Series Talk: Colorado Avalanche vs San Jose Sharks (P2 vs WC2)

Who ya got?

• Avs in 4

• Avs in 5

• Avs in 6

• Avs in 7

• Sharks in 4

• Sharks in 5

• Sharks in 6

• Sharks in 7

Results are only viewable after voting.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Went Sharks in 7. I don’t think this is going to be nearly as easy as some think. Came back down 3-1 in the series and came back down 3-0 tonight, they’re still a strong team even if they’re an older team. Avs have to be ready and use their speed to their advantage.

Reactions: The Merchant

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Avs in 6. No one can contain Mackinnon and "baby got back" Rantanen

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
Californiais-Matt-Nieto.gif

Last edited:

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
A lot of confidence in here for a team that can’t win in San Jose. I mean the Avs can’t even really beat the Sharks in Denver if the last few seasons are any indication.

I will cheer my ass off for this team until the day it ends, but I’m not expecting this series to go our way.

Reactions: Avs and Mules

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
A lot of confidence in here for a team that can’t win in San Jose. I mean the Avs can’t even really beat the Sharks in Denver if the last few seasons are any indication.

I will cheer my ass off for this team until the day it ends, but I’m not expecting this series to go our way.

Meh. Avs sucked at the Saddledome for years. Playoffs are a different beast. Still doesn't mean it's gonna be easy.

Reactions: McMetal and Barklez

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
IMG_20190424_073403.png

I dunno man. Jones needs to play .930+ hockey, or he's gonna have a bad time.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
The Sharks just played 3 games where they were facing elimination, two of which went to OT and one where they clawed their way back down by 3 in the 3rd.

They won't be a pushover. We're going to have to keep our foot on the gas and not let up or they will fight back.

There's no dejected, fake tough, whining, diving babies this time. Just a bunch of big bodies, veterans trying to shake off a playoff choker label and win their first cup.

Reactions: Mules

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I dont expect this to be a walk in the park series by any means... But I do believe if we play at the level we did in round 1 we can win no question.

I went with Avs in 6 but would not be surprised to see this one go 7 games and then who knows what happens in game 7.

Reactions: McMetal

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
I’m sure he will. When do we ever face a bad goalie who actually plays bad against us lol.
Very true. I still think if we can put up 35+ shots on him a night, he's going to have serious problems.

He wasn't good last night, either.

Rumplesnipeskin

Bar Down
Nov 30, 2011
Colorado
Swipe right for Jones :sarcasm:

Fell asleep with Vegas up 3-0; woke up to a Sharks win, and the realization that I’m in San Francisco May 1-4... hopefully we have a game scheduled there on one of those days (I don’t live in CO, so only other way I get to go is [when] we make the finals, as noted on the permission slip I had to have my wife sign).

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
I got Avs in 7. We're rolling hot right now but SJ owns us. Still, I have us edging them out..... hopefully lol.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow

Meh, we just crushed the "Best Team in the West" soooo ...

not_afraid_anymore_home_alone.gif

Bring 'em on!

(Even if we lose we had a damn good year and it's only going uphill from here)

Mules

Jan 28, 2004
The Sharks just played 3 games where they were facing elimination, two of which went to OT and one where they clawed their way back down by 3 in the 3rd.

They won't be a pushover. We're going to have to keep our foot on the gas and not let up or they will fight back.

There's no dejected, fake tough, whining, diving babies this time. Just a bunch of big bodies, veterans trying to shake off a playoff choker label and win their first cup.
I think the younger Sharks are hungrier and grittier than their vets. Winning 2 OT in elimination games are nothing to scoff at.
The Sharks coming to 2nd round with full confidence.

Reactions: Tommy Shelby

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad