

I know he was working on chipping the puck up the boards with Foote. Maybe he had to increase his chipping ability before Roy gave him the go. I don't know.

Thank God he makes crisp outlet passes rather than chipping the puck.

Steerpike

We are never give up
Feb 15, 2014
Colorado
So right now Tangs Duchene Iginla is clicking but on the second line we have an insane amount of talent in Landeskog Mackinnon O'Reilly going to waste.

Could we do something like:

Tangs Duchene Iggy
Landy MacK McGinn
Talbot O'Reilly Everberg
McCleod Mitchell Briere

That looks sexy as **** to me.

O'Reilly would still get a lot of minutes through special teams.

Mitchell is surely better than Talbot but I'd rather he be on his own line to work his magic.

Everberg would give the line way more grind than Briere can.

Last edited:

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
So right now Tangs Duchene Iginla is clicking but on the second line we have an insane amount of talent in Landeskog Mackinnon O'Reilly going to waste.

Could we do something like:

Tangs Duchene Iggy
Landy MacK McGinn
Talbot O'Reilly Everberg
McCleod Mitchell Briere

That looks sexy as **** to me.

O'Reilly would still get a lot of minutes through special teams.

Mitchell is surely better than Talbot but I'd rather he be on his own line to work his magic.

Everberg would give the line way more grind than Briere can.

MacKinnon's problems are largely his own. He's just not quite "on" yet. They've switched lines and positions for him and it hasn't worked. He's just gotta work through this.

Also, Landy hasn't been himself as of yet either apart from a few sparks of brilliance. Again, he too will work it out, but taking O'Reilly out and keeping MacK/Landy together doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
If MacKinnon can't get his first of the season against Pavelec, he's a bust.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
The question i have is what took so long to put Redmond in instead of Guenin or Wilson

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
May as well just turn this into the GDT. I don't have anything special for tomorrow.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Hoping for another sustainable corsi win like against the nucks.

That 92-29-90 line really needs to figure out how to function together in the next week or two.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
When we mix up the forwards, if that Landy line doesn't click soon, I hope we just swap Ryan with Tanguay as the first move. I like the tanguay-iginla chemistry we're seeing and hopefully it's helping Duchene figure out how best to use Iggy, but Matt and Ryan had insane chemistry together and with Matt and Iggy working together so far all season I think swapping tangs for ROR would only help them click more. Meanwhile Tanguay would help that second line fall into place and give Landy-MacK some wise puck control and passing to rally their games around. Let's us keep that really nice third line together with Briere giving the fourth line some spark. Swapping cliche out for Winchester or Everberg will be sweet to really make that 4th line legit, but I like how our bottom 6 is set up right now while would hate messing with Dutchy-Iggy and Landy-MacK.

Sure it's appealing to picture Ryan centering a studly third line with Talbot/Malkin and McGinn/Tanguay/Iginla, and the way Matty's playing he could do work with any wingers , but we've almost got everything working nicely up front, and we've seen what Landy and MacK could do together when they just played their games with confidence. If Tanguay can't get them going I'd give talbot a shot.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Yeah that second line is never going to function as is. Maybe it will get a bit better but its not a permanent solution. Roy even admitted on the radio that O'Reilly probably should play with Duchene. I don't know what's stopping him now.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I don't agree with removing Tanguay from Iginla. It's the only duo clicking right now. Maybe let RoR center them and put Duchene with Mackinnon/Landeskog to allow those two to start piling up points. But even that I'd rather not do. The current lines are the most logical, but with Briere in 3rd line instead of Talbot.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Glad Redmond gets another nod. I'm going to try and focus on watching his defense and positioning this time and not just his puck play and skating. Wish his choice in number didn't always distract me though. Dont think I've liked a #22 since Lemieux.

Unless Barrie gets better defensively we could trade him and just put a forward back there.

Hope the 12-9-40 keeps it up and the 92-29-90 get a bit better.

I like playing the Jets though. Some fun young talent on that team.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I don't agree with removing Tanguay from Iginla. It's the only duo clicking right now. Maybe let RoR center them and put Duchene with Mackinnon/Landeskog to allow those two to start piling up points. But even that I'd rather not do. The current lines are the most logical, but with Briere in 3rd line instead of Talbot.
Only duo clicking? Duchene and Iginla look real good together now.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Duchene drives that first line will do so if it's Tanguay, RoR or McG who's opposite iginla. The second line, as assembled, isn't going to start clicking. And the bottom 6 is much stronger with briere centering the fourth line and Talbs joining Malkin and McG on the third. A guy like talbot is great for helping that line keep pressure on teams, and briere gives his line a nice spark it wouldn't have with talbot in his stead. Just gotta swap cliche out for Winchester or Everberg.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I think I'd rather keep the players who have shown throughout their careers they have very good chemistry with one another. ROR, MacK and Landy are talented enough to figure out how to break out. If they don't, I'd rather move MacKinnon down to 3rd line with Mitchell and probably Briere while moving McGinn up with Landeskog and O'Reilly. The Tanguay-Duchene-Iginla line is clicking, why break it up for 1 player?

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Only duo clicking? Duchene and Iginla look real good together now.

Duchene would look good on a line with just about anybody now, whereas Tanguay blew hard with everyone before playing with Duchene and Iginla. If you want added production from certain players just play them with Duchene. That is why I was floating the potential of moving Duchene to a line with other players, whereas you want to keep Tanguay with Iginla who have shown considerable chemistry.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Gonna miss this game, sucks since it feels like with them finally clicking this could be another blowout.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Gonna miss this game, sucks since it feels like with them finally clicking this could be another blowout.

Hey, first game I missed was last night's game because of work and look what happens :laugh: Let's hope for another blowout. A big win at home is huge. A blowout on the road? That could do wonders for this team

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
Duchene would look good on a line with just about anybody now, whereas Tanguay blew hard with everyone before playing with Duchene and Iginla. If you want added production from certain players just play them with Duchene. That is why I was floating the potential of moving Duchene to a line with other players, whereas you want to keep Tanguay with Iginla who have shown considerable chemistry.

This makes sense, but I don't agree with any line combos that break up Iglina and Duchene right now..... they looked real good last game.

Last edited:

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Every game we've played with Winnipeg is a one goal game, I expect the same.

The reason to move Tanguay is to get the best out of MacKinnon, Landy and O'Reilly. That seems like reason enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad