GDT: Colorado Avalanche@ Winnipeg Jets 10/26/14 1 PM MDT

Rumplesnipeskin

Bar Down
Nov 30, 2011
Colorado
That was ugly, the Jets came out and executed their game plan against us. We're still working on breakouts, let alone getting it into the opposition zone. :help:

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Overall we were lucky to get a point in that game. I've made a lot of comments about what I think are issues with this team's composition but jesus at least show some heart and drive.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Avs didn't deserve to win, but at least we stole a point.

I thought EJ and MacKinnon were the worst players today, and to add insult.....EJ got injured. Also the amount of interference from the Jets today was close to Red Wings level. We were also fortunate that their players decided to take a page from Landeskog's book and miss the net on 2v1s.

Stuart though, was pretty damn amazing after EJ went down. Not too worried, because how many 1pm games do you see on a Sunday for Western Conference teams? I would expect Avs to play much better if this game was at home.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
What has the team shown you that suggest they won't be a lock for the bottom 5?

We have too much talent to be worse than Buffalo, Carolina, Edmonton, and two of Florida/Leafs/Calgary/Arizona/Vancouver/Jets

Although if EJ is out longer than all bets are off.

Looking like we are in for a long season :(.

At least the draft is good. Bottom 5 would probably better than the 9th or 10th pick for us.
Hannifin (and maybe Kylington) would really, really, really help us in the future...

AVSfan2daMAX

Nov 24, 2006
ROR needs to put his big boy pants on and start earning his 5.8 million. He wasn't that bad today, but I'm sick and tired of seeing people suggest that he needs to be placed back on Duchene wing. The difference between #9 and #90 is that one of them is on a level where everybody is better when they play with him. Let the second line work out of their funk and earn their success. Personally, I find the chemistry excuse lame at this stage. Both the first line and third line look good, despite who plays on it.

The biggest issue with this team is with 6th year player and 4th year player.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
trade 3rd for ekblad. hanifin is overrated

If it were to get to that:

Trade the 3rd for multiple pieces.

Unload any non "core" pieces you can at the deadline for picks, decent RFAs not likely to stay with their other team, and prospects.

If this season really does keep heading south, the Avs need roster flexibility and some depth to make good competition

AVSfan2daMAX

Nov 24, 2006
Did you guys have amnesia from last year? Do you not recall how every single game went? They all went to OT. Those of you talking about a blow out :shakehead:

Against a desperate team no less. And their goalie played really well. I don't think the avs were that bad either.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Against a desperate team no less. And their goalie played really well. I don't think the avs were that bad either.

Don't get me wrong, the Jets played very well. But there's no way that can be called a worthy effort from the Avs.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
If it were to get to that:

Trade the 3rd for multiple pieces.

Unload any non "core" pieces you can at the deadline for picks, decent RFAs not likely to stay with their other team, and prospects.

If this season really does keep heading south, the Avs need roster flexibility and some depth to make good competition

They don't need multiple pieces, they need good pieces. One good player or prospect could make the difference, not a slew of prospects and ok players.

AvalancheFan19

May 3, 2009
ROR needs to put his big boy pants on and start earning his 5.8 million. He wasn't that bad today, but I'm sick and tired of seeing people suggest that he needs to be placed back on Duchene wing. The difference between #9 and #90 is that one of them is on a level where everybody is better when they play with him. Let the second line work out of their funk and earn their success. Personally, I find the chemistry excuse lame at this stage. Both the first line and third line look good, despite who plays on it.

The biggest issue with this team is with 6th year player and 4th year player.

This. O'Reilly and Landeskog are garbage thus far. Mackinnon has been as well but it's his sophomore year for Christ sake. Duchene had bad stretches as well and look how he turned out. Mackinnon is facing adversity and is clearly having trouble with it. I'm not worried about him.. However O'Reilly and Landeskog have no excuse. They're supposed to be leaders on this team and they've been disappearing when we need them most. Holden sucks too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad